Who are you meeting!?

R4wly97

46 minutes ago, Nerd Who said:

Or this year :P Why not? :P:P:P

We’ve already been blessed with so many great Doctor Who guests so I’m already more than happy, and I’ll be happy with any new additions to the lineup or not. But with almost 4 months before the convention we might still get more surprises for this year’s event, who “nose” ;)

It is really going to be an amazing weekend. ^_^

tenor.gif?itemid=3530380

• Haha 1

I finally booked my DP for Eccleston so I finally took a look at my purchases. Have a DP for Eccleston, Rheon and Capaldi. Booked a photo op with Pearl Mackie, Colin Baker and John Schneider. Planning to get myself an autograph of Rory McCann, Daniel Naprous, Staz Nair, Vladimir Furdik and Paul Kaye. And last but not least my 3day entrance ticket :P 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The_batflash123 said:

And last but not least my 3day entrance ticket :P 

According to this morning’s Facebook post on LFCC page, 40% of tickets have already been sold and they expect the show to sell out faster than last year, so this is more important than ever :o:P

Anyway, congrats on your Eccleston Diamond Pass! :D I also have DPs for him, Capaldi and Pearl so maybe I’ll see you in the queues ;)

4 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

With Katie Leung and David Bradley (meeting both) I hope more Harry Potter guests will be invited. ^_^

What about Doctor Who guests who are also Harry Potter guests, like David Bradley, so everyone's happy? ;):D Plenty of actors have appeared in both franchises, I could make a couple of suggestions :P

14 minutes ago, Nerd Who said:

What about Doctor Who guests who are also Harry Potter guests, like David Bradley, so everyone's happy? ;):D Plenty of actors have appeared in both franchises, I could make a couple of suggestions :P

I live in a place where Dr. Who is not a big franchise (never seen an episode) so I am not the best to suggest. David Bradley is HP and GoT to me, David Tennant is HP to me, Matt Smith is ”Pride And Prejudice And Zombies”, Peter Capaldi is in one of my fav movies ”Local Hero” and Sylvester McCoy is Radagast the Brown. ^_^ So.. I can not comment really on anything to do with doctors really, except what I have learnt about the actors other work on imdb. :P

Edited by Chris1970
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

I live in a place where Dr. Who is not a big franchise (never seen an episode) so I am not the best to suggest. David Bradley is HP and GoT to me, David Tennant is HP to me, Matt Smith is ”Pride And Prejudice And Zombies”, Peter Capaldi is in one of my fav movies ”Local Hero” and Sylvester McCoy is Radagast the Brown. ^_^ So.. I can not comment really on anything to do with doctors really, except what I have learnt about the actors other work on imdb. :P

Doctor Who wasn’t very popular here either when I first started watching it until a few years ago, but since Matt Smith’s era it sort of rapidly grew in popularity. Now it’s quite well known among sci-fi fans, and you can spot lots of Doctor Who cosplayer and even a few guests at local events. So maybe the show will continue spreading to other countries and maybe one day you could check it out as well, who knows ;) You’d be familiar with most of the actors already :P

All the people you’ve mentioned are terrific actors who have done many brilliant roles, so I guess there’ll be plenty of people who will want to meet them for all different reasons ^_^ But to me they always remain their Doctor Who characters because I’m so fond of that show - and a little bit obsessed too :lol:

37 minutes ago, Nerd Who said:

Doctor Who wasn’t very popular here either when I first started watching it until a few years ago, but since Matt Smith’s era it sort of rapidly grew in popularity. Now it’s quite well known among sci-fi fans, and you can spot lots of Doctor Who cosplayer and even a few guests at local events. So maybe the show will continue spreading to other countries and maybe one day you could check it out as well, who knows ;) You’d be familiar with most of the actors already :P

All the people you’ve mentioned are terrific actors who have done many brilliant roles, so I guess there’ll be plenty of people who will want to meet them for all different reasons ^_^ But to me they always remain their Doctor Who characters because I’m so fond of that show - and a little bit obsessed too :lol:

I think they tried here, but of what I know.. I dont think any channel shows it here now. Even Stargate was daytime TV..

The "problem" with me is that I actually try to avoid series on TV, mainly because I work such a weird hours (weekends, weekdays, public holidays, nights..) and I dont find time and patience to watch and follow. Game Of Thrones is perfect for me in that way, never more than 10 episodes (which I can catch up with whenever, even at work sometimes) each year. What I will do after season 8 I have no idea, stick to movies probably.

8 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

The "problem" with me is that I actually try to avoid series on TV, mainly because I work such a weird hours (weekends, weekdays, public holidays, nights..) and I dont find time and patience to watch and follow. Game Of Thrones is perfect for me in that way, never more than 10 episodes (which I can catch up with whenever, even at work sometimes) each year. What I will do after season 8 I have no idea, stick to movies probably.

I see, well I don't watch many TV shows anymore either, basically just Doctor Who (and Sherlock, when and if it happens <_<). Doctor Who is 12/13 episodes per year too, 10 from next series onwards, and you could start watching it at any point, but I understand where you're coming from. Funnily enough everyone's been suggesting me to watch GoT and I haven't yet for pretty much your same reasons, too many episodes to catch up with and too much commitment :P

1 minute ago, Nerd Who said:

I see, well I don't watch many TV shows anymore either, basically just Doctor Who (and Sherlock, when and if it happens <_<). Doctor Who is 12/13 episodes per year too, 10 from next series onwards, and you could start watching it at any point, but I understand where you're coming from. Funnily enough everyone's been suggesting me to watch GoT and I haven't yet for pretty much your same reasons, too many episodes to catch up with and too much commitment :P

Haha, like if you wanna catch up with Emmerdale, then you are up for a treat.

