New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

24 minutes ago, DanielNvL said:

Thanks again for the advice it's appreciated, really looking forward to going :D If there was a Diamond pass for Peter Mayhew I would most likely buy it however I don't see one, will double check once I'm home. Thanks again for the help, can't wait to get the autographs I want :)

And enjoy the con. It is a fantastic time.

• Like 1

I had one final question (Really sorry to keep going on, just want to make sure I'm fully prepared to go :lol:

Would you suggest bringing your own photos for autographs or are they usually a heap of photos to be signed by each guest on their tables? As I'm struggling to find good quality images to get printed off by a company etc.. Sorry again for another question! :unsure:

1 minute ago, DanielNvL said:

I had one final question (Really sorry to keep going on, just want to make sure I'm fully prepared to go :lol:

Would you suggest bringing your own photos for autographs or are they usually a heap of photos to be signed by each guest on their tables? As I'm struggling to find good quality images to get printed off by a company etc.. Sorry again for another question! :unsure:

There will be a selection to choose from at each guest (included in the price) but if it is something super special you might wanna bring it yourself. I will bring something myself to get signed by Matthew Modine as I dont expect SM to have something from ”Birdy”.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DanielNvL said:

That's fine Daniel ask what you want.  General rule is, if you want a specific image bring it with you as you won't know until the day what they have available.  The pre order site is a good guide to what they may have - though it's never guaranteed they will have the same on the day or they may have more on offer, less or have had the one you wanted and run out.

Which image do you want?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

There will be a selection to choose from at each guest (included in the price) but if it is something super special you might wanna bring it yourself. I will bring something myself to get signed by Matthew Modine as I dont expect SM to have something from ”Birdy”.

Thank you again, appreciate the help! :D 

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

That's fine Daniel ask what you want.  General rule is, if you want a specific image bring it with you as you won't know until the day what they have available.  The pre order site is a good guide to what they may have - though it's never guaranteed they will have the same on the day or they may have more on offer, less or have had the one you wanted and run out.

Which image do you want?

Thank you :D  I've got a folder with around 10+ images, I've put them up to scale of 10x8's & made sure the DPI (Dots Per Inch) is high when I've resized them on photoshop up to scale, however they look a tiny bit pixelated as I've had to resize them to quite big so I'm unsure if it'll look clearer & better when printed out by a company I'm using (snapfish,co,uk). I'm taking these images just incase I don't get the choice I want if their images at their desks have all been used :) 

21 minutes ago, DanielNvL said:

Thank you :D  I've got a folder with around 10+ images, I've put them up to scale of 10x8's & made sure the DPI (Dots Per Inch) is high when I've resized them on photoshop up to scale, however they look a tiny bit pixelated as I've had to resize them to quite big so I'm unsure if it'll look clearer & better when printed out by a company I'm using (snapfish,co,uk). I'm taking these images just incase I don't get the choice I want if their images at their desks have all been used :) 

Lol, I meant specifically what image do you want signed as people might be able to advise on a source.  Statesidestills is a good site if you want to have a look at what they have on offer.

5 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Lol, I meant specifically what image do you want signed as people might be able to advise on a source.  Statesidestills is a good site if you want to have a look at what they have on offer.

Oh right sorry haha! They'd be Star Wars images of like Darth Maul, Chewbacca, Rogue One Darth Vader, R2D2, Nien Numb etc.(Mainly all the Star Wars guests going) But I'll defo have a look at that website you gave me :) Thanks a lot for the continued help :D 

Edited by DanielNvL
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, DanielNvL said:

Oh right sorry haha! They'd be Star Wars images of like Darth Maul, Chewbacca, Rogue One Darth Vader, R2D2, Nien Numb etc.(Mainly all the Star Wars guests going) But I'll defo have a look at that website you gave me :) Thanks a lot for the continued help :D 

I know for a fact by what's been said before that with a lot of the small part original trilogy SW guests you are going to be hard pressed to find images at all let alone clear ones, so if you want any of them you may just have to use what's available.  The bigger guests they will have decent images for.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I know for a fact by what's been said before that with a lot of the small part original trilogy SW guests you are going to be hard pressed to find images at all let alone clear ones, so if you want any of them you may just have to use what's available.  The bigger guests they will have decent images for.

Yeah it's quite hard to find some! I've had a look at that website you said and it all seems very good and I'm going to pick up a few! Probably going to print out some of my own ones as well if I can get the quality to look good and I can find a good website to print them from. Thanks a lot :D 

• Like 1

Will also add, for some guests, they won't sign unauthorised or unapproved images. There was a bit of an issue at Collectormania regarding Ray Park and any shots from Solo, which obviously he is quite entitled to refuse. Hopefully there may be some official images from that film in time for LFCC.

