New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

6 minutes ago, lkjhgfdsabbie said:

Do you need to pick up entry tickets/photo ops/diamond passes at a Will-Call? Can you pick them up on the Thursday? 

You just print your tickets off at home or show them on your phone, your entry ticket will be scanned as you enter for the first time and your photoshoot as you enter the photo shoot area.

The only items you need to collect at the event are any Diamond Passes you have, Sabbie, which will be just inside the entrance if it is like last year (We don't have a floor plan just yet so it's not known if it's in the same place or not this year). :smile:

Edited by wjbleming

6 minutes ago, lkjhgfdsabbie said:

Do you need to pick up entry tickets/photo ops/diamond passes at a Will-Call? Can you pick them up on the Thursday? 

You don't need to pick up entry tickets or photo ops. The tickets are the pdf attached to the email that eventbrite send you when you buy them. Either print them off so they can be scanned or have them ready on your phone. I usually take printouts as backups in case of phone failure anyway.

HI, 

This is my first comic con and now it's coming up i'm starting to panic and i know i probably have no need to!!  I have a few questions, I'm doing the photo shoot with Daniel Gillies and Paul Wesley and i'm in Batch 2 on the Sunday.  What time should i aim to arrive for?  Also, what time will the talk be?  

I've read about bringing money, deodrant, water etc, but are there any other tips that might be helpful to a first timer?

Many thanks :)

7 minutes ago, T2ggergal said:

HI, 

This is my first comic con and now it's coming up i'm starting to panic and i know i probably have no need to!!  I have a few questions, I'm doing the photo shoot with Daniel Gillies and Paul Wesley and i'm in Batch 2 on the Sunday.  What time should i aim to arrive for?  Also, what time will the talk be?  

I've read about bringing money, deodrant, water etc, but are there any other tips that might be helpful to a first timer?

I suggest you go at the time the photoshoots starts, or maybe 10 minutes in advance. the talk will be announced when the schedule is released. Roughly a week before the event. 

we will know the timeframes when the schedule is up. 

10 minutes ago, T2ggergal said:

I think there's a thread somewhere that contains advice for new attendees.

18 minutes ago, T2ggergal said:

HI, 

10 minutes ago, Kurdamoni said:

I suggest you go at the time the photoshoots starts, or maybe 10 minutes in advance. the talk will be announced when the schedule is released. Roughly a week before the event. 

we will know the timeframes when the schedule is up. 

Don't stress T2, with only 2 guests you have a very light schedule.  I would actually suggest arriving at Paul's shoot 10/15 minutes after it starts - He's a diamond guest so you will have all the Sunday Diamonds going first, then the Gold pass holders and Batch 1's before you.

Daniel probably 5/10 minutes after the start as you will have Golds and Batch 1 in front.

• Like 1

Just now, T2ggergal said:

Thanks!  SO the schedule will be released a week before then?  OK, i'll go from there and work out my plan!!  Thank you :)

Just about a week yes, so we all go planning in panic :P  you're welcome 

Yeah i suppose with only 2 things booked it should be more relaxed for me??  The autographs i can sort on the day can't i?

2 things is easy yes, for autographs you just go to the booth where the actress or actor is and pay for one cash. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, T2ggergal said:

Yeah i suppose with only 2 things booked it should be more relaxed for me??  The autographs i can sort on the day can't i?

Well depends who, anyone over about £25 will be a VQ, so you'll need to grab those and maybe queue early.

I think it'll just be Daniel and Paul, and i think they're both over £25.  Getting a VQ will be quite straight forward and easy to find won't it?

A crew member will be standing at their queue to hand them out yes. Just make sure you get their fast (without running) so to make sure you don't have number 352 sort of speak

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, T2ggergal said:

I think it'll just be Daniel and Paul, and i think they're both over £25.  Getting a VQ will be quite straight forward and easy to find won't it?

They will release a floor plan (they usually do anyway) nearer the time and you will be able to see where the guests will be located, but not where the guests will be individually, so yes, when you get in go straight to the guest area, find there desks and get a VQ ticket from the crew manning their queue's.  Then just keep checking back and you can join the queue once your number is on the board.  Remember though that the VQ ticket is just a place in the queue it is not a guarantee of an auto.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mayhem said:

If you are getting the photos done early enough batch wise, you could always grab the VQs, get the photos done, and then have the guests sign the photos you had taken.

Done that a few times! Makes it extra special. A great idea!

2 hours ago, T2ggergal said:

HI, 

If the talk/photo shoot is early in the morning, you may need to arrive at the venue some time before, because there will be a massive queue to get in. If you arrive 1hr or 1/2hr before entry time (9am) you should be OK, as you will have had your ticket and bag checked before the doors open so when they do open you go right in and it's very quick. But if you arrive shortly after 9 you may have to wait in a queue. Maybe someone here has more experience and can be more specific about time-to-get-in? I remember last year, on the Saturday, I arrived around 9:45 and there was a massive queue; I freaked out that it would take ages to get in but I went to the front of the queue and they let me in because I had the 3-day-pass bracelet, however I don't know if that was regular or not and I still think I was just incredibly lucky.

Of course if you plan to queue up early in order to get a low number VT everything will be fine.

• Like 1

There's no point stressing about stuff at the moment, wait until the schedule is out and you know what time you need to be there, generally most people arrive around an hour before opening and entry is quite quick.

• Like 1

If you have a bracelet because you are attending all Weekend yes, the entry will be really quick after you got your bracelet.

Paul will very likely have a split photoshoot anyway, with a second shoot being in the afternoon. As you can go any time after your Batch was called there won't be any issues there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, T2ggergal said:

Thank you for all your replies, feeling a bit calmer about it now!! 

And if any question or concern pops up during the event just catch a blue/red shirt with your question(s) and they will help you out. You will get a hang of everything pretty quick. And enjoy the weekend, it is a fantastic event.