New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

Hi all

Quick question from someone who hasn't attended the LF&CC for quiet a while... is there a floor plan for the merchandising and vendors online? I would love to go straight to my favourite sellers (In Demand Toys, Kapow Toys etc.) when the doors open on Friday :-)

Many thanks,

Steve

8 minutes ago, Steve101 said:

Hi all

Quick question from someone who hasn't attended the LF&CC for quiet a while... is there a floor plan for the merchandising and vendors online? I would love to go straight to my favourite sellers (In Demand Toys, Kapow Toys etc.) when the doors open on Friday :-)

Many thanks,

Steve

All floor plans are rough Steve, so they will show you the halls where the vendors will be but they don't publish a specific location for each vendor so you just have to look and find them on the day

19 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

All floor plans are rough Steve, so they will show you the halls where the vendors will be but they don't publish a specific location for each vendor so you just have to look and find them on the day

Ah okay, thank you for the information. I will do that.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi guys, I’m not normally one to stress about anything but as a first time attendee and first time poster, I had to ask!

I am basically attending to obtain autos of all the Doctors, and as there weren’t too many I wasn’t worried, but with Matt Smith announced especially, I’m worrying about getting everyone done.

I’m hoping to meet Peter Capaldi, Paul McGann and Colin Baker on the Sat and then Chris Ecclestone and Matt Smith on the Sun.

If I go straight in Sun morning and get VQs for Ecclestone and Smith, will I be okay getting both? Same for Capaldi on Sat?

It’s probably the daftest question as I guess others are getting autos and photos galore and I’m worrying about 2 or 3! But as they will be popular guests I wouldn’t mind some reassurance! 

Thanks!

16 minutes ago, JonC3001 said:

Hi guys, I’m not normally one to stress about anything but as a first time attendee and first time poster, I had to ask!

I am basically attending to obtain autos of all the Doctors, and as there weren’t too many I wasn’t worried, but with Matt Smith announced especially, I’m worrying about getting everyone done.

I’m hoping to meet Peter Capaldi, Paul McGann and Colin Baker on the Sat and then Chris Ecclestone and Matt Smith on the Sun.

If I go straight in Sun morning and get VQs for Ecclestone and Smith, will I be okay getting both? Same for Capaldi on Sat?

It’s probably the daftest question as I guess others are getting autos and photos galore and I’m worrying about 2 or 3! But as they will be popular guests I wouldn’t mind some reassurance! 

Thanks!

Yes, there's now assurance and they are going to be busy, you may want to consider the diamonds to ensure it.

Hey!

Probably someone already asked this, but I'm not going to read 70 pages XD

Where can I find the schedules for the free talks? I would really like to go to as much as I can :D

And, talking about that, are they usually nice? Are they interesting to attend to?

Ah, and one last question not related to the talks: is it possible to retrieve the tickets for someone, so he doesn't have to queue the next day?

Thank you all!

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, gascon95 said:

Hey!

Probably someone already asked this, but I'm not going to read 70 pages XD

Where can I find the schedules for the free talks? I would really like to go to as much as I can :D

And, talking about that, are they usually nice? Are they interesting to attend to?

Ah, and one last question not related to the talks: is it possible to retrieve the tickets for someone, so he doesn't have to queue the next day?

Thank you all!

Free talk schedule will be announced at the same time as the rest of the schedule, around a week before the show.

I'm not sure what you're asking with retrieving tickets - entry/photo tickets etc are bar codes that don't need any further retrieval (and queuing to 'use' them is unavoidable). 

Just for some advice here, looking at poster tubes for the prints we're getting with the DPs. I take it these would be alright for them? Never had to travel with prints before so any advice is appreciated.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ShieldUp-strong-cardboard-postal-diameter/dp/B06XWWYV1F/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1531859448&sr=8-6&keywords=a3+tubes

4 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Just for some advice here, looking at poster tubes for the prints we're getting with the DPs. I take it these would be alright for them? Never had to travel with prints before so any advice is appreciated.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ShieldUp-strong-cardboard-postal-diameter/dp/B06XWWYV1F/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1531859448&sr=8-6&keywords=a3+tubes

Yup, those are poster tubes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

They'll be ok for travel, but I wouldn't use them for long term storage. It's not great for carrying, but I prefer an art bag that keeps the posters flat these days to try to avoid the poster curling so much.

Lol, the prints are usually A3 so as long as the tube fits that size it will be fine, the only other consideration is that as the tubes don't have handles/straps they are a bit harder to lug around all day, have you got something to carry the tubes in, or drop them off where you are staying quickly

28 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Yup, those are poster tubes.

