New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

2 hours ago, nicky said:

I've not dared step foot into LFCC ever since 2014 when Stan Lee attended and it was rammed wall-to-wall with people. Have things got better since then or is it still still rammed?

Sorry if this has been asked already.

2 hours ago, barrowman_angel said:

i would also like to know this i've not been back since my first time in 2014 we was queuing just to get round the stalls never seen a convention so busy 

The signing area and photo area has a lot of people, but you have been able to move around. There might be some bottlenecks in the signing area. As most people are in the signing/photo area the rest of the con is no as packed with people. But there are people yes ^_^

I’ll just add to what others have said (and in some cases try to be clearer!). 2014 was, as has been said, at a different venue. SM have learnt a lot since then about entry queues and have had a couple of years in Olympia now to work out the best layout. Of course with just the sheer amount of people there will be spaces that get busy but SM are pretty good at trying to sort these issues ASAP or at least for the next day. I would say that nowadays is a whole different ball game to 2014 - The Stan Lee year.

19 hours ago, robmoriarty said:

There was similar initial confusion last year, but with the autograph queue. Eventually it was clarified, but that has now changed for this year as mentioned above.

As far as I have been made aware if you have EH in the photo area, turn up when you can and they'll slip you as near to the front of the queue as practicably as possible. Obviously if you turn up early and double check it will help the crew immensely on the day. If confusion persists, have a word at the extra help desk and they will clear things up pretty quickly.

So to clarify, if I qualify for an EH band and I have a photo for Batch 8, but if I turned up in the AM would that be permitted or would I have to wait for the PM shoot? 

Just trying to get my head around it all as a LFCC noob. :>

7 minutes ago, timelordthete said:

So to clarify, if I qualify for an EH band and I have a photo for Batch 8, but if I turned up in the AM would that be permitted or would I have to wait for the PM shoot? 

Just trying to get my head around it all as a LFCC noob. :>

Last year I went for an am shoot with an EH wristband and a late batch (Alyson Hannigan I believe) and I was allowed. I had to wait for the diamonds to go first but there was no problems. I imagine its the same.

Hi all.

Attending for the very first time tomorrow, and I have just ordered a Peter Weller photoshoot (Batch 7) which is scheduled for 16:30-17:00.  I have a Peter Capaldi photoshoot (Batch 6) scheduled for 16:05-17:05.  Do you think I'll be done with Capaldi in time for me to make the one with Weller?  I'm assuming I will be, but I just wanted some advice/thoughts from experienced attendees.

Also, it's going to be around 11:30am at the earliest before I get there tomorrow - do you think that will be far too late to have any chance of getting a Peter Weller autograph?  I've no idea if he will have a VQ, and/or how quick those tickets go etc.

Many thanks.

37 minutes ago, bigboots said:

Hi all.

Attending for the very first time tomorrow, and I have just ordered a Peter Weller photoshoot (Batch 7) which is scheduled for 16:30-17:00.  I have a Peter Capaldi photoshoot (Batch 6) scheduled for 16:05-17:05.  Do you think I'll be done with Capaldi in time for me to make the one with Weller?  I'm assuming I will be, but I just wanted some advice/thoughts from experienced attendees.

Also, it's going to be around 11:30am at the earliest before I get there tomorrow - do you think that will be far too late to have any chance of getting a Peter Weller autograph?  I've no idea if he will have a VQ, and/or how quick those tickets go etc.

Many thanks.

He will have a VQ and 11.30 might not be too late. Sunday should be slightly busier than today and I arrived at 12.30 today and got every VQ guest I needed (David Bradley, Rose McIvor, James Caan and Lance Hendrickson). It’s all dependant on popularity on the day and good queue management by the blue shirts, how fast a signer he is and good time management by yourself. Since he’s all you want I think you’ll be ok. As for the photo shoot ask the staff, they’ll advise you on which one to do first and will help if they possibly can.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

He will have a VQ and 11.30 might not be too late. Sunday should be slightly busier than today and I arrived at 12.30 today and got every VQ guest I needed (David Bradley, Rose McIvor, James Caan and Lance Hendrickson). It’s all dependant on popularity on the day and good queue management by the blue shirts, how fast a signer he is and good time management by yourself. Since he’s all you want I think you’ll be ok. As for the photo shoot ask the staff, they’ll advise you on which one to do first and will help if they possibly can.

That's great, thank you very much indeed.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, DoctorWhoFan1963 said:

Hello I was wondering, how does the photoshoot process actually work? I have a Batch 1 photoshoot with Paul McGann tomorrow, I was wondering how the batches come into play?

Thanks!

Please have a look at our event FAQ this is covered extensively here.

https://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?/topic/96245-answers-to-faq/

23 minutes ago, DoctorWhoFan1963 said:

Thanks, however if I were to buy a photo with Peter Capaldi or Matt Smith and not get it tomorrow, will I be refunded?

If the photosession is cancelled or something like this you will of course get a refund for the photosession, that is stated in the store.

As long as you are there before the end of the session you WILL GET your photo.

6 minutes ago, Loulou894 said:

i can see the schedule for photo ops with paul wesley, i have diamond pass, i cant seem to find what time autographs will be, where will i find this info? 

think i am just going to be crying somewhere in the middle of olympia

He will be signing whenever he's not at a shoot, talk, lunch or pooping.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1