After GoT I am planning to start with Knightfall. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nerd Who said:

According to this morning’s Facebook post on LFCC page, 40% of tickets have already been sold and they expect the show to sell out faster than last year, so this is more important than ever :o:P

Anyway, congrats on your Eccleston Diamond Pass! :D I also have DPs for him, Capaldi and Pearl so maybe I’ll see you in the queues ;)

I don't think Pearl will sell out all her DP's so I'm just going for a queue number. I think I'm safe for her. That was the only thing that stopped me from getting her DP. :D

7 minutes ago, The_batflash123 said:

I don't think Pearl will sell out all her DP's so I'm just going for a queue number. I think I'm safe for her. That was the only thing that stopped me from getting her DP. :D

Also she’s attending two days so you’ll definitely be able to get her auto with a regular VQ ticket at some point ^_^ I chose to book her DP because I wanted to optimize time and have priority at her activities - and also because at this point I’m basically collecting all Doctor Who-related Diamond Passes :lol::P

33 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Maybe there should be a Doctor’s Diamond Pass, which would include all of them over the weekend, perhaps ”sidekicks” as well. B)

It's a good idea in theory but would be too complicated I think.  There will be fewer people that actually want all of them and it makes it more complicated the more type if passes you have.

1 hour ago, Chris1970 said:

Maybe there should be a Doctor’s Diamond Pass, which would include all of them over the weekend, perhaps ”sidekicks” as well. B)

33 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

It's a good idea in theory but would be too complicated I think.  There will be fewer people that actually want all of them and it makes it more complicated the more type if passes you have.

That is a thing that’s usually done at fandom-specific conventions like Sherlocked, with passes that include autos from all guests, various photo ops, meet&greets, and other perks, but I agree it would be too complicated for a LFCC-type of con with so many different guests and people attending for different fandoms.

If Showmasters decided to do a Doctor Who-only convention one day, that’d be another story... ;) And I’d book a ticket straight away! :D

Edited by Nerd Who

33 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Well, I understand. Just a simple thought for those new ones who wants a good start to their collection, perhaps ^_^

Edited by Chris1970

3 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Well, I understand. Just a simple thought for those new ones who wants a good start to their collection, perhaps ^_^

I know what you mean though, and it might be something they could consider if they have a few guests from 1 show, you ever know.  The only time they did something similar for lfcc that I recall (outside of Program specific events like Sherlock) was with the Sigourney Diamond and you got Newt included as well.

Though they have got a group price for the footballers at C25 so who knows.

20 minutes ago, Nerd Who said:

If Showmasters decided to do a Doctor Who-only convention one day, that’d be another story... ;) And I’d book a ticket straight away! :D

Massive Events had a Doctor Who con in 2012 in Birmingham called Lords of Time, Nerd. There's talk of a 2nd event in 2013, but no reference to it in the past events, so don't know exactly what happened to it. :(

https://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?/forum/269-lords-of-time/

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Massive Events had a Doctor Who con in 2012 in Birmingham called Lords of Time, Nerd. There's talk of a 2nd event in 2013, but no reference to it in the past events, so don't know exactly what happened to it. :(

It turned out to be a one off event for Massive Events. I honestly don't know the reason why the decision was made not to run another one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wjbleming said:

1 hour ago, Queen_Sindel said:

It turned out to be a one off event for Massive Events. I honestly don't know the reason why the decision was made not to run another one.

I remember about that con because David Tennant was one of the guests and I was very eager to meet him, but sadly I couldn’t attend because the location and dates were inconvenient for me at the time :crying: I’ve kept an eye out for a second event but I noticed it didn’t happen, maybe other events or guests’ schedules got in the way :(

It’s fine either way because there’s definitely no lack of Doctor Who guests at Showmasters events in general, and this event in particular. I think this year’s LFCC has the best Doctor Who lineup we’ve seen in Europe in years if not ever, so I couldn’t be happier and more grateful! :D

But maybe SM could consider doing another Doctor Who con in the future, especially if this LFCC does well, since the fandom and the show itself have changed so much since 2012 ;) And in that case I definitely wouldn’t miss out on a similar opportunity again! :lol:

So far I'm only committed to meeting:

Megan Fox

Peter Capaldi 

Mark Henry 

Only photoshoots booked and will chance autographs on day. I personally don't feel the Diamond Passes are the best value for money so happy to take the chance on if I can be successful in getting an autograph without one.

On my "maybe list" is:

Meat Loaf

Paul Taylor

Pearl Mackie

Rory McCann

Lucy Davis

On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 8:47 AM, wjbleming said:

Quite the short list at the moment (:lol:):

Grace Park

John Schneider

Mary McDonnell

Ray Fisher

Edward James Olmos

Katie Leung

Katie Sachof

Pearl Mackie

Stanislav Yanevski

James Callis

Jamie Bamber

Jewel Staite

Peter Capaldi

And there's 5 months to go!

On ‎29‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 7:22 AM, wjbleming said:

Adding Chris Eccleston's Diamond Pass! Probably getting Tony Robinson and Ian Somerhalder too.

Think that's all. Head like a sieve! lol

Adding Tony Robinson and Ian Somerhalder to the mix now! ^_^