6 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

Will also add, for some guests, they won't sign unauthorised or unapproved images. There was a bit of an issue at Collectormania regarding Ray Park and any shots from Solo, which obviously he is quite entitled to refuse. Hopefully there may be some official images from that film in time for LFCC.

Not sure why, it's a rare thing, but yeah it does happen occasionally but it's usually if the film hasn't been released yet or is brand new.  I've seen it happen once before, I think it was last year with one of the other SW films.

25 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Not sure why, it's a rare thing, but yeah it does happen occasionally but it's usually if the film hasn't been released yet or is brand new.  I've seen it happen once before, I think it was last year with one of the other SW films.

Alan Tudyk? I never met him but were there any Rogue One pics? Mads was in Rogue One too, but I only had a Photo Op with him. Harley Durst is here this year, and there should be Solo pics for him to sign so.

Edited by Chris1970

14 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Alan Tudyk? I never met him but were there any Rogue One pics? Mads was in Rogue One too, but I only had a Photo Op with him. Harley Durst is here this year, and there should be Solo pics for him to sign so.

It wasn't either of them.

25 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

For Mads Mikkelson, in 2016, a friend of mine who met him told me there weren’t any Galen Erso pics provided. I assume there were last year as I got a K-2SO photo from the desk for Alan Tudyk to sign.

18 minutes ago, Sebster118 said:

For Mads Mikkelson, in 2016, a friend of mine who met him told me there weren’t any Galen Erso pics provided. I assume there were last year as I got a K-2SO photo from the desk for Alan Tudyk to sign.

There were, I got a Galen one for a friend.  It was a bit blurry but they did have them, as it was at least a month or so before the film was due out we were lucky at the time they had them.  I remember the scramble everyone went through finding SW and Strange stuff for him..  It may be they had run out.

Edited by Raylenth

3 hours ago, Raylenth said:

There were, I got a Galen one for a friend.  It was a bit blurry but they did have them, as it was at least a month or so before the film was due out we were lucky at the time they had them.  I remember the scramble everyone went through finding SW and Strange stuff for him..  It may be they had run out.

I know Showmasters posted a pic on their Facebook page before the 2016 LFCC.

My friend only did VQ so it’s possible the Galen Erso pics were gone by the time my friend joined the queue for Mads.

This is my first ever con :D and the excitement is crushing me already XD like a kid a Christmas my questions are

1, can you take in your own food/ drink or can you get free water while inside ?

2, my buddy smokes and wants to know if once your in can you go out and back in ? 

3, Would you reckon £400 to be a golden amount for the Saturday Sunday honestly I know I could spend a lot more than that but I’ve tried to limit myself XD

tha is in advance guys and gals 

@Dark Arxnine Hi :WAVE:

1. Previous years you have been able to bring your own food/drinks to the con. Don't bring drinks in glass bottles. There are places you can buy food/drinks inside as well.

2. You can return after leaving if you get a stamp on your hand on your way out.

3. How much people spend is very individual. I myself is currently at right over £400 for autos at the con over the weekend. That is not including tickets I've purchased. Remember that they don't take cards, only cash, when you buy autos.

Please feel free to ask more questions! 

1 minute ago, VikingGrrrl said:

@Dark Arxnine Hi :WAVE:

1. Previous years you have been able to bring your own food/drinks to the con. Don't bring drinks in glass bottles. There are places you can buy food/drinks inside as well.

2. You can return after leaving if you get a stamp on your hand on your way out.

3. How much people spend is very individual. I myself is currently at right over £400 for autos at the con over the weekend. That is not including tickets I've purchased. Remember that they don't take cards, only cash, when you buy autos.

Please feel free to ask more questions! 

But you can buy auto vouchers at Customer Service with card but my advice is cash though, queue can be long and slow there. Try to carry smaller sums (£5 and £10) and pay with those and you will be popular at the tables.

6 hours ago, Dark Arxnine said:

This is my first ever con :D and the excitement is crushing me already XD like a kid a Christmas my questions are

1, can you take in your own food/ drink or can you get free water while inside ?

Exactly as @VikingGrrrl and @Chris1970 have said. I just want to add that there is no free water. You can buy some drinks at the event, but to my knowledge you won't get anything for free. ;) So it's very advisable to take something with you.

33 minutes ago, fanowaty said:

Exactly as @VikingGrrrl and @Chris1970 have said. I just want to add that there is no free water. You can buy some drinks at the event, but to my knowledge you won't get anything for free. ;) So it's very advisable to take something with you.

From my experience, most of the stands are happy to give you free water/ refill your bottle if you ask for it.  I think any licenced premise legally has to offer the service. I guess the question then becomes do you bother to wait in the line just for water.