New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

I can't remember if this has already been asked, but as I intend to bring my own flask, will there be any water fountains or free water handed out so I can refill? I am trying to make sure I save on plastic so not to keep buying bottles of water. As it will be hot, I want to make sure I will be able to keep myself hydrated! 

10 minutes ago, Liv said:

I can't remember if this has already been asked, but as I intend to bring my own flask, will there be any water fountains or free water handed out so I can refill? I am trying to make sure I save on plastic so not to keep buying bottles of water. As it will be hot, I want to make sure I will be able to keep myself hydrated! 

Not that I have ever seen Liv. 

Edited by Raylenth

1 hour ago, Liv said:

Gross. :huh:

Ok, thanks anyway! Thought I'd ask. 

It's the bear. You'll notice he has a thing about being gross most of the time. Just be über nice to him and he might stop being gross. lol

• Sad 1

On 7/6/2018 at 7:38 PM, Liv said:

I was thinking along the same lines. It would be a good idea to make water refills available to save on plastic. Even if we had to pay something for the refills, it would still be a good idea because it would reduce plastic waist and protect the environment.

Maybe showmasters can implement it at future events?

With the sheer amount of people there over the weekend, it probably wouldn't be feasible to bring a few water fountains for the weekend, it'd take too much refilling that people wouldn't be happy when they keep running out.

I think that is something for the owner of Olympia rather then SM. Putting in fountains in a building is a major job (I know, we just done it at my job). I know people has gone to the shops in or around Olympia and got their bottles refilled. Temporary ones are empty before lunch..

Edited by Chris1970

I always carry an empty bottle around with me at San Diego, but then, the convention centre has scores of fountains about the place. I think I survived one bottle the last time I was at LFCC heh...

54 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

I always carry an empty bottle around with me at San Diego, but then, the convention centre has scores of fountains about the place. I think I survived one bottle the last time I was at LFCC heh...

Might be an American thing, when I traveled to America last summer there were fountains for refilling at all the airports. Don't think I've seen much of that elsewhere.

If it hasn't been said, a Power Bank, I've jusr bought an Anker one so have two power banks now. The other Samsung one I've had for 2-3 years isn't very efficient. This anker one looks brilliant

19 minutes ago, DullyEL said:

If it hasn't been said, a Power Bank, I've jusr bought an Anker one so have two power banks now. The other Samsung one I've had for 2-3 years isn't very efficient. This anker one looks brilliant

I have a 6700 mAh power bank, last year I forgot it at home but this year I wont. Did not run out of power though but I cut down on alot of usage.

1 hour ago, DullyEL said:

I've got two power banks too, very useful when needing to charge my phone. :D

8 hours ago, wjbleming said:

With the sheer amount of people there over the weekend, it probably wouldn't be feasible to bring a few water fountains for the weekend, it'd take too much refilling that people wouldn't be happy when they keep running out.

I guess that's understandable. 

10 hours ago, whitewillow said:

Might be an American thing, when I traveled to America last summer there were fountains for refilling at all the airports. Don't think I've seen much of that elsewhere.

Yes.  We have them in lots of places, and more and more are being installed as places are renovated.