New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

8 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I;ll just add that regarding any photo shoots you want to buy for guests you don't have a Diamond pass for, the order the shoots get called in is as follows:

For a Diamond guest: All Diamond pass holders first, Gold pass holders all batch numbers, regular photo shoot tickets Batch 1, then Batch 2, Batch 2 and so forth.

Non Diamond guest:  Gold pass holders all  batch numbers, regular photo shoot tickets Batch 1, then Batch 2, Batch 2 and so forth.

So as you have bought Gold passes as well it really doesn't matter what Batch you end up with for any photo shoots you buy for guests you don't have a Diamond pass for as you will join the other Gold pass people at the front, or second for Diamond guests you don't have a pass for.

If it's a guest with a huge number of batches it's possible they may call the Golds in smaller groups rather than all at once, say Golds Batches 1-5, then Golds 1- 10 to keep it manageable, but that's rare.

OK.  I bought the Gold Pass, so that simplifies things it sounds like.

11 minutes ago, TankerT said:

OK.  I bought the Gold Pass, so that simplifies things it sounds like.

It does.  Gold passes have their own entrance.  Keep an eye out for an FAQ if it's published or the Floor plan when it comes out and you can see where your door will be.

With auto's there's basically 3 levels of guests.  Diamond pass guests, guests on the VQ system, open queue guests.

Now open queue guests are usually the smaller names, Guests on the VQ will be anyone who's auto is about £20/25 and above (Who isn't a Diamond) , and the Diamond guests are the Diamond guests - we know who they are :)

An open queue guest you literally just join the queue as they are normally a bit less busy, you don't need a VQ ticket or to show your pass.

Guests on VQ's - as a Gold pass holder you don't need to get a VQ for any of them, you just show your Gold to the crew and they will let you join the queue (You may be asked to return if it's very full or if the guest is leaving for an activity before you would get to the front)

Diamond guests you don't have a Diamond pass for - now for these guests, the gold pass doesn't apply to them, so if there are any Diamond guests you want an auto from that you don't have a Diamond pass for you will need to get a VQ ticket for them and follow the system we described as above.

Let me know if any of that didn't make sense.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Diamond guests you don't have a Diamond pass for - now for these guests, the gold pass doesn't apply to them, so if there are any Diamond guests you want an auto from that you don't have a Diamond pass for you will need to get a VQ ticket for them and follow the system we described as above.

OK.  So, to make sure I follow correctly, lets use David Bradley as an example. I would like an autograph from him, but I do not have a Diamond pass for him.  Thus, I would need to get a VQ ticket for Mr. Bradley like anyone without a gold pass.  But, if I wanted an autograph from Peter Mayhew, I just queue up in the current line with those that have a VQ ticket with the current number being called.  (Is that correct?)

Also, when it comes to buying autographs, are they cash only?  And, they are paid at the guest's table?

13 minutes ago, TankerT said:

OK.  So, to make sure I follow correctly, lets use David Bradley as an example. I would like an autograph from him, but I do not have a Diamond pass for him.  Thus, I would need to get a VQ ticket for Mr. Bradley like anyone without a gold pass.  But, if I wanted an autograph from Peter Mayhew, I just queue up in the current line with those that have a VQ ticket with the current number being called.  (Is that correct?)

Also, when it comes to buying autographs, are they cash only?  And, they are paid at the guest's table?

That is correct Tanker :lol:, for Peter you go to his queue when you want, show your Gold to the crew running that line and they will let you join the back of the queue.

You can buy vouchers at the Sales desk with a card if you want but the queues are usually long and slow so I prefer to bring cash.  If you do decide to get the vouchers they work the same way as cash anyway so the procedure will be the same for both.

When you join the auto queue there will be a table about halfway down where a crew member will be sitting with all the 8x10 photo's.  You pay them for the auto's you want, and for guests you have the Diamond pass for any extra's you want, and they will give you back a chit marked with how many you are getting, then you carry on in the queue and when you get to the front and it's your turn you give the chit to the crew member who is sitting next to the guest and that's it, give the items to the guest to sign, ask for any pen colour you want that they have, have a brief chat if there's time and then gather your stuff and leave the table.  The smaller guests won't have the table mid queue so you just do the payment with the crew member sitting with the guest and they will mark the number you have paid for on a tally.

You can take a 8x10 with each auto you pay for even if you are getting your own item signed, they are essentially free as they are included in the price of the auto, though we are asked to be considerate and not take them if we don't need them so there are enough, and a good selection, left for customers who may not have brought their own item to sign.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Don’t think anyone’s asked this yet but what file format is the digital copy of a photo op you can buy online? Is it easy to save them on your computer, put on social media, save as phone wallpaper etc?

Standard .jpg I believe, so yes, very easy to do all those things.

Just now, Alexfenn11 said:

I’m currently attending in the Sunday only and am thinking of Saturday too, what are the benefits of attending for two days?

You get more worn out?

Seriously, it depends on what you want to do.  The longer you are there the more you can do, or on the reverse you can spread stuff out and be more relaxed.

Some guests are only there for 1 day so if you do both you won't miss them, if you want them that is.

On 05/04/2018 at 8:46 PM, TankerT said:

As mentioned, vouchers are available if you wish to pay by card.

But if you’re paying by cash, bring as many £5 notes as possible. They help the crew and you might get a couple of happy crew members.

I don`t want to question this but I`m going to any way. :blush::blush: What is bag policy like? at another con you have to take clear bags in but I don`t like ideal of them everyone can see personal stuff. :no: 

Also. I bought my first diamond pass, I would like to know how it works please. :smile:

Goes hides over the bag thing. j0jh2t.png