New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

3 hours ago, Dave[BE] said:

Thanks for pointing out the batch number. Didn't notice it on my ticket. I'm batch 1 too. So, it will be announced when batch 1 is "needed" at the photo shoot?

There’s no Diamond, and as batch 1, the only people who would be in front would be Gold pass holders who bought the photo shoot. So I imagine expect to be processed at 4pm or shortly thereafter. 

@Em_Power if it's reassuring at all, last year I had a photo op that started at 9.30 on the Saturday and we made it inside with enough time to explore the photo ops area to get our bearings first :) we started queueing outside at about 8.10 and honestly once the doors open to let us all in, the queue moves quickly :)

2 minutes ago, Broo said:

@Em_Power if it's reassuring at all, last year I had a photo op that started at 9.30 on the Saturday and we made it inside with enough time to explore the photo ops area to get our bearings first :) we started queueing outside at about 8.10 and honestly once the doors open to let us all in, the queue moves quickly :)

True. I was there about an hour before it opened on Saturday and I was inside ..something like 8-10 minutes after. The queues might look long and you might think it will take forever..but once started it moves on. Be there 8 or just before and you will be fine.

Double posting as I should have put it here really

I just wanted to put this here for anyone with a general entry ticket who's planning on arriving after 9am on Saturday and Sunday, - there's no problems but I've just seen in the shop that Showmasters did put some PM entry tickets up for Saturday and Sunday so there is a chance that anyone with these tickets arriving early may be queuing for entry at 12 when you arrive.  So if you are arriving after about 9.30, the regular general entry queue should all be inside, if you see a queue outside/in the Hall do not automatically join it as they are probably PM people.  Check with them or go to the front and speak to the crew.

4 hours ago, Broo said:

That was very reassuring :) hopefully we wont have any major issues with making it in time.

4 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

True. I was there about an hour before it opened on Saturday and I was inside ..something like 8-10 minutes after. The queues might look long and you might think it will take forever..but once started it moves on. Be there 8 or just before and you will be fine.

We were going to get there even earlier but judging by this and other comments we may be able to have a lie in and get up at 6! :wacko:

Thanks so much guys!

Another pleb question. I have the Daniel Gillies/Paul Wesley photo shoot, does that mean 1 photo with them both, or 1 photo with each please? Also, If I buy an Auto online, from Eventbrite,   does that mean it's postal only from Jason? I guess I'm trying to find out if there's anyway I can guarantee an auto at the LFcc if that makes any sense.

Edited by Snorby

10 minutes ago, Snorby said:

Another pleb question. I have the Daniel Gillies/Paul Wesley photo shoot, does that mean 1 photo with them both, or 1 photo with each please? Also, If I buy an Auto online, from Eventbrite,   does that mean it's postal only from Jason? I guess I'm trying to find out if there's anyway I can guarantee an auto at the LFcc if that makes any sense.

You have either bought solo shoots or a duo shot? I assume you have bought the duo shot in with case they will both be in it and you will stand in between them.

You can't buy auto's on line you pay in person in the queue.  The only way to guarantee auto's is to buy the Diamond package, without that you get a VQ and hope your number gets called up https://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/index.php/2014-09-29-15-24-14/autographs  please read this to see how VQ's work

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been asked already (Or if I've misread it somewhere) 

I've seen on LFCC Facebook page that Optimus Prime, Bumble bee, the Bat tumbler & The General Lee will be at the con. I know you can pay to have your photo taken with The General Lee my question is can you take photos of the other cars?  (stood next to or a selfie) do you need to purchase a ticket for this?? 

Forgive me if this has been asked it's my first ever con so no idea what to expect  

4 minutes ago, cazzawalker said:

Not sure if this has been asked already (Or if I've misread it somewhere) 

I've seen on LFCC Facebook page that Optimus Prime, Bumble bee, the Bat tumbler & The General Lee will be at the con. I know you can pay to have your photo taken with The General Lee my question is can you take photos of the other cars?  (stood next to or a selfie) do you need to purchase a ticket for this?? 

