Are there any disruptions this year? (Bike race.etc)

Just use the underground  to Hammersmith station these days, yes its like a mile to walk, you can get there with District and Piccadilly lines and the the Hammersmith & City and Circle lines , and if you need drinks for that walk, there is a big super market inside the station and if you need more drinks during walk , then you will also pass by a Tesco :P

Bikes? Is that it... Ive just got a letter from my government, The Route I take across the desert will be blocked off, Apparently they have Discovered another Tomb in the sand, its part of a massive burial site so they have taped of a massive area.. it adds another day on my walk to LFCC as i have to walk around the site... :no:

4 hours ago, timlux said:

Just use the underground  to Hammersmith station these days, yes its like a mile to walk, you can get there with District and Piccadilly lines and the the Hammersmith & City and Circle lines , and if you need drinks for that walk, there is a big super market inside the station and if you need more drinks during walk , then you will also pass by a Tesco :P

I was planning to go to West Kensington which is half a mile away, about 10min walk

3 hours ago, benweblight said:

I was planning to go to West Kensington which is half a mile away, about 10min walk

TFL just sent out a road closures email - on Sunday Talgarth Road will be closed for the ride. Both Baron's Court and West Ken tube exits are on the south side of the road and Olympia is north. There's no info on if there will be crossing points but that entire stretch of the A4 will be closed :(

https://tfl.gov.uk/status-updates/major-works-and-events/ridelondon-sunday-29-july

Also the 9 and 10 bus routes that run down Hammersmith rd are affected but again it doesn't say how. I'd guess just a bit all over the place timewise as traffic will be bad.

If you're worried I recommend using the TFL route planner - you can ask it to filter based on things like preferred mode of transport and station access, and by now it should have all the alerts in place for the bike ride. Personally I think everyone's best bet on Sunday if Talgarth is uncrossable is Olympia Overground station, or Hammersmith Tube and bus/walk.

41 minutes ago, JennMel said:

TFL just sent out a road closures email - on Sunday Talgarth Road will be closed for the ride. Both Baron's Court and West Ken tube exits are on the south side of the road and Olympia is north. There's no info on if there will be crossing points but that entire stretch of the A4 will be closed :(

https://tfl.gov.uk/status-updates/major-works-and-events/ridelondon-sunday-29-july

Also the 9 and 10 bus routes that run down Hammersmith rd are affected but again it doesn't say how. I'd guess just a bit all over the place timewise as traffic will be bad.

If you're worried I recommend using the TFL route planner - you can ask it to filter based on things like preferred mode of transport and station access, and by now it should have all the alerts in place for the bike ride. Personally I think everyone's best bet on Sunday if Talgarth is uncrossable is Olympia Overground station, or Hammersmith Tube and bus/walk.

There is no overground Service to Olympia Saturday and Sunday , that’s the point.

Thanks for the heads up about the A4...This could be interesting.

Not sure if the TFL planner will factor in the road closures 

Edited by benweblight

Do they not even look at what events are taking place when they decide to do things like this ????  A bike ride causing massive road closures and a massive event at olympia with thousands of people attending sure let's close loads of stations!!!!! But seriously what's the closest station within walking distance as I'll have 2 small children with me and don't want them too tired before we've even gotten there !!!!!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, red8886 said:

Just seen Cromwell road is closed on Sunday. If there is no access by taxi on Sunday I honestly don't know how I'm going to get there now 

I'm now in the same situation. Was relying on a taxi due to being disabled, now I have no idea how I'm going to get there on the Sunday, walking isn't a possibility nor is using the tube :(

1 hour ago, red8886 said:

Just seen Cromwell road is closed on Sunday. If there is no access by taxi on Sunday I honestly don't know how I'm going to get there now 

18 minutes ago, CarkinsBug said:

I'm now in the same situation. Was relying on a taxi due to being disabled, now I have no idea how I'm going to get there on the Sunday, walking isn't a possibility nor is using the tube :(

Earl's Court Station is fully accessible, then District Line to Olympia?

Edited by robmoriarty

6 minutes ago, robmoriarty said:

Earl's Court Station is fully accessible, then District Line to Olympia?

We've rang a taxi company that says they're still able to get to the event, so I'm unsure, we're trying to avoid too many tubes and trains as we're using multiple forms of transport just to get to waterloo and I get travel sick and claustrophobic on the tube :(

Just now, CarkinsBug said:

We've rang a taxi company that says they're still able to get to the event, so I'm unsure, we're trying to avoid too many tubes and trains as we're using multiple forms of transport just to get to waterloo and I get travel sick and claustrophobic on the tube :(

Go with the taxi then my friend.

I'm no fan of the tube either, even after a year of using it regularly for my monthly trips down. Don't even get me started on that bloody map of theirs!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, robmoriarty said:

Go with the taxi then my friend.

I'm no fan of the tube either, even after a year of using it regularly for my monthly trips down. Don't even get me started on that bloody map of theirs!

You do make me chuckle lol thanks dude, I'm gonna book me a taxi and pray to the geek Gods that we make it lol nothing is keeping me from Duchovny! :D

9 minutes ago, CarkinsBug said:

You do make me chuckle lol thanks dude, I'm gonna book me a taxi and pray to the geek Gods that we make it lol nothing is keeping me from Duchovny! :D

Whereabouts are you staying. We are at the holiday in but thought we might be able to go to the millennium hotel on Gloucester Road and get a taxi from there.  Or was it just about the closures you were in the same boat as me :P

6 minutes ago, red8886 said:

Whereabouts are you staying. We are at the holiday in but thought we might be able to go to the millennium hotel on Gloucester Road and get a taxi from there.  Or was it just about the closures you were in the same boat as me :P

The road closures were making it difficult to find transport, not the easiest with a wheelchair in tow. On the Olympia website there's a few transport options worth considering :)

I’ve contacted Transport for London as my dad is in a wheelchair and my step mum can not walk long distances. They said that the bus 10 (it stops at Kings Cross) shouldn’t be affect too much. None of the roads that it stops on are going to be shut but it may be diverted to get to them so just make sure you get it with plenty of time before doors open. We were looking at the 7:37 as our train gets in at 7:21, meant to get to Olympia at just gone 8 (round 15-20 past) without the delays. 

• Like 1