New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

1 hour ago, EllaBlair said:

That's what I'm hoping! I will have a disabled wristband too which should help out a bit but it will still be a stressful day.

I had hoped that it would help too as I'll have the wristband cause I'll be in my wheelchair but I think this year you have to wait till your batch is called so a very little help. Will be very tiring wheeling between all the shoots to see if your number has been called yet.  

3 minutes ago, red8886 said:

I had hoped that it would help too as I'll have the wristband cause I'll be in my wheelchair but I think this year you have to wait till your batch is called so a very little help. Will be very tiring wheeling between all the shoots to see if your number has been called yet.  

For photo shoots you do not have to wait for your batch to be called, just make yourself known to a crew member at the entrance to the shoot and they will have you wait outside the queue. Disabled people go after diamond and golds unless you hold one of those passes too.

For autographs this year you do need to get a virtual queue ticket which I wish they hadn't changed. The early entrance doesn't give you much chance to get up the stairs as it will only be about 2 minutes. Trying to get to the big guests before everyone else rushes in will still be pretty impossible.

That's amazing I was really worried about that. I mean I'm not looking to queue jump but I wasn't sure how I was going to manage all the back and forth. I was actually considering a gold pass when seemed crazy for one day 

I saw that about autos. It's a real shame I imagine by the time I find the entrance get up in the lift and fight the crowds won't be able to get VT.  I also like to get registered for the extra help first in case of early photo shoots 

Just in the process of printing out the tickets, and I've noticed on each ticket under "Payment Status" it's saying "Eventbrite Partially Refunded". I'm presuming this is because I upgraded one of the tickets from photo op to Diamond Pass. Is this going to be a problem on the day? Likely me just being paranoid but wanted to check anyhow, sorry! :)

5 minutes ago, Broo said:

Just in the process of printing out the tickets, and I've noticed on each ticket under "Payment Status" it's saying "Eventbrite Partially Refunded". I'm presuming this is because I upgraded one of the tickets from photo op to Diamond Pass. Is this going to be a problem on the day? Likely me just being paranoid but wanted to check anyhow, sorry! :)

Yes. You'll have to buy them all again.

Lol. 

I'm assuming they were all part of one big order, so the whole order was partially refunded, which is the ticket you upgraded, but the rest of the order is all fine and dandy. 

5 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Yes. You'll have to buy them all again.

Lol. 

I'm assuming they were all part of one big order, so the whole order was partially refunded, which is the ticket you upgraded, but the rest of the order is all fine and dandy. 

Phew! Thank you for humouring me and responding, that was actually rather nice of you ;) x

16 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

Oh you’re not going Sunday I was hoping to see a fellow James Bond fan there :unsure:

I'm so sorry :unsure: next year for sure, I'm going all weekend then! :D I didn't know you were a big Bond fan aswell?

Hi folks,

I'm hoping you can help me with a couple of quick questions.  This is my very first Comic Con.  I am attending on the Saturday, and have my photoshoot with Peter Capaldi booked (Batch 6).  I literally am attending just for that (couldn't afford anything else!).  My questions are:

1. What time do you think I would be best to arrive at?  As I'm not intending to see anyone else, is it really worth me getting there before it opens (am travelling from the Wirral, so it'll take around 4 hours...if the trains are all on time!)?

2. If, for whatever reason, I am late for my photo, can I queue after future batches are called?  The info on the ticket seems to say I cannot ("if you miss your slot your photo cannot be taken at a later time", but also that I can ("although you can still join a later queue if your batch has been called").

Many thanks.

1 minute ago, bigboots said:

Hi folks,

I'm hoping you can help me with a couple of quick questions.  This is my very first Comic Con.  I am attending on the Saturday, and have my photoshoot with Peter Capaldi booked (Batch 6).  I literally am attending just for that (couldn't afford anything else!).  My questions are:

1. What time do you think I would be best to arrive at?  As I'm not intending to see anyone else, is it really worth me getting there before it opens (am travelling from the Wirral, so it'll take around 4 hours...if the trains are all on time!)?

2. If, for whatever reason, I am late for my photo, can I queue after future batches are called?  The info on the ticket seems to say I cannot ("if you miss your slot your photo cannot be taken at a later time", but also that I can ("although you can still join a later queue if your batch has been called").

Many thanks.

