Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Raylenth

New Attendees advice thread

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I would win, fair and square :whistling:

We've been over that, we all know you cheated! That handbag was full of bricks! :poki: (In saying that, Wrong Name was caught using his mobile last year! ;):lol:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

We've been over that, we all know you cheated! That handbag was full of bricks! :poki: (In saying that, Wrong Name was caught using his mobile last year! ;):lol:)

Image result for shock gif

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kirstie stark said:

Are there any events in the evenings.

As well as the quiz there's the annual party in my pants to which everybody is invited (but nobody has shown up to yet).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, natedammit said:

everybody is invited (but nobody has shown up to yet).

Any wonder... :whistling:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, natedammit said:

As well as the quiz there's the annual party in my pants to which everybody is invited (but nobody has shown up to yet).

I'll give that one a miss!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Kirstie stark said:

I'll give that one a miss!

One of the best decisions you can make. Believe me. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

One of the best decisions you can make. Believe me. ;)

And how would you know, eh? Unless, perhaps, you've been to one of my pants parties but made me promise to keep it a secret?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, natedammit said:

And how would you know, eh? Unless, perhaps, you've been to one of my pants parties but made me promise to keep it a secret?

I've witnessed many a thing, sir. Not participated in, but witnessed a lot. And that is one thing I'm not happy to witness again. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He can't say, but the things he's seen!

Image result for horror face gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

@wjbleming What have you witnessed?  :blink:

Don't ask. Just-- *shudders* don't ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

Its my first time at a con. We’re going as a family, my Dad is disabled so I’ve filled in the Extra Help form to get my Step Mum the Carer Wristband but haven’t heard anything yet. It’s been said on here that extra help people can get in slightly early with gold/diamond passes to collect the carer band, will my brother and I be able to go in early with my Dad & Step Mum too or will we have to get in the standard queue (we have general entry)? 

I’ve got my photos booked with Peter Capaldi in batch 3 and Pearl Mackie in batch 1 so will they be in the morning? Also my Dad has photos with the BSG cast booked in batches 1,2&3 so will these be morning too? I know the timetable isn’t out till just before but we were curious so we could try and plan the day. So excited!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Chloe.  You have it a little confused, you can't in early with a Diamond pass, irrespective of if you have an Access pass to go with it.  The only ticket that gets you specified earlier entry is the Gold pass.  With a Access pass your father and step mother will need to go to the disabled access entrance with the required paperwork to collect the access/carers passes and they will be directed where to queue (Last year it was next to the regular entry queue).  IIRC last year those with access passes where let in first before everyone else but that's not guaranteed, though I assume personally they will do the same again.  Depending on the age of yourself and your brother, though I assume you aren't children, you will have to queue in the regular ticket holders line and join them inside somewhere.

We don't have the schedule yet so can't speculate on when the photo sessions will be happening, they will be published about a week before the event, though there can be updates so even when it's published check it again the day/night before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Hi Chloe.  You have it a little confused, you can't in early with a Diamond pass, irrespective of if you have an Access pass to go with it.  The only ticket that gets you specified earlier entry is the Gold pass.  With a Access pass your father and step mother will need to go to the disabled access entrance with the required paperwork to collect the access/carers passes and they will be directed where to queue (Last year it was next to the regular entry queue).  IIRC last year those with access passes where let in first before everyone else but that's not guaranteed, though I assume personally they will do the same again.  Depending on the age of yourself and your brother, though I assume you aren't children, you will have to queue in the regular ticket holders line and join them inside somewhere.

We don't have the schedule yet so can't speculate on when the photo sessions will be happening, they will be published about a week before the event, though there can be updates so even when it's published check it again the day/night before.

Ah ok that’s fine! We just wanted to make sure we know what to do and where to go without too much hassle. We’ll just make them wait for us if they do the same as last year. 

Thank you!! 

Edited by ChloeLouise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Raylenth said:

We don't have the schedule yet so can't speculate on when the photo sessions will be happening, they will be published about a week before the event, though there can be updates so even when it's published check it again the day/night before.

Oh we can speculate alright, we can speculate good. I, for example, speculate that Peter will have split shoots (one AM and one PM). With batch 3 - although it will be diamond first then gold, then batches - I speculate that would still be called towards the end of the first session. Of course, you can wait until the second session if that fits in with the rest of day better. 

At the moment Pearl is up to batch 3 on the Saturday (I couldn't be bothered to check Sunday) so I would speculate she would only have one shoot. This could be at any time of the day. She has diamonds as well and has plenty of time to sell more, so she may well end up with two shoots, but as batch 1 you could go to either.

I would pretty confidently speculate that the BSG peeps would only have one shoot each, which could be at any point during the day.

A lot of people see that they have a low numbered batch and assume that must mean early in the day, but this is not necessarily the case - it just means you will be one of the first allowed into the queue during that guests allotted time slot on the schedule.

Speculation over.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there any restrictions on bags that you take into the Olympia like the size of bags and how many you are allowed to have with you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Are there any restrictions on bags that you take into the Olympia like the size of bags and how many you are allowed to have with you?

I don't think there was last year if memory serves. Bag searches were done. That's all I recall, but if there is any restrictions, we'll hear closer to LFCC, R4. :smile:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

I don't think there was last year if memory serves. Bag searches were done. That's all I recall, but if there is any restrictions, we'll hear closer to LFCC, R4. :smile:

Your thinking is correct,

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...