New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

• Moderators
6 hours ago, red8886 said:

Hi folks,

It will be totally doable to do like 13 photos in one day right?  Not getting autos or talks so literally just planning on flitting between the photo shoots all day.  I'm hoping they are all relatively close together 

Absolutely doable, I usually have a minimum of 12 a day and that’s as well as talks and autos, others on here do even more than that.  I’m more than confident you won’t have any issues  especially if you’re not really doing much else.  Schedule will be released soon, you’ll have an idea then how your day will look, any clashes get back to us and we will se what we can to to help! 

Not a new attendee, but I thought my question could fit here quite good
I know that if we want to be with a friend on your picture, you have to buy well 2 ops, so we have both a Diamond Pass for Matt Smith.  I never took a picture with someone at LFCC

The question then is will they just take then one picture of us, and everyone gets the same, or will they take two pictures of us , and I will get Picture A and my friend gets picture B ?

16 minutes ago, timlux said:

I know that if we want to be with a friend on your picture, you have to buy well 2 ops, so we have both a Diamond Pass for Matt Smith.  I never took a picture with someone at LFCC

The question then is will they just take then one picture of us, and everyone gets the same, or will they take two pictures of us , and I will get Picture A and my friend gets picture B ?

You get 2 different photos so you have the option of 2 different poses and as such, 2 printouts. :smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, timlux said:

Tim Tim Tim. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

It can happen. Happened to me last year, 3 photoshoots all starting at half 9 on the Sunday morning. <_<

First year I attended, I had 2 photoshoots and a talk (that was all for the day) and they overlapped. Had to cancel the talk and get a refund.

12 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

It can happen. Happened to me last year, 3 photoshoots all starting at half 9 on the Sunday morning. <_<

Not gonna lie, I'd be a bit stressed with that... presume you packed yourself an energy drink to dash between the 3 ;)

3 hours ago, Kurdamoni said:

I think I’m well off with only 3 photos a day on both friday and Saturday :lol:

Friday and Sunday are both pretty quiet for me, Saturday is gonna be busier with fitting in all the blackadder actors' autos and photo ops amongst others... :lol:

16 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

I presume they were long shoots though? You always get a big long one first thing in the morning.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, EllaBlair said:

My Sunday started out as quiet then all the Doctor Who people became Sunday only :lol:. I'm dreading (and looking forward) to the schedule to see just how busy I'll be that day.

Hmm, with so many Who’s Who on Sunday I dont think there will be overlaps but I suspect a quick rush from Booth A to B to C and so on. It will be intense.

14 minutes ago, Broo said:

Not gonna lie, I'd be a bit stressed with that... presume you packed yourself an energy drink to dash between the 3 ;)

Was a tad. They were all in the same area so it wasn't as bad as it sounds.

10 minutes ago, natedammit said:

I presume they were long shoots though?

They were indeed.

Edited by wjbleming
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Hmm, with so many Who’s Who on Sunday I dont think there will be overlaps but I suspect a quick rush from Booth A to B to C and so on. It will be intense.

That's what I'm hoping! I will have a disabled wristband too which should help out a bit but it will still be a stressful day.

3 minutes ago, EllaBlair said:

That's what I'm hoping! I will have a disabled wristband too which should help out a bit but it will still be a stressful day.

At least part of a day if you are lucky. Do you have DP or standard Photo Ops?

10 hours ago, tenaciouspirit said:

If you don't mind me asking, where abouts in Hampshire are you travelling from? My wife and I are coming from Portsmouth

We're travelling from Andover, not quite as exciting as Portsmouth sadly lol :D

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, EllaBlair said:

On the Sunday I have 3 diamond photos and 4 regular photos, 4 of those are Doctor Who guests. It will be interesting! 

I'm actually glad I'm not going Sunday, it will be Whovians everywhere :lol: