Are there any disruptions this year? (Bike race.etc)

The amount of closures this year is getting ridiculous. I'm glad we're travelling on the Friday and Monday and will be getting a taxi to and from the airport. Our hotel is a 15 minute walk from the venue according to google maps which should be ok for me to do hopefully, not ideal but if worse comes to worse we'll grab a taxi and ask them to get us as close as possible to the venue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

May I suggest you should better call an UBER than an Taxi to get to your hotel, I dont know at which airport you will land but a taxi from any of the London airports to the convention area will cost you over 50 £ . And even an UBER could be around that, sometime a cab in London costs more than some people pay with Ryanair to get by plane to London.

3 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Ryan Air strike, hits people  to and from Spain Portugal and Belgium 25/7-26/7. If you plan to travel with Ryan Air..please check it.

Strike

Luckily Im flying with British Airways to get to London this year, was even cheaper than Ryanair :)

1 hour ago, timlux said:

Luckily Im flying with British Airways to get to London this year, was even cheaper than Ryanair :)

Same with me, also cheaper than RA, had SAS as secondary but their departure times was not good for me.

2 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

Ryan Air strike, hits people  to and from Spain Portugal and Belgium 25/7-26/7. If you plan to travel with Ryan Air..please check it.

Strike

I got scared to death for a minute, then realised I'm OK as I am travelling from Greece.

• Haha 1

Is the Stratford to Shepards Bush via Central underground line still ok please? (Saturday around midday and return Sunday afternoon?)

then will walk from Shepards bush, as the overground to Olympia is not running no?

Just now, Kristian said:

Is the Stratford to Shepards Bush via Central underground line still ok please? (Saturday around midday and return Sunday afternoon?)

then will walk from Shepards bush, as the overground to Olympia is not running no?

Last I saw that was fine, yes.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2018 at 9:18 AM, timlux said:

Just use the underground  to Hammersmith station these days, yes its like a mile to walk, you can get there with District and Piccadilly lines and the the Hammersmith & City and Circle lines , and if you need drinks for that walk, there is a big super market inside the station and if you need more drinks during walk , then you will also pass by a Tesco :P

Could I use the Central line then onthe Piccadiliy line from Stratford to Hammersmith under ground, they have no disruptions at the moment on these lines?

What with Kensington Olympia not being open on Friday and Sunday's part of Prudential Ride closing routes I'm getting rather stressed about travelling there every day.  Saturday appears to be OK, thank goodness, but Sunday I'm going to have to go around the houses a bit to get to Olympia from Shepherd's Bush.  Ugh. 

44 minutes ago, CosmicAvatar said:

What with Kensington Olympia not being open on Friday and Sunday's part of Prudential Ride closing routes I'm getting rather stressed about travelling there every day.  Saturday appears to be OK, thank goodness, but Sunday I'm going to have to go around the houses a bit to get to Olympia from Shepherd's Bush.  Ugh. 

Kensington Olympia is open on Friday, it's closed Saturday + Sunday Cosmic

Edited by Raylenth

Hi all,

Not sure if it's been mentioned (I may even have mentioned it) but there are ALSO planned strikes affecting south western trains on Thursday/ Saturday and Monday. I don't think there's been any confirmed routes affected as of yet, but it's worth keeping an eye on, for anyone going into/ out of London on these days

Edited by tenaciouspirit

1 hour ago, CosmicAvatar said:

I went by Shepherds Bush last year and it was ok, a nice stroll if you into that stuff. I will do that this year too as there are bike problems south of Olympia

37 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Kensington Olympia is open on Friday, it's closed Saturday + Sunday Cosmic

Oh, bother, really?  TfL won't let me to go to Kensington Olympia on Friday (the Underground Map says that part of the District Line is closed except for weekends) or Sunday, but it will let me go on Saturday.  I am so confused.  Had better aim for Shepherd's Bush all three days then...

Edited by CosmicAvatar
Ooops, naughty word. *cough*

5 minutes ago, CosmicAvatar said:

Oh, bother, really?  TfL won't let me to go to Kensington Olympia on Friday (the Underground Map says that part of the District Line is closed except for weekends) or Sunday, but it will let me go on Saturday.  I am so confused.  Had better aim for Shepherd's Bush all three days then...

Some rail work over the weekend I think I read somewhere all the way up to Willesden Junction passed K.O. 

7 minutes ago, CosmicAvatar said:

Unfortunately the branch line doesn't operate during the week, so you can get to Earls C OK, but the train to KO is Sat/Sun only.  Except this weekend when it's not working on Sunday!

OK, thanks, both, that ties in with what I've got.  The Southern line appears to be going to Milton Keynes from Clapham Junction as usual on Sat, and KO is one of the stops, so in theory it should be OK for that day.  If not, the next stop is Shepherd's Bush anyway so I can (I hope) jump off there.  Sunday I'm going to be all over the place.

18 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Unfortunately the branch line doesn't operate during the week, so you can get to Earls C OK, but the train to KO is Sat/Sun only.  Except this weekend when it's not working on Sunday!

Wait.. the district line from KO is not going on Sunday?

3 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

No.  Discovered that on Friday when I was double checking the route, it's not showing as closed on the advanced works tab but putting EC to KO on the journey planner gives you bus routes and the tube/walking via surrounding stations

8 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

It's not going TO KO on Sunday in the morning.  But in theory it should be OK to go FROM KO in the afternoon once the bike ride is over (roads are estimated to reopen at 14:45).  I've done a test for 3pm and the line is running then.