New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

1 hour ago, whitewillow said:

I think there are also vendors selling autograph holders at the venue.

44 minutes ago, tenaciouspirit said:

To echo what Raylenth said about her storage boxes, just make sure not to use the holders sold at LFCC for long term storage, as they are also not acid free.

Yes, I advise not buying them even for use at the event, they are fine for carrying unsigned stuff but I really wouldn't use them at all for signed stuff.  The ones we are talking about for anyone unfamiliar are semi rigid sleeves that come in different sizes and have an opening at the top.  They are thin so the pics/auto's will touch the inside, they can be very staticy so it can be hard to get things out and they are not acid free

So, I've been collecting as many £5 notes as I can as I understand the crew prefer if you can pay with them. However, it's really unlikely I'll be able to gather enough to pay for the extra autos I would like to buy for some of my friends. For Tom Welling, each auto is £45 I believe? Will it be ok still to use £10 and £20 notes? Or I think I remember that you can pay by card? How does that work? Of course, I will be getting my DP one on Saturday. And I remember reading that you can purchase up to at least 5 autos at a time. 

9 minutes ago, Liv said:

So, I've been collecting as many £5 notes as I can as I understand the crew prefer if you can pay with them. However, it's really unlikely I'll be able to gather enough to pay for the extra autos I would like to buy for some of my friends. For Tom Welling, each auto is £45 I believe? Will it be ok still to use £10 and £20 notes? Or I think I remember that you can pay by card? How does that work? Of course, I will be getting my DP one on Saturday. And I remember reading that you can purchase up to at least 5 autos at a time. 

Yes,of course. It is not like they wont take them it is just it can be a struggle with change if everybody pays with 20's or 50's..They will love you for 10's and 5's as they will need it. But 20's and 10's will be excellent as well. No card at the guest desks, only card if you buy vouchers at the sales desk..but the queue might be very long so I suggest cash.

Edited by Chris1970

8 minutes ago, Liv said:

For Card payments you have to go to the sales table - not the Autograph table - where they will give you vouchers in various denominations.

6 minutes ago, Liv said:

Whatever notes you have Liv is fine, £5's help as the crew can run short especially for the guests that are something £5 but you don't have to stress.  The oldies usually take £5's as they know it helps out but it's fine.

If you want to pay by card you go to the sales desk and they will give you vouchers which you hand over at the auto desk instead of cash, the queue can be long at the sales desk so if you want to do it, do it in plenty of time.

I forgot that's the way you pay by card. Think I'll probably stick with cash then, as it's easier. Good to know it's absolutely ok to use £10 notes as well. Thanks guys. :D

Oh, and with personalising autos, as I intend to get some for my friends it would be nice to have each one with their names. So when you choose which photos at the table, would it be best to put a post it note to each with their names? 

7 minutes ago, Liv said:

I forgot that's the way you pay by card. Think I'll probably stick with cash then, as it's easier. Good to know it's absolutely ok to use £10 notes as well. Thanks guys. :D

Oh, and with personalising autos, as I intend to get some for my friends it would be nice to have each one with their names. So when you choose which photos at the table, would it be best to put a post it note to each with their names? 

Yes, so much easier.  Have them ready before you are in the queue ideally, print the names clearly, and attach to each photo.  Remember though that personalisations and quotes are not guaranteed and are unlikely to be allowed with any really busy guests.

13 minutes ago, evilfairie said:

I'm super excited to be going to my first ever LFCC (only attended Sherlocked's before now) but I have the oracle that is Raylenth coming with me to hold my hand.:D I know am super lucky to have her as a friend. : :wub:

Hope you enjoy yourself, evil! Just hope your not one of the ones she's led astray! ;)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, evilfairie said:

I'm super excited to be going to my first ever LFCC (only attended Sherlocked's before now) but I have the oracle that is Raylenth coming with me to hold my hand.:D I know am super lucky to have her as a friend. : :wub:

22 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Hope you enjoy yourself, evil! Just hope your not one of the ones she's led astray! ;)

Pffft I certainly did not tell her to just blow it and buy all the photo shoots.  No siree.  She did not go from 1 shoot to 5 or 6 and a couple of talks in about 20 minutes for any reason at all.

Oh and Nate, this one's not for you!

• Haha 1

I have a query and rather than open another thread I'll put it here,  as its a new issue for me

I'm going all 3 days , no probs. My brother is only going Saturday  and Sunday.

Due to not being able to plan anything too early, Saturday has sold out so I've bought him a 3 day entry (which he won't need on friday)

Can he pick it up on Saturday,  or do I need to get it (it's bought on my app ) for him on the Friday ?

If I do, will there be an issue with the fact that he won't be there to have the 3 day band put on his wrist (ie I'll need to just take it and give it to him later that night)

5 minutes ago, andrewrolar said:

I have a query and rather than open another thread I'll put it here,  as its a new issue for me

I'm going all 3 days , no probs. My brother is only going Saturday  and Sunday.

Due to not being able to plan anything too early, Saturday has sold out so I've bought him a 3 day entry (which he won't need on friday)

Can he pick it up on Saturday,  or do I need to get it (it's bought on my app ) for him on the Friday ?

If I do, will there be an issue with the fact that he won't be there to have the 3 day band put on his wrist (ie I'll need to just take it and give it to him later that night)

He's fine getting it on Saturday Andrew, you will only give them your ticket to be scanned when you go through, so when his ticket is scanned in the entry hall on Saturday they will attach his wrist band to him then.  As they do have to attach the band you can't collect weekend entry bands for other people

Hey Guys, I went to an Exchange Office in Belgium yesterday and they can’t help me with the old pound notes and coins… can I still Exchange these in London and if yes, where do I go about this? I still have 45 pounds in old notes and coins so…

1 hour ago, Kurdamoni said:

Hey Guys, I went to an Exchange Office in Belgium yesterday and they can’t help me with the old pound notes and coins… can I still Exchange these in London and if yes, where do I go about this? I still have 45 pounds in old notes and coins so…

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/banknotes/exchanging-old-banknotes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5451497/How-exchange-old-10-notes-Bank-England-deadline.html

Edited by Chris1970

11 hours ago, evilfairie said:

What is it like having Roy as a friend? Is it as magical as I imagine?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Yeah unfortunately not many places will do it over the counter any more and for most you will need a UK account.  You best bet might be to go to the Bank Of England if you can

I’m guessing that’s nowhere near of Olympia? :(