New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

1 minute ago, Satanajade said:

Sorry if it’s been asked, but do they have lockers? I have to check out of my hotel and I’m not sure where to leave my bag

No lockers but there should be a cloakroom open. These are run by Olympia though so we don’t have much info on them.

I've got a question about the autograph pre-orders, I've bought 3 of them but bought them all at different times, will all 3 autographs be posted out separately to me or will they come together in the same parcel envelope? 

Just now, R4wly97 said:

I've got a question about the autograph pre-orders, I've bought 3 of them but bought them all at different times, will all 3 autographs be posted out separately to me or will they come together in the same parcel envelope? 

Not 100% sure, but there's a good chance they will be separate.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

Not 100% sure, but there's a good chance they will be separate.

Ok thanks, it confused me a bit because I've bought 3 pre-orders and I've paid for postage 3 times, I don't mind doing that at all but I was just wondering if someone has bought more than one pre-order whether they combine postage?

Edited by R4wly97

I’ve checked the times and I can’t seem to see batch times. Anyone have any idea? I have a diamond pass for Paul Wesley and have a photoshoot with Daniel Gillies, batch number 4, both for Sunday. Does anyone know what times I will need to ensure I’m in the right place? Sorry, first time and it’s confusing me! 

3 minutes ago, Satanajade said:

I’ve checked the times and I can’t seem to see batch times. Anyone have any idea? I have a diamond pass for Paul Wesley and have a photoshoot with Daniel Gillies, batch number 4, both for Sunday. Does anyone know what times I will need to ensure I’m in the right place? Sorry, first time and it’s confusing me! 

As said in the first post of the schedule thread, this is just a draft version of the schedule and rough batch times will be added in an updated version on Monday

Edited by Wrong Name

4 minutes ago, Dave[BE] said:

I can just feel the excitement increasing here on this forum.

DWhN-G_XkAMr7r8.jpg

I too am getting excited, and a bit nervous. It's my first time. First times are always special, yes? :D

And it's just the second time I'm visiting the UK. The last time was 19 years ago.

As said before I'm coming especially for the 'Allo 'Allo cast. My wife and I can only attend one day (Friday) which is a bit sad, because I really wanted to see and meet so many others (David Duchovny, Sam Neill, Christopher Eccleston, Steven Segal, Matt Smith, ...).

Still a bit confused. How do I know if the 'Allo 'Allo photo set and/or auto signing is in the VQ system?

I've seen the schedule and the cast is only doing a photo shoot for 25 minutes? It's all a bit confusing.

I guess you can understand how important this event is for me.. :)

I imagine the actors will not be operating on the VQ system, so you just join their queues and get their autographs. The 25 minute photo on the schedule I believe is the group shoot. You buy the photo ticket online before the event and arrive at some point during those 25 minutes to get your photo (hopefully as near to the beginning of the shoot as possible). Hope this helps :D

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

5 minutes ago, Dave[BE] said:

Yes that helps. Thanks! Never seen a friendly Dalek before btw. :D

I already got my group photo ticket.

I've been reading the forums about previous LFCCs, and I know things might get a bit hectic.

- So I can assume that Guy Siner, Kim Hartman and Richard Gibson all have a desk where they sign autographs all day? I just queue up and pay near a desk or should I get a voucher or anything at a different stand?

- Do they all have photo's available, or I should bring something myself?

(Thanks again) ;)

Yes, you just queue up, pay, and get your auto. No need for vouchers unless you want to pay by card instead of cash, in which case you will need to go to the sales desk where they will give you vouchers for a card payment.

They will have photos available at the guest’s desk that you can choose from for them to sign but if you have something specific in mind then it’s best to bring your own.

Edited by Wrong Name

There are actually two Allo Allo group shoots, but the location for the second is different to the first according to the schedule. As I’ve got batch 1 shoot, then I imagine I’m going to be near the front heh...

6 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

Ok thanks, it confused me a bit because I've bought 3 pre-orders and I've paid for postage 3 times, I don't mind doing that at all but I was just wondering if someone has bought more than one pre-order whether they combine postage?

Postage will not be combined if you place 3 orders at different points in time. Jason's got his hands full as it is.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Dave[BE] said:

Thanks for pointing out the batch number. Didn't notice it on my ticket. I'm batch 1 too. So, it will be announced when batch 1 is "needed" at the photo shoot?