Forgive me if this has been asked it's my first ever con so no idea what to expect  

Bumblebee is a paid shoot like the Lee one, but the others will just be displayed on the main floors Cazza so you can have a photo of them if you wish, you don't pay

Edited by Raylenth

So instead of making a new thread thought it best to ask here I have kamui and yaya Han photos are they like the other guest photo ? As it’s gonna be that hot I’ve opted to not cosplay hats off to everyone that does :) Just slightly on edge for some reason about it XD thank you in advance :D 

5 minutes ago, Debjovi said:

Being really thick I can't workout how to pre order Aidan Turner autograph or how much where to buy etc. Help

Autographs are done on the day either cash at the table or you pay by card at the sales desk near the entrance from what I’ve gathered and they give you “tickets” to exchange at the autograph table and in regards of water again I believe yes it’s fine just not in glass bottles :D 

7 hours ago, Debjovi said:

Being really thick I can't workout how to pre order Aidan Turner autograph or how much where to buy etc. Help

7 hours ago, Dark Arxnine said:

Autographs are done on the day either cash at the table or you pay by card at the sales desk near the entrance from what I’ve gathered and they give you “tickets” to exchange at the autograph table and in regards of water again I believe yes it’s fine just not in glass bottles :D 

Dark Arxnine is correct, you get them on the day and for the more popular guests, they'll be on the Virtual Queue tickets (the "tickets" Dark is referring to). These are raffle style numbered tickets that you collect from the end of a guest's queue. Once your VQ number is on a board at the end of the guest's queue, you can then join the queue. :smile:

15 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Dark Arxnine is correct, you get them on the day and for the more popular guests, they'll be on the Virtual Queue tickets (the "tickets" Dark is referring to). These are raffle style numbered tickets that you collect from the end of a guest's queue. Once your VQ number is on a board at the end of the guest's queue, you can then join the queue. :smile:

I assumed Dark was referring to the auto vouchers :lol:

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

I assumed Dark was referring to the auto vouchers :lol:

Honestly ray I don’t even remember typing that out XD don’t suppose you know anything about the cosplay photo with kamui and yaya do you is it like the other guests photo?

Well...............that's messed up royally.  If any mods can delete the above post it would be appreciated as it won't let me get rid of it.  Many thanks

Edited by Raylenth

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Look here they are listed for Sat and Sun, Saturday isn't in alphabetical order so scan closely at the end and you should find them both, click on the names  and you will get the infohttp://celebpics.fics-n-pics.me.uk/lfccscheduler2018.html

I used it last night :) absolutely brilliant tool she’s done a excellent job of it as well :) very handy for a noob like myself :D 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Bumblebee is a paid shoot like the Lee one, but the others will just be displayed on the main floors Cazza so you can have a photo of them if you wish, you don't pay

Many thanks Raylenth! :rolleyes: Do I need to pre-book a ticket to have a photo with Bumblebee? Ive looked on LFCC website but cant seem to find it <_< I know there was a photo op with Megan Fox and Bumblebee but now Megan has cancelled. Or is this something you can pay for on the day? Also do you know roughly how much it is?

Sorry for all the questions! :unsure:

3 minutes ago, cazzawalker said:

Many thanks Raylenth! :rolleyes: Do I need to pre-book a ticket to have a photo with Bumblebee? Ive looked on LFCC website but cant seem to find it <_< I know there was a photo op with Megan Fox and Bumblebee but now Megan has cancelled. Or is this something you can pay for on the day? Also do you know roughly how much it is?

Sorry for all the questions! :unsure:

You pay on the day for photos with cars/ prop sets, and they are £10 per photo

And ask as many questions as you want :thumbup:

Edited by The Friendly Dalek
  • Thanks 1