New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

15 minutes ago, fanowaty said:

That's a great one, indeed :D

For the first time in 5 years I had delayed buying my entry tickets (there was always something more pressing to spend money on), i'd even bought a couple of diamonds last week as I like having low numbers. But with this coming announcement, I wasn't even going to risk the small chance that tickets sold out. I could see it being reminiscent of Stan Lee 2014 if the actor is big enough.

Edited by tenaciouspirit

17 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

Now I got reminded of a good advice!

Before you by photo shoot tickets, talk tickets or diamond pass: BUY ENTRY TICKET! ;)

You'd be surprised how many people don't actually buy the entry ticket first. Buy the photoshoot tickets and for some reason assume that entry is included in it! :wacko:

18 hours ago, Broo said:

Also just to add, we won't know the times for photo ops until they release the schedule the week before the event :)

Edit: natedammit beat me to it on this point 

Hopefully, the times won't clash, I have 5 so far on Saturday 

Get money out before you go to the venue. Last year we thought we could use the cash machines inside which run out of money really quickly. Had to go to the sales desk which had a huge queue because their card readers weren't working properly. Won't be making that mistake again.

6 minutes ago, LisaCarter2016 said:

Hopefully, the times won't clash, I have 5 so far on Saturday 

Clashes or overlaps is always a dilemma, but usually fixed easy. Plan and incase needed speak to the pit boss and it can be solved.

1 minute ago, EllaBlair said:

Get money out before you go to the venue. Last year we thought we could use the cash machines inside which run out of money really quickly. Had to go to the sales desk which had a huge queue because their card readers weren't working properly. Won't be making that mistake again.

Lots of £5 and £10 and they love you dearly

• Like 1

15 hours ago, VikingGrrrl said:

I'm not entirely sure about the rules when it comes to children, so correct me if I'm wrong people. If you want your child with you when you get an autograph, you both need a VQ ticket, regardles if it's only you getting the auto. At photo and talks, without a ticket they can't enter the photo queue or the talk. I think I'm correct?

I phoned them before I booked my tickets and they said as he's only 7 he'll be able to queue with me without having a ticket. He wouldn't know them if he walked passed them! 

28 minutes ago, T2ggergal said:

I phoned them before I booked my tickets and they said as he's only 7 he'll be able to queue with me without having a ticket. He wouldn't know them if he walked passed them! 

My boy has been coming with me since pushchair days, he's now 13 and taller than I am. When I collect my VQ tickets I always just ask - he's queuing up with me, does he need a ticket too? Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't, but it's usually the same person at the queue when my / our number(s) come up so at least it's how they think it should be.

With photo shoots I've always been able to bring him into the area with me then basically park him by the exit (but not in the way) and collect him again on the way out - as if he's a bag! - every photo I've had, I've asked the queue staff and they've suggested that every time. This year I might leave him outside for the first time as he's 13 and will stand still as long as he can stare gormlessly at his phone.

Talks - if I buy him a ticket too, we queue together. If I don't, well then I've missed the talks. He cant come in without a ticket and I can't leave him alone there for that long.

As he's aged up he's become much more useful with holding bags and taking photos as I meet guests he doesn't know! (I do try to show him a least a little bit of that actors roles, but with some of them - Game of Thrones etc - it's difficult as it's so not suitable. I'm finally letting him see The Walking Dead this year so there's a big block of potential guests there that will mean more to him now - though its a shame we met David Morrissey together last year! It's been really fun bringing him along to meet the guests HE wants to meet though - assorted Doctors, Star Wars, Stargate guests etc - and he gets to show off to all his school friends, which is nice for him! :D

• Like 1