There will be a crew member at the photo area shouting out which batches can join the queue.

4 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

They are cattle rangers herding you in by batch number. You cant miss it ^_^ 

There is a reason that throat lozenges are always on my packing list. We crew spend a lot of time repeating ourselves. Sometimes very loudly. :D 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Angelzbabe said:

There is a reason that throat lozenges are always on my packing list. We crew spend a lot of time repeating ourselves. Sometimes very loudly. :D 

So Sunday 4pm is not the ultimate time for you to start singing. :P

• Haha 1

I hope some of you seasoned con goers will be able to help me out here!

I am attending Saturday and have a photoshoot (Batch 1) booked with Lance Henriksen at 9:30am (assuming the schedule draft does not change!). I know there will be very long queues prior to opening at 9am and I'm really worried I will miss this shoot as it is so early. Could someone please advise:

• What time would you recommend us arriving?
  • If it is getting closer to my photoshoot time and I am still queuing, what would you recommend I do in order to get in quick?
  • Does anyone have any past experiences of very early shoots and, if so, did you manage to get to these on time?

Any help would be really appreciated! :)

2 minutes ago, Em_Power said:

I am attending Saturday and have a photoshoot (Batch 1) booked with Lance Henriksen at 9:30am (assuming the schedule draft does not change!). I know there will be very long queues prior to opening at 9am and I'm really worried I will miss this shoot as it is so early. Could someone please advise:

• If it is getting closer to my photoshoot time and I am still queuing, what would you recommend I do in order to get in quick?
  • Does anyone have any past experiences of very early shoots and, if so, did you manage to get to these on time?

No need to panic Em, Lance has a PM session as well so if you need to you can go to that one.  I'd advise being there about 8am if it's just for his photo, that should get you in ok,  They will pre scan as many people as possible so once the doors open at 9 everyone just goes in, it's quite quick.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Em_Power said:

As far as the Lance photoshoot I wouldn't panic, its running all the way until 10am and once your batch has been called you can go at any time. And once the doors do open the queue moves fairly quickly.

Plus he has an afternoon shoot as well between 15:30 and 16:00 so you could go to that instead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

No need to panic Em, Lance has a PM session as well so if you need to you can go to that one.  I'd advise being there about 8am if it's just for his photo, that should get you in ok,  They will pre scan as many people as possible so once the doors open at 9 everyone just goes in, it's quite quick.

Thanks so much Raylenth! :)

Unfortunately, we're unable to stay later in the afternoon, which is why I'm stressing so much about getting in for that photo! :/

In the (hopefully unlikely) event that we're still outside in the queues and time is ticking, should we grab a crew member? 

1 minute ago, Em_Power said:

Thanks so much Raylenth! :)

Unfortunately, we're unable to stay later in the afternoon, which is why I'm stressing so much about getting in for that photo! :/

In the (hopefully unlikely) event that we're still outside in the queues and time is ticking, should we grab a crew member? 

Be there a bit before opening and you will be fine. As long as you don't rock up 5 minutes before opening you'll be okay. And even then you would probably make it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Angelzbabe said:

As far as the Lance photoshoot I wouldn't panic, its running all the way until 10am and once your batch has been called you can go at any time. And once the doors do open the queue moves fairly quickly.

Plus he has an afternoon shoot as well between 15:30 and 16:00 so you could go to that instead.

Thanks so much for the reply! :)

We're unable to be at LFCC later in the afternoon so we're just really hoping we make it in for the AM shoot :( If there's any pushing and shoving at the queue you'll all know who it is :P 

2 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Be there a bit before opening and you will be fine. As long as you don't rock up 5 minutes before opening you'll be okay. And even then you would probably make it.

Do you reckon 1/2 hour - 1 hour would be sufficient Queen? Thanks so much! :) 

1 minute ago, Em_Power said:

Thanks so much for the reply! :)

We're unable to be at LFCC later in the afternoon so we're just really hoping we make it in for the AM shoot :( If there's any pushing and shoving at the queue you'll all know who it is :P 

Do you reckon 1/2 hour - 1 hour would be sufficient Queen? Thanks so much! :) 

As I suggested get there for about 8 if you can