New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

1 hour ago, Chris1970 said:

As I have DP for Sir Tony R and I am up for my auto with him..when I am getting my auto and I want an additional one I tell the staff then (and pay for the extra auto), correct?

As easy as 1 plus 1 is...uhm...:wacko: 2 was it?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Raylenth said:

No, there is about 100 in a batch, so yes there will be however many Diamonds they have sold for that guest in front as well as all the Gold pass holders with any batch number.

Still Diamond and Gold Pass owners have to select a batch as anyone else, so Diamond/Gold photo ops aren’t actually in addition to the regular batches, they just have priority, am I right? I mean, the total number of available photo ops and batches stays the same, it’s just shared between Diamond/Gold and regular bookings. At least that’s the impression I had when booking my DP, it might be wrong.

But if it’s right, there aren’t automatically say 100 people in the batch before yours because some of them might have already taken their photos as part of their Diamond/Gold Pass. Plus Diamonds can join the queue at all times so the number of people queuing will be change from time to time. Basically there’s no way to predict how many people will be called in each numbered batch and how many people will be standing in front of you before you actually are there...

15 minutes ago, Nerd Who said:

Still Diamond and Gold Pass owners have to select a batch as anyone else, so Diamond/Gold photo ops aren’t actually in addition to the regular batches, they just have priority, am I right? I mean, the total number of available photo ops and batches stays the same, it’s just shared between Diamond/Gold and regular bookings. At least that’s the impression I had when booking my DP, it might be wrong.

But if it’s right, there aren’t automatically say 100 people in the batch before yours because some of them might have already taken their photos as part of their Diamond/Gold Pass. Plus Diamonds can join the queue at all times so the number of people queuing will be change from time to time. Basically there’s no way to predict how many people will be called in each numbered batch and how many people will be standing in front of you before you actually are there...

Not quite right.  Diamonds don't have batches and are outside the count of the ones listed on the shop.  But yes, Golds have normal batch tickets but get to go through first and second so there will be a few people missing as they have gone through in the Gold group.

• Like 1

Just a little piece of advice I thought of last night.

If you are intending to get an item multisigned, keep a list somewhere with who signed it. It sounds silly but some signatures are pretty hard to work out whilst some are obvious.  You might not think you'll forget it but years down the line, when you hopefully have lots of auto's on it, it's surprisingly easy to forget who you have on it.

So I have a word document where I have a list of all my posters, and who has signed them.  For some I have even listed where the auto is on the poster (It seems a bit overkill to do that last part but it seemed like a good idea at the time for auto's where it's not immediately obvious who's sig it is)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

If you are intending to get an item multisigned, keep a list somewhere with who signed it. It sounds silly but some signatures are pretty hard to work out whilst some are obvious.  You might not think you'll forget it but years down the line, when you hopefully have lots of auto's on it, it's surprisingly easy to forget who you have on it.

So I have a word document where I have a list of all my posters, and who has signed them.  For some I have even listed where the auto is on the poster (It seems a bit overkill to do that last part but it seemed like a good idea at the time for auto's where it's not immediately obvious who's sig it is)

Indeed, i find that very helpful as well, I keep a list of my autographs in my one book too, 15 at the moment and already 6 more to come this year...

3 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Word Document?!! You need a Spreadsheet for that kind of information!

2UZYyjd.jpg

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 3

If you scan your autographs, you could always write who signed them directly in the file name, then add something like “top left”, “bottom right” after every name to keep track of where each signature is on multisigned items. Just a quick and easy method I came up with now, never felt the need to do this as I don’t really have any obscure autos yet, but I could give it a try.

The spreadsheet is looking much more professional though :lol::P

39 minutes ago, Nerd Who said:

If you scan your autographs, you could always write who signed them directly in the file name, then add something like “top left”, “bottom right” after every name to keep track of where each signature is on multisigned items. Just a quick and easy method I came up with now, never felt the need to do this as I don’t really have any obscure autos yet, but I could give it a try.

The spreadsheet is looking much more professional though :lol::P

That's good for the smaller stuff, most of mine wouldn't fit on a scanner.

• Like 1