1. If you're looking to get peters autograph I'd advise to get there early to get a low Virtual Queue ticket for him. If you're not going for his auto, you can look to get to the Olympia about 20 to 30 minutes before his shoot so you can familiarise yourself with the layout and find where the photo booth his is taking place is located so you can get there shortly after the start time of his pm shoot. (I'd dummies you'd be more likely to get batch 6s being called in a possible pm shoot, though this isn't confirmed until the schedule is released)

2. Yeah, as I said above, you can try for his am shoot, but it'll say on the schedule when it's released how many batches they're hoping to get through in the period. If they don't get to batch 6 in an AM shoot, you'll therefore be in the PM shoot.

So the best option is to wait for the schedule, which should be released over the next few days, and see what his photoshoot time(s) Peter is scheduled in for. :smile:

8 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

1. If you're looking to get peters autograph I'd advise to get there early to get a low Virtual Queue ticket for him. If you're not going for his auto, you can look to get to the Olympia about 20 to 30 minutes before his shoot so you can familiarise yourself with the layout and find where the photo booth his is taking place is located so you can get there shortly after the start time of his pm shoot. (I'd dummies you'd be more likely to get batch 6s being called in a possible pm shoot, though this isn't confirmed until the schedule is released)

2. Yeah, as I said above, you can try for his am shoot, but it'll say on the schedule when it's released how many batches they're hoping to get through in the period. If they don't get to batch 6 in an AM shoot, you'll therefore be in the PM shoot.

So the best option is to wait for the schedule, which should be released over the next few days, and see what his photoshoot time(s) Peter is scheduled in for. :smile:

Thank you so much for this.  I've pre-ordered an autograph, so I don't need to get one on the day.

I was getting paranoid that if, say, I get there late for whatever reason and my batch has already been called, could I still queue with later batches.   Is that how it works?

I may be tempted for a Peter Weller autograph - Robocop was the film of my teenage years!!

5 minutes ago, bigboots said:

Thank you so much for this.  I've pre-ordered an autograph, so I don't need to get one on the day.

I was getting paranoid that if, say, I get there late for whatever reason and my batch has already been called, could I still queue with later batches.   Is that how it works?

I may be tempted for a Peter Weller autograph - Robocop was the film of my teenage years!!

Yes.

We have a handy FAQ for basic questions like this. ;) 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, bigboots said:

You can queue with a later batch as long as the photoshoot slot for that guest is still happening. If you show up and the guest has finished doing photoshoots for the day, there's nothing that can be done. 

6 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Yes.

We have a handy FAQ for basic questions like this. ;) 

Thank you.  I did see this, but then got paranoid/confused with the info on the ticket saying if you miss your slot it cannot be taken at a later time.  Thank you for putting my mind at ease!

5 minutes ago, etmuse said:

You can queue with a later batch as long as the photoshoot slot for that guest is still happening. If you show up and the guest has finished doing photoshoots for the day, there's nothing that can be done. 

Thanks for this!

7 hours ago, Kurdamoni said:

I'm so sorry :unsure: next year for sure, I'm going all weekend then! :D I didn't know you were a big Bond fan aswell?

That’s ok maybe another time :D Yeah I am Daniel Craig is my favourite!

9 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

That’s ok maybe another time :D Yeah I am Daniel Craig is my favourite!

Daniel Craig is amazing yes, combines all the characteristics a Bond should have, next year for sure! you're not attending Saturday? 

Hi, silly question but I have a diamond pass for Paul Wesley but my sister just has a general entry ticket, are there different entry points for different types of tickets or can we enter the same point?  I don't know if this makes any sense! 

Just now, Rose1981 said:

Hi, silly question but I have a diamond pass for Paul Wesley but my sister just has a general entry ticket, are there different entry points for different types of tickets or can we enter the same point?  I don't know if this makes any sense! 

Hi Rose, I have replied in your other thread, please give people a chance to answer you before multi posting :D

Hi everyone.  I know some of this has been answered before, but I can't find it.  So thanks for reading and answering in advance.

First, I saw some folks chatting about wearable fans.  I have never been to this venue.  Should I expect it to be hot?  (I.E. is there no A/C, or is the A/C under-powered?)

I am planning my route in to Olympia.  I know there is supposed to be some type of disruption with the overground.  But, I am not certain what days that is.  I am trying to navigate the TFL site, but I am not sure I am doing it right and hoping that someone can verify my thinking.

If I am correct in what I think, it seems that the overground to Kensington (Olympia) will run on Thursday (for pass pickup) and Friday for the show, but NOT Saturday and Sunday. It also seems that the tube stop at Kensignton (Olympia) only runs on Saturday and Sunday.  And, that the only line it is on is District.   Is this correct?