New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

8 minutes ago, natedammit said:

And how would you know, eh? Unless, perhaps, you've been to one of my pants parties but made me promise to keep it a secret?

I've witnessed many a thing, sir. Not participated in, but witnessed a lot. And that is one thing I'm not happy to witness again. ;)

Hi guys,

Its my first time at a con. We’re going as a family, my Dad is disabled so I’ve filled in the Extra Help form to get my Step Mum the Carer Wristband but haven’t heard anything yet. It’s been said on here that extra help people can get in slightly early with gold/diamond passes to collect the carer band, will my brother and I be able to go in early with my Dad & Step Mum too or will we have to get in the standard queue (we have general entry)? 

I’ve got my photos booked with Peter Capaldi in batch 3 and Pearl Mackie in batch 1 so will they be in the morning? Also my Dad has photos with the BSG cast booked in batches 1,2&3 so will these be morning too? I know the timetable isn’t out till just before but we were curious so we could try and plan the day. So excited!!

Hi Chloe.  You have it a little confused, you can't in early with a Diamond pass, irrespective of if you have an Access pass to go with it.  The only ticket that gets you specified earlier entry is the Gold pass.  With a Access pass your father and step mother will need to go to the disabled access entrance with the required paperwork to collect the access/carers passes and they will be directed where to queue (Last year it was next to the regular entry queue).  IIRC last year those with access passes where let in first before everyone else but that's not guaranteed, though I assume personally they will do the same again.  Depending on the age of yourself and your brother, though I assume you aren't children, you will have to queue in the regular ticket holders line and join them inside somewhere.

We don't have the schedule yet so can't speculate on when the photo sessions will be happening, they will be published about a week before the event, though there can be updates so even when it's published check it again the day/night before.

18 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Hi Chloe.  You have it a little confused, you can't in early with a Diamond pass, irrespective of if you have an Access pass to go with it.  The only ticket that gets you specified earlier entry is the Gold pass.  With a Access pass your father and step mother will need to go to the disabled access entrance with the required paperwork to collect the access/carers passes and they will be directed where to queue (Last year it was next to the regular entry queue).  IIRC last year those with access passes where let in first before everyone else but that's not guaranteed, though I assume personally they will do the same again.  Depending on the age of yourself and your brother, though I assume you aren't children, you will have to queue in the regular ticket holders line and join them inside somewhere.

We don't have the schedule yet so can't speculate on when the photo sessions will be happening, they will be published about a week before the event, though there can be updates so even when it's published check it again the day/night before.

Ah ok that’s fine! We just wanted to make sure we know what to do and where to go without too much hassle. We’ll just make them wait for us if they do the same as last year. 

Thank you!! 

Edited by ChloeLouise

7 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Oh we can speculate alright, we can speculate good. I, for example, speculate that Peter will have split shoots (one AM and one PM). With batch 3 - although it will be diamond first then gold, then batches - I speculate that would still be called towards the end of the first session. Of course, you can wait until the second session if that fits in with the rest of day better. 

At the moment Pearl is up to batch 3 on the Saturday (I couldn't be bothered to check Sunday) so I would speculate she would only have one shoot. This could be at any time of the day. She has diamonds as well and has plenty of time to sell more, so she may well end up with two shoots, but as batch 1 you could go to either.

I would pretty confidently speculate that the BSG peeps would only have one shoot each, which could be at any point during the day.

A lot of people see that they have a low numbered batch and assume that must mean early in the day, but this is not necessarily the case - it just means you will be one of the first allowed into the queue during that guests allotted time slot on the schedule.

Speculation over.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Are there any restrictions on bags that you take into the Olympia like the size of bags and how many you are allowed to have with you?

I don't think there was last year if memory serves. Bag searches were done. That's all I recall, but if there is any restrictions, we'll hear closer to LFCC, R4. :smile:

• Thanks 1