New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

26 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Hm, what did I miss as you woke up the mighty QS?! Just got back from a concert and things happen :wacko::blink:

Actually curious about one thing. Can a guest become Diamond later down the way?

No - at least it's never happened and I don't think it would.

7 hours ago, tompain100 said:

Just checked. Mads was announced on 27. April and Rutger on 30. April and the Diamond update post was from 30. April. So it was something that happened shortly after the announcement. Which explains why I always looked at them as Diamond guests that con.

Just been catching up on this thread and noticed the comments on carers.

I know we’re still waiting for a definite answer but for one guest I met, disabled/carers were given the same privilege as Gold Pass holders and I had 2 such individuals put in front of me when it was my turn to meet the guest.

For another guest, 1 was given a chair to sit on throughout the queue.

9 hours ago, tompain100 said:

Fair enough :lol:

1 hour ago, VikingGrrrl said:

Just checked. Mads was announced on 27. April and Rutger on 30. April and the Diamond update post was from 30. April. So it was something that happened shortly after the announcement. Which explains why I always looked at them as Diamond guests that con.

Same here.

I think it's something that's unlikely to happen now that the Diamonds are established, but as it has happened before you never know.

Attending LFCC for the first time by myself this year, I've previously done Massive Events and Collectormanias in the past but being deaf, I find it very hard to hear what's being shouted out in the queues. Is this still the same process here? How can I go about getting help with this please. 

Thanks.