New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

Actually that's a good fundamental piece of advice:  If you have any issues at the event speak to the crew ASAP as it probably can't be resolved after it's over, if the normal crew can't help, or not to your satisfaction, find a redshirt - they are in charge of the area and have authority/knowledge that regular crew don't

16 hours ago, VikingGrrrl said:

Just remember that you need to get a VQ ticket for his autos on Friday then and use your diamond pass on Saturday for your auto then.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought if she wants extra autographs for Tom Welling she can get those when she goes for her DP autograph? She just has to pay for the extras (that aren't included in the DP).

3 minutes ago, whitewillow said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought if she wants extra autographs for Tom Welling she can get those when she goes for her DP autograph? She just has to pay for the extras (that aren't included in the DP).

As I understood her, @Liv wanted to get her DP auto on Saturday and extras on Friday. But she can get them all at the same time that is true.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, whitewillow said:

She has stated she want's to get her friends on Friday and her DP included ones on Saturday.  The DP priority only works once as the pass will be clipped when she has used it so if you want to get auto's from a guest you have a DP for on different days then you will need a VQ for one of them.

• Like 1

Yes, you guys are correct. ;) I intend to use the Friday to buy autos for my friends. I know I will need VQ for that. Then I will have the DP auto for myself on the Saturday, (I know that is only one) and possibly buy one extra for myself then with the VQ. 

Just now, Liv said:

Yes, you guys are correct. ;) I intend to use the Friday to buy autos for my friends. I know I will need VQ for that. Then I will have the DP auto for myself on the Saturday, (I know that is only one) and possibly buy one extra for myself then with the VQ. 

You can just do it all together if you want but you do get to go up twice if you do it your way around.  If you choose to do the Friday/Saturday way you can still buy extra's on Saturday.  You can get up to 5 each time you go up, but obviously pay for each

Ok, cool, thanks for that! So I could get 5 for my friends the first time I go up on Friday, then I could go up for more on that day if I wanted to buy even more. And of course can buy extra on Saturday. I actually do have quite a few more than 5 friends who are fellow Tom fans, but sadly I don't think I will have the money to buy them all one. I have to have a spending limit of somewhat, sadly :blush: Plus, they live all around the world, and I need to also then pay for sending the autos to them. I'm generous, but unfortunately, can't afford to be TOO generous! 

Just now, Liv said:

Ok, cool, thanks for that! So I could get 5 for my friends the first time I go up on Friday, then I could go up for more on that day if I wanted to buy even more. And of course can buy extra on Saturday. I actually do have quite a few more than 5 friends who are fellow Tom fans, but sadly I don't think I will have the money to buy them all one. I have to have a spending limit of somewhat, sadly :blush: Plus, they live all around the world, and I need to also then pay for sending the autos to them. I'm generous, but unfortunately, can't afford to be TOO generous! 

No, you need a ticket for each time you go up, whether it be a VQ or Diamond, so if you want to go twice on Friday you will need 2 VQ tickets.  I think we are getting confused, I only meant to say that it sounded like you thought you could only get 1 for yourself when you go through with your DPass.  You do only get 1 auto included in the pass but unless otherwise stated you can buy more up to the 5 max when you get your pass auto.

You can use your Diamond Pass to get your included auto and up to 4 more. So depending on how many friends you want to get autos for and / or how many extras you want to get for yourself, you can do it all at once just with your DP.

Also, keep in mind that, unless Tom is insanely busy, you can use your DP on Friday to get your auto. The Saturday part refers only to the photoshoot. If he is very busy, then only DPs up to a certain number will be allowed to queue, but I'm guessing yours will be fairly low.

Of course, going once on Friday and once again on Saturday means you get to talk to him twice - I'm sure you won't exactly mind :)

44 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

No, you need a ticket for each time you go up, whether it be a VQ or Diamond, so if you want to go twice on Friday you will need 2 VQ tickets.  I think we are getting confused, I only meant to say that it sounded like you thought you could only get 1 for yourself when you go through with your DPass.  You do only get 1 auto included in the pass but unless otherwise stated you can buy more up to the 5 max when you get your pass auto.

Oh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I understand now. 

@MarioVl thanks for that! I will keep that in mind. And yeah, that's my thinking, I want to get the chance to talk to him as much as possible. :D

• Like 1

On 07/06/2018 at 8:44 PM, Liv said:

I totally read up on the VQ thing, so don't worry. :coolthumb: And I'll re-read it over and over so it's ingrained in my mind and I know exactly what to do. :P VQ for Friday, Diamond Saturday. 

Your whole Smallville experience is so much like mine. Smallville is what I turned to every time I hit a rough patch during my school days. I watched it since the day it aired in 2001. I use to sneak in to the school library just to go on Kryptonsite.

I was actually pretty late getting into the show. I didn't discover Smallville until 2008, and that was just before I was about to start University. So I guess it helped me in my Uni days for sure. It seems like forever ago and feels like I have been there since the beginning, but I actually hadn't. I started from S1 though. I was on Kryptonsite too! 

8 minutes ago, Liv said:

Ok, so I have another query. 

At the talk, how does the audience question process work? 

You can ask them... ;)

Generally the host will ask a few then had it over to the audience. You'll get handed a microphone, ask your question directly to the guest and they'll answer you directly whilst everyone else listens in. :smile:

7 minutes ago, Liv said:

Ok, so I have another query. 

At the talk, how does the audience question process work? 

Usually the host will ask the guest a few questions at first then open it up to the audience. People put their hands up and a crew member then has a wireless microphone that they take round the room to whoever is gonna ask the next question, sometimes selected by that crew member, sometimes by the host or even the guest.

On 14/06/2018 at 12:45 AM, Mayhem said:

I just recommend not asking “will you marry me?” here :lol:

:lol: Of course I would not do that. :P Quite obvious what the answer would be since Tom is engaged. ^_^

I know that guest announcements can change until ... well, actually, right up until during the event.  With that understanding, at what point do most people sit down with the list of guests and figure out who they're going to see?

Or is it more of an evolving thing where you order DPs and Photos the moment guests you like are announced?

3 minutes ago, Pir8Jenny said:

I know that guest announcements can change until ... well, actually, right up until during the event.  With that understanding, at what point do most people sit down with the list of guests and figure out who they're going to see?

Or is it more of an evolving thing where you order DPs and Photos the moment guests you like are announced?

Everyone is different, there are many who wait until the schedule is out until they buy their photo shoots for example, but other than Diamond passes it's easiest to just list the guests you want auto's from as you go in categories - must have, would like to get and possible.  That way as they are announced you can add or subtract.  But it also depends on finances, many people will be able to just see who they want and will buy as they go, others will have a budget and will therefore adjust their lists as guests are announced.