Natural born comedienne, you are! :lol:

27 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

They'll be ok for travel, but I wouldn't use them for long term storage. It's not great for carrying, but I prefer an art bag that keeps the posters flat these days to try to avoid the poster curling so much.

Yeah, travel is what we're going to be using them for anyways, put them in while carrying them around Olympia and on the flight and keep them out of them otherwise, thanks, Wrong.

26 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Lol, the prints are usually A3 so as long as the tube fits that size it will be fine, the only other consideration is that as the tubes don't have handles/straps they are a bit harder to lug around all day, have you got something to carry the tubes in, or drop them off where you are staying quickly

Yeah, planning on keeping the prints in them for the short term anyways. Just looking at alternatives to shoving them in our suitcases and them becoming flattened or curled, along those lines, cheers, Raylenth.

25 minutes ago, Sebster118 said:

@wjbleming I have tubes longer than that and was able to bring one in last year for a Diamond guest print.

Thanks, Sebster, we'll have 6 prints this year if memory serves (3 DPs with the prints each) so I daresay 2 of the ones I linked would be enough.

19 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Natural born comedienne, you are! :lol:

Yeah, travel is what we're going to be using them for anyways, put them in while carrying them around Olympia and on the flight and keep them out of them otherwise, thanks, Wrong.

Yeah, planning on keeping the prints in them for the short term anyways. Just looking at alternatives to shoving them in our suitcases and them becoming flattened or curled, along those lines, cheers, Raylenth.

Thanks, Sebster, we'll have 6 prints this year if memory serves (3 DPs with the prints each) so I daresay 2 of the ones I linked would be enough.

There's things like this, similar to what Wrong was suggesting and will keep them flat.  Might be harder to get in your luggage but may be better than a tube https://www.londongraphics.co.uk/presentation/portfolios/card-portfolios

Hello lovely people, I apologise if this has been asked and answered before but would appreciate the advice. We're travelling to LFCC by train from Hampshire, which takes just over an hour and then by taxi from Waterloo to the event. We're not sure what time to aim to get to the event, we have three photos with the Battlestar cast booked and a bit worried about booking travel arrangements before it's all booked up, I'm in a wheelchair with my carer/partner and have registered for extra help, we don't also want to be stuck waiting for entry and miss our photos or have to travel too early and be waiting around for hours, it's a lot of extra stress on my partner pushing me (I'm a heavy load lol). Any advice would be lovely, thanks in advance x

35 minutes ago, CarkinsBug said:

Hello lovely people, I apologise if this has been asked and answered before but would appreciate the advice. We're travelling to LFCC by train from Hampshire, which takes just over an hour and then by taxi from Waterloo to the event. We're not sure what time to aim to get to the event, we have three photos with the Battlestar cast booked and a bit worried about booking travel arrangements before it's all booked up, I'm in a wheelchair with my carer/partner and have registered for extra help, we don't also want to be stuck waiting for entry and miss our photos or have to travel too early and be waiting around for hours, it's a lot of extra stress on my partner pushing me (I'm a heavy load lol). Any advice would be lovely, thanks in advance x

Not sure what day you mean but a good general time to aim for is about an hour before opening, it gives you a bit of leeway as well then.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Not sure what day you mean but a good general time to aim for is about an hour before opening, it gives you a bit of leeway as well then.

Ahh thank you! We're attending Friday and Sunday, Friday to meet Battlestar cast and Sunday just for David Duchovny (I have the most understanding partner ever lol). I'll plan to get to Olympia an hour before opening, thank you! 

1 hour ago, CarkinsBug said:

If you don't mind me asking, where abouts in Hampshire are you travelling from? My wife and I are coming from Portsmouth

• Like 1

Hi folks,

It will be totally doable to do like 13 photos in one day right?  Not getting autos or talks so literally just planning on flitting between the photo shoots all day.  I'm hoping they are all relatively close together 

Edited by red8886
Typo

6 hours ago, red8886 said:

Hi folks,

It will be totally doable to do like 13 photos in one day right?  Not getting autos or talks so literally just planning on flitting between the photo shoots all day.  I'm hoping they are all relatively close together 

I did 13 in one day last year, and auto's so it is doable, there are those who has done more than that. All it takes is to plan. When the schedule for the photo ops are released (Approx a week before it all starts) plan and work out the best way for you to do them all in a smooth way. With 13 I will guess you will get overlaps. If you have a problem sorting the overlaps out just take your questions here and we will try to give you the best advice. When you ask, please remember to write which guests, day and time. The more info you give us here..the better we can help you. ^_^

Edited by Chris1970