New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

57 minutes ago, whitewillow said:

I've brought a half-filled bottle and had no problem. Of course it was in my bag so not visible, but I didn't notice any signs or any crew saying anything about water bottle restrictions.

What I do, because I'm going to need a lot of water and I don't want to carry a f-ton of bottles, is I bring 1 bottle with me and when that runs out I buy more. It would probably be cheaper to bring all the water I need from the start, but I don't want to have to carry that much weight around, so it's a reasonable trade-off for me.

To save money you could just take one bottle and fill it up out of the toilet a few times. That's what I do.

1 minute ago, natedammit said:

To save money you could just take one bottle and fill it up out of the toilet a few times. That's what I do.

Ignore the bear, he uses the bowl. ;)

Edited by wjbleming

Never had any problems with it being warm, love the heat. (Perhaps it got to do with I have lived in a rather hot place for a long time before I moved back). I make sure I drink alot before I come, alot of liquid from fresh fruits, mainly citrus. Experience have taught me to wear clothes made of Linen/Cotton. Last year I skipped any kind of bag/backpack, best choice I have done, compact carrying is my melody. Using my ”Convention folder”, nifty litte thing I got from work. This year my wife is coming with me and then I got an extra pair of hands. :P 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

How many autographs and photo ops can you get with a guest if you’ve got a diamond pass?

The diamond pass usually includes one autograph and one photo, see details for each pass in the shop. You can usually buy up to 5 extra autographs (or 5 in total?) when your getting your diamond autograph, unless it says something else in the details about the diamond pass (Meat Loaf has gauranteed one extra). If you want more photos these have to be purchased as regular photo shoot tickets in the shop. I think if you buy additional photos these can be taken at the same time as the diamond pass photo, if diamond pass photo day and regular photo shoot tickets are for the same day.

Edited by VikingGrrrl

33 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

How many autographs and photo ops can you get with a guest if you’ve got a diamond pass?

Same as without one R4wly B)

You get the amount included in your pass which is usually 1 auto and 1 photo but you can buy as many more photo's as you want and can afford.  If you buy more you just give the print outs to the crew when you are queuing so they know how many you have and you can have them done all at the same time.

Auto's, the rules are (unless otherwise stated, as there have been Diamond guests with specific caps before but it will always say in the announcement details) the same for all guests whether Diamond or not.  You can get up to 5 at a time for busy guests, or 7 for the less busy ones.  You can of course queue again if you want more, but you need a new VQ ticket each time you queue.  Diamond pass priority only works once, you can't use it to keep going up.

And of course you pay for each auto, it's not one price for as many as you want.

4 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

@VikingGrrrl @Raylenth Ok thanks any idea how much the extra photos and autos cost?

Exactly the same price as listed R4wly.  So for Peter you can see in his announcement that photo's are £65 and auto's £75 so if you buy extra outside your Diamond pass each one you buy will be that price, there's no discount for multiples.

Edited by Raylenth

1 minute ago, R4wly97 said:

@VikingGrrrl @Raylenth Thanks, and in your opinion when you get an autograph is it better to bring your own item to be signed or get an 8x10 signed supplied by the convention, like what are the photos like?

If you want to get a specific photo signed, you're better to bring your own, but the will be a variety of Doctor Who 8x10s for Peter to sign at his desk, R4wly. :smile:

2 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

@VikingGrrrl @Raylenth Thanks, and in your opinion when you get an autograph is it better to bring your own item to be signed or get an 8x10 signed supplied by the convention, like what are the photos like?

Either is fine, the 8x 10's are usually good quality but if you want a specific image it's always best to bring your own as you don't know what they will have or they may run out.

You can bring your own item or poster if you wish, it just depends what you want signed.

I prefer posters as I get them signed by as many cast members as possible, but a big poster might be too much for just a couple of sigs.

You can have a look at the Pre Order service for an idea of the kind of images they have, baring in mind that's not a guarantee that they will have those exact images on the desk, or the entire range, they may have more on the desk or vice versa - they usually do, but it's never 100%

5 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

@Raylenth That’s alright I found it but thanks for the link anyway;) I have a feeling I’m going to have a hard time choosing because I love those pictures as well!

My usual advice: Get them all.

Seriously though, don't, only buy what you can safely afford to :lol: