New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

3 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

And if any question or concern pops up during the event just catch a blue/red shirt with your question(s) and they will help you out.

Preferably a blue / red shirt with the word 'Crew' written on it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, natedammit said:

Preferably a blue / red shirt with the word 'Crew' written on it.

36 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

No.."medic" :rolleyes:

36 minutes ago, Kurdamoni said:

'Crowd panic control staff' 

Random star trek cosplayer?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chris1970 said:

And if any question or concern pops up during the event just catch a blue/red shirt with your question(s) and they will help you out. You will get a hang of everything pretty quick. And enjoy the weekend, it is a fantastic event.

I would recommend just catching the folks in the blue shirts. The crew in the red shirts seem to have an unusually high death or injury rate.  You might risk injury just by being nearby.

4 minutes ago, TankerT said:

I would recommend just catching the folks in the blue shirts. The crew in the red shirts seem to have an unusually high death or injury rate.  You might risk injury just by being nearby.

But... :rolleyes:

https://www.cnet.com/news/surprise-star-trek-gold-shirts-more-deadly-than-red-shirts/

So would love it if SM started with gold as well as red and blue

Edited by Chris1970

3 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

If you have a bracelet because you are attending all Weekend yes, the entry will be really quick after you got your bracelet.

Paul will very likely have a split photoshoot anyway, with a second shoot being in the afternoon. As you can go any time after your Batch was called there won't be any issues there.

Thanks for clearing that up! I thought it was a fluke that they let me in like that and that I was really lucky. Now I know for future occasions when I may want to show up late!

4 minutes ago, Dark Arxnine said:

Do they release a floor plan of sorts along with the timings of everything ? 

They release a floor plan telling you where the photo shoot and talk areas are but not information about where the guests will be.

6 minutes ago, EllaBlair said:

They release a floor plan telling you where the photo shoot and talk areas are but not information about where the guests will be.

Thanks for the reply :D I’m sure I’ll figure it all out when it’s out can’t wait for my I-Zombie photo shoots :D 

Hi everyone I know this was asked before but what do you put the photos and autographs in once you receive them? I have to get back on a plane and last year we didn't think it through and everything got a little squished. Would rather prevent that this year!

9 minutes ago, EllaBlair said:

Hi everyone I know this was asked before but what do you put the photos and autographs in once you receive them? I have to get back on a plane and last year we didn't think it through and everything got a little squished. Would rather prevent that this year!

You get this when you pick up the photo at the photo op. Anything else you have to bring yourself. ^_^

32261037_10216146019386161_7812399705874

Just now, Chris1970 said:

You get this when you pick up the photo at the photo op. Anything else you have to bring yourself. ^_^

32261037_10216146019386161_7812399705874

Yeah I got that! They still got a bit messed with in transit, was wondering if there was a better solution!

3 hours ago, EllaBlair said:

I will use a display book with a rigid cover if I can find one in London. Also I’ll put them in my carry-on bag during my return flight so they don’t get creased. I feel you because a few years ago an autograph I was giving to a friend got a little wrinkled in my checked bag (I stupidly thought it’d be safer there), but I never had a problem carrying photos in my cabin bag ;)

8 hours ago, EllaBlair said:

I got something like this. Went to the store and bought the most solid one. Have been with me since my first con two years ago. Love it. Store my photos and auto photos safely. Fits into my bag and I keep it there when I'm flying. Safely by my side all the time :D

770017_1_xnm.jpg

9 hours ago, EllaBlair said:

These are perfect, cheap and suited to carrying around in a bag on can day.  Don't use for long term storage as they aren't acid free but as they are rigid they are perfect

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000KN6HD6/?coliid=I3TKY4XO4IDHZ5&colid=DW4A1VFM63YD&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

1 hour ago, whitewillow said:

I think there are also vendors selling autograph holders at the venue.

To echo what Raylenth said about her storage boxes, just make sure not to use the holders sold at LFCC for long term storage, as they are also not acid free.

Edited by tenaciouspirit

1 minute ago, tenaciouspirit said:

To echo what Raylenth said about her storage boxes, just make sure not to keep your autos in these holders long term, as they are also not acid free.

I bring my own folder in leather to store my photographs B)

I put all my autographs in a folder, behind plastic. others I have bought the frames at LFCC with the name tag on them for example for John Cleese en Jeremy Renner previous years. 

Edited by Kurdamoni

Just now, Kurdamoni said:

I put all my autographs in a folder, behind plastic. others I have bought the frames at LFCC with the name tag on them for example for John Cleese en Jeremy Renner previous years. 

What sort of folder do you put them in?