New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

Morning everyone :D I wasn’t sure if the best place to ask this but I think it kinda falls under the first timer thread :D pretty much can you take your own pen for autographs as I want to get Rose McIver and Peter Mayhew to sign pop vinyls and use oil paint markers which I have as it looks 10X better than a normal sharpie thank you :)

4 minutes ago, Dark Arxnine said:

Morning everyone :D I wasn’t sure if the best place to ask this but I think it kinda falls under the first timer thread :D pretty much can you take your own pen for autographs as I want to get Rose McIver and Peter Mayhew to sign pop vinyls and use oil paint markers which I have as it looks 10X better than a normal sharpie thank you :)

You can indeed Dark, but it might be an idea to take spares as sometimes you don't get them back - just circumstances add up, you forget to grab it back, ect, so if you do take your own for a particular type/colour it's always best to have backups.

14 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

It could be a hiccup in the bank system, something getting flagged because of god knows what. I had a 16 Dollar purchase in California set off the security system 2 years ago. Never mind the 300 Dollars I spent the night before. :lol:

Please let me know what the bank says. If it's not on their end I will ask the store people to dig deeper.

Thanks, QS. Turns out the bank had cancelled my card for some reason. They had sent me out a new card, which is in the house, but I hadn't gotten round to opening it, assumed it was junk mail. (Thankfully it hadn't been thrown out!)

19 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

You can indeed Dark, but it might be an idea to take spares as sometimes you don't get them back - just circumstances add up, you forget to grab it back, ect, so if you do take your own for a particular type/colour it's always best to have backups.

Thanks raylenth Great to know :D 

1 minute ago, wjbleming said:

Thanks, QS. Turns out the bank had cancelled my card for some reason. They had sent me out a new card, which is in the house, but I hadn't gotten round to opening it, assumed it was junk mail. (Thankfully it hadn't been thrown out!)

They did that to me, randomly sent me a new card even though I still had a couple of years left on the current one.  I put the new one aside and forgot about it and then, blam, a few weeks later I was doing the weekly shop and my card was declined.  It turns out once they issue you a new card the old one is automatically cancelled a month later even if it's still current.

20 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

They did that to me, randomly sent me a new card even though I still had a couple of years left on the current one.  I put the new one aside and forgot about it and then, blam, a few weeks later I was doing the weekly shop and my card was declined.  It turns out once they issue you a new card the old one is automatically cancelled a month later even if it's still current.

Yeah, but between the weekly shop and photoshoots, we both know what's more important here. ;)

3 minutes ago, The_batflash123 said:

So I bought a Peter Capaldi Diamond Pass about 3 months ago but I kinda forgot which day I picked (saturday or sunday) and it isn't on my ticket. How can I check this? 

It'll say it on the eventbrite email you received when you ordered it - right at the bottom under Ticket Information. There might be easier ways but that's where I have checked in the past

6 minutes ago, The_batflash123 said:

So I bought a Peter Capaldi Diamond Pass about 3 months ago but I kinda forgot which day I picked (saturday or sunday) and it isn't on my ticket. How can I check this? 

In Eventbrite click on the PC diamond pass ticket, when it goes through and has loaded scroll down a little and under the 'contact info' that is displayed is a clicky saying + View Complete Attendee info.  Click on it and in all the blurb it will show you which day you picked

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, tenaciouspirit said:

I once lost my card just before it expired. I phoned up to cancel it, and they cancelled my new card that they hadn't even sent out yet!

Not credit card, but card. Disneyland Paris. They have this thing called "photopass" where you can have one of the camera guys that works for them take you photo with their cameras.

They messed up for an event, photos were not on the account. Person working there walks backstage with the card and two temporary cards. Comes back, saying "it's fixed" and hands us the temporary cards. Umm... where's the annual one? She managed to lose it on a way of like 50 meters at best. Was never found. Took an hour and lots of yelling til they gave us a replacement as "courtesy." I am still trying to figure out what was the "courtesy" in that, but well.

Came home, tried to download our photos... they had disabled both cards, the one they lost and the replacement.

• Sad 5

I just wanted to quickly ask, is the Colin Baker and Bonnie Langford £25 photoshoot a regular shoot with both of them as opposed to being on the tardis console? I'd really like to get one like that if that is what it is. Just checking as I only noticed the option now!

6 minutes ago, jammyc1 said:

I just wanted to quickly ask, is the Colin Baker and Bonnie Langford £25 photoshoot a regular shoot with both of them as opposed to being on the tardis console? I'd really like to get one like that if that is what it is. Just checking as I only noticed the option now!

The 25 is the regular duo photo op. The one with Tardis is 35.

Just now, Queen_Sindel said:

The 25 is the regular duo photo op. The one with Tardis is 35.

I must've missed the regular duo before if it wasnt added recently. Either way, i am very excited to get two different doctor/companion duo photos on the sunday!

Hello, I've just got a quick question to ask

I was wondering if guests are alright with you taking your own different coloured pens of your choice for them to sign your stuff? And this also may sound a little odd but I assume they give your pen back? haha :lol:

I only ask because I've bought some pens that are recommended to get POP! Vinyl figures signed

2 minutes ago, DanielNvL said:

Hello, I've just got a quick question to ask

I was wondering if guests are alright with you taking your own different coloured pens of your choice for them to sign your stuff? And this also may sound a little odd but I assume they give your pen back? haha :lol:

I only ask because I've bought some pens that are recommended to get POP! Vinyl figures signed

It's fine to bring your own Daniel but it pays to bring a back up- guests are usually good about giving them back, or you just remind them, but there always exists the possibility of not getting it back - you forget in the rush for example, or as happened to me once, it just vanished - it must have dropped out my bag when I was getting something else out.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

It's fine to bring your own Daniel but it pays to bring a back up- guests are usually good about giving them back, or you just remind them, but there always exists the possibility of not getting it back - you forget in the rush for example

Thank you for the quick reply! I'll just buy a few more pens for the POP! Vinyls just in case as they're the ones I'm more concerned about not getting back :) Cheers again! 

Also, I assume you can take money out from an ATM to get English money instead of Scottish money? As I live in Scotland and I'm obviously traveling to London, I know they sometimes don't take Scottish money. Would it be best to try to get English notes before going or do you think I'd be able to withdraw money there?

3 minutes ago, DanielNvL said:

Also, I assume you can take money out from an ATM to get English money instead of Scottish money? As I live in Scotland and I'm obviously traveling to London, I know they sometimes don't take Scottish money. Would it be best to try to get English notes before going or do you think I'd be able to withdraw money there?

Get it out before you get there, there are ATM's in the area but with thousands of attendees they run out very quickly.  I believe people have said SM have taken Scottish notes with no issues before it's probably best to get English out as there won't be any issue then.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Get it out before you get there, there are ATM's in the area but with thousands of attendees they run out very quickly.  I believe people have said SM have taken Scottish notes with no issues before it's probably best to get English out as there won't be any issue then.

Thanks again :D 

1 hour ago, DanielNvL said:

Didn't know there could be such an issue with Scottish money. I'll have to keep it in mind for when I decide to go to Scotland.

• Like 1