General Chat

12 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

I am going to Cardiff in December, been told to visit and photo a statue, fountain or.. supposed to be Torchwood HQ..

Or as us locals refer to it is 'that shiny metal pole thing that has water coming out it'. 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

@tenaciouspirit Woops I've just realised you already posted about the wall ignore me! This is what happens when I try to speed read my way through the forum and I end up missing stuff like this! :lol:

Haha don't worry! But yeah it's really cool. It's where they filmed the 'visitors entrance' scenes for the hub, out on the bay.

2 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

I am going to Cardiff in December, been told to visit and photo a statue, fountain or.. supposed to be Torchwood HQ..

You absolutely have to get your picture taken standing on the invisible lift entrance to the Hub - that is if you can find it, obviously :P

53 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

@tenaciouspirit Yes I have seen a picture of it, from what I can remember from a friend telling me about it when they went to Cardiff there's a wall filled with tributes to Ianto and Torchwood I think, but I might be wrong though??

Wondering if the message I’ve left 5+ years ago on Ianto’s Shrine is still there... I miss Cardiff so much, the Bay area is so beautiful :wub: And I miss Torchwood so much as well - or Class, or the Sarah Jane Adventures for that matter :crying:

56 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

@Nerd Who Can you remember what you wrote on the shrine?:D

I miss all of them too :( They are bringing back Torchwood in the audio adventures but it’s not the same!<_<

I think I wrote something stupid like “Ianto is still alive” or something similar :lol::P Don’t really remember the exact words, but I should have a picture somewhere ;)

I’ve listened to some of the audio adventures and I love them so much :wub: I follow some of the Doctor Who audios as well! Sadly they’re all very expensive, so I’m really behind, but one day I’ll catch up with all the new Torchwood adventures! :D

10 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

@tenaciouspirit Yeah that was a good episode! I think my favourites were Children of Earth and Miracle Day!

How can you like Miracle Day?! :o To me it was atrocious :blink: Just kidding obviously, we all have different tastes, but it was my least favourite season, and I found it quite disappointing after the absolute masterpiece that is Children of Earth (first time I saw Capaldi on screen, too!)

19 minutes ago, tenaciouspirit said:

Honestly loved Torchwood. More so than Who to be honest. Exit wounds is still one of my favourite television episodes. 

Oddly enough I preferred Torchwood too at first, it was my gateway to everything Doctor Who as I started watching Torchwood first because it was airing on local television, and then since I liked it so much I decided to check out Doctor Who as well. Then Doctor Who took over my life completely and now I adore it more than any other series/franchise, but still Torchwood will always have a special place in my heart :wub:

Honestly I cried so much at Exit Wounds, that episode broke my heart, the original team was the best. My favourite series though is Children of Earth. I think that miniseries is still the best piece of television that has been produced in years, even better quality than Doctor Who.

18 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

@Chris1970 @tenaciouspirit I’m hoping the rumours are true about them moving the experience to Manchester some day!

I hope they do reopen the Experience somewhere because I only managed to visit it once before it closed and it’s a shame :crying: I’d be great if they moved it to Manchester since I’ve never been there, I’d be a nice chance to visit a new city while I’m at it :D