New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

1 minute ago, Chris1970 said:

QS mention something about one coming here later. With all the info we need to make it a great weekend.

Yeah, there's just a few things she needs to confirm and finalise first before posting it. :-)

4 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

QS mention something about one coming here later. With all the info we need to make it a great weekend.

2 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Yeah, there's just a few things she needs to confirm and finalise first before posting it. :-)

Ok thanks guys :D

6 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Yes I think so my special box set and my print and then I’ve got my pre order :D

Right, you got that as well. So, in total 3. That is very nice. ^_^

Edited by Chris1970
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, barrowman_angel said:

never been to this venue for a comic con before last time i did LFCC was 2014 i take it there are a few loos dotted around the venue? i will need to change cosplay at some point during the day 

Yeah, there is. There's a few signs dotted around showing you where to go. :smile:

Both me and my sister have got diamond passes so when we go for our photograph and autograph ops would it be alright if she waited for me in the same area/let us both go in together because I can’t leave her on her own? I know they said with the photo ops you have to clear the area as soon as you have had your photo taken?

43 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Both me and my sister have got diamond passes so when we go for our photograph and autograph ops would it be alright if she waited for me in the same area/let us both go in together because I can’t leave her on her own? I know they said with the photo ops you have to clear the area as soon as you have had your photo taken?

For the auto's you can go together but you would have to wait until whoever has the highest number has been called to both go up - lower number can go through later with a higher number but a higher number can't go through earlier with a lower number.  That said it depends on how old your sister is.  In circumstances where she's too young to go on her own and has a Diamond anyway as do you, if you speak to the crew they may allow her through earlier depending on how full the queue is at the time.  With photo's they don't call them in number order, they will just call all Diamonds so you can both stay together.  Again, speak to the crew but they will understand as they will have had a lot of children through the booths over the weekend so will be used to it.

For both auto's and photo's you have to clear out straight away because they can't let people linger as it blocks the area up, but it's not like they grab you by your collar and frog march you out.  For photo's it's like a U, you go up the side, at the end have your pic, then come around and down the other side.  There is a big table in the middle of the room where you leave your bags when going in and collect on the way out and that's where they print the pictures.  So it's probably best if you go first, then you can wait a moment by the desk for her to join you, get your stuff and go.  If people try to make you move on (as they may not realise with all the people around that you are waiting for your young sister) just tell them that.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, R4wly97 said:

@Raylenth Thanks with the autos situation because I bought the DPs at the same time won’t the pass numbers be one after the other anyway so we can go in together?

Yes

Don't forget, I'm old and don't remember good.

Edited by Raylenth

20 hours ago, barrowman_angel said:

never been to this venue for a comic con before last time i did LFCC was 2014 i take it there are a few loos dotted around the venue? i will need to change cosplay at some point during the day 

Have a read here Angel especially the Cosplay Facilities bit  http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/index.php/zones/cosplay-zone

I'm going to sound like a newbie here, but just to make sure; Can I collect the Diamond passes of my friend when I have a copy of their identity card and some kind of permission? because that would save her huge amounts of time as she is only coming Saturday...

16 minutes ago, Kurdamoni said:

I'm going to sound like a newbie here, but just to make sure; Can I collect the Diamond passes of my friend when I have a copy of their identity card and some kind of permission? because that would save her huge amounts of time as she is only coming Saturday...

There's no official ruling on this I don't think Kurda, get her to email the office with her order no and ask them to note she would like you to collect it and see what they say.

10 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

There's no official ruling on this I don't think Kurda, get her to email the office with her order no and ask them to note she would like you to collect it and see what they say.

Will do! Thanks Raylenth :P 

I might as well just ask it:

Suppose, in another life, I'm a critic.

Suppose I gave one of the guests a bad review.  Possibly hilariously bad.  But it was, like, a decade ago.  

D'you think I could get said guest to autograph said review?  Or would that be Bad Form? 

1 hour ago, Pir8Jenny said:

I might as well just ask it:

Suppose, in another life, I'm a critic.

Suppose I gave one of the guests a bad review.  Possibly hilariously bad.  But it was, like, a decade ago.  

D'you think I could get said guest to autograph said review?  Or would that be Bad Form? 

I would say that depends a lot on the guest. It's not generally bad form, some may find it hilarious. But other guests may feel offended.