New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

So now my photo shot and autograph with Ian somerhalder won't be happening im thinking of booking the meatloaf talk.i still want to go to the vampire diaries talk though.i presume they won't be on at the same time?xx

8 minutes ago, Lisa271 said:

So now my photo shot and autograph with Ian somerhalder won't be happening im thinking of booking the meatloaf talk.i still want to go to the vampire diaries talk though.i presume they won't be on at the same time?xx

There'll be a main stage and a smaller stage for talks. The VD (lol) talk will definitely be on the main stage, but I'd say there's a chance Meat's talk could be on either. We won't know until the schedule is released shortly before the show, but if they're both paid talks they do try not to schedule them against each other.

I think also previously they have offered refunds if paid talks are directly conflicting with each other.

10 minutes ago, Lisa271 said:

Theoretically it is possible if they have 2 stages again.  There are a couple of choices, wait until the schedule is out so you can see if they are on at the same time but that does risk them selling out, or buy the tickets, then if they are on at the same time go and speak to the sales desk on the day and see if you can get one of them refunded.  They do try and help people out refund wise if there is a major clash with paid activities with no way to resolve them (I.e, you can't physically attend 2 talks on at the same time)

If there is a clash you will be able to get a refund on one of the talks from the shop. I once had a talk at the same time as a photoshoot and got a refund on the talk. The only problem will be you having to make a tough decision which of the 2 talks to not attend.

Me again! 

Is there anywhere that lists what exactly you can and cannot take into the con?

Basically why I'm asking is because I was hoping to take in a bottle of Whiskey to give to Tom Welling as a fan gift but my husband brought up that he doubt they'd let me in with it (and I can completely see why, I was clouded by my fangirl judgement haha) 

So now I just want to know ahead of time what's allowed before I come up with anymore not so bright ideas. 

Thanks ahead of time as before (: 

9 minutes ago, KatStev said:

Me again! 

Is there anywhere that lists what exactly you can and cannot take into the con?

Basically why I'm asking is because I was hoping to take in a bottle of Whiskey to give to Tom Welling as a fan gift but my husband brought up that he doubt they'd let me in with it (and I can completely see why, I was clouded by my fangirl judgement haha) 

So now I just want to know ahead of time what's allowed before I come up with anymore not so bright ideas. 

Thanks ahead of time as before (: 

There isn't a list as such outside of the cosplay rules, but glass bottles won't be allowed for sure - could be used as a weapon.  Also when it comes to gifting guests small and light is best.  The fact is that most gifts are going to end up in the bin, particularly for overseas guests as they won't have the luggage space to take everything back.  Letter/cards or small items are good.

Homemade food is a no no.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Raylenth said:

There isn't a list as such outside of the cosplay rules, but glass bottles won't be allowed for sure - could be used as a weapon.  Also when it comes to gifting guests small and light is best.  The fact is that most gifts are going to end up in the bin, particularly for overseas guests as they won't have the luggage space to take everything back.  Letter/cards or small items are good.

Homemade food is a no no.

I never thought about the weapon or weight issue so that makes total sense. Thank you so much. 

(Homemade food is definitely a no no! We will be traveling up from Portsmouth and besides, my husband prefers takeout for a reason hahaha!) 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, KatStev said:

I never thought about the weapon or weight issue so that makes total sense. Thank you so much. 

(Homemade food is definitely a no no! We will be traveling up from Portsmouth and besides, my husband prefers takeout for a reason hahaha!) 

If bottles were allowed there is a chance the guest could decide to drink it that night but then they might be a no show the next day :D

• Haha 2