New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

3 minutes ago, EllaBlair said:

They had it last year. I think they said it was 5 minutes but we barely got 50 feet inside before the rest of the crowd was allowed in. Definitely not enough time to find your way up to the next floor. They have a separate queue for the extra help wristbands. I made myself known to a member of the crew who directed me to that queue and once I showed my blue badge me and my sister were given wristbands. It seems this year you have to apply in advance for these wristbands but thats not too much of a problem. I'm just waiting until my blue badge is renewed in May to apply so it's in date when the event happens.

You clearly found the right staff member last year. I was sent to five different entrances as I couldn't find entrance H with the madness outside. Ended up bypassing security altogether. Staying just down the road at The Hilton this year, so will be getting there as early as possible this time!

17 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I'm trying to get clarification on this. As usual, that's a question where I need the office and of course it came up on the weekend.

We like finding stuff on the weekends.  Keeps everyone on their toes :lol:

As for the rest, Queen will let us know as soon as she hears back from the office.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, robmoriarty said:

You clearly found the right staff member last year. I was sent to five different entrances as I couldn't find entrance H with the madness outside. Ended up bypassing security altogether. Staying just down the road at The Hilton this year, so will be getting there as early as possible this time!

I actually ended up at the wrong entrance first! Got a taxi from where we were staying and he dropped us off at the gold pass entrance so had to go the whole way around the building. Think I did get lucky with the staff member we found. Yeah try and get there as early as possible this time. Not sure where we're staying this year, I may be in London during the week for work if my manager can swing my request and hopefully we can stay in the accomodations work has for us during the weekend. 

10 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

We like finding stuff on the weekends.  Keeps everyone on their toes :lol:

As for the rest, Queen will let us know as soon as she hears back from the office.

If the office would like an example of the effect this would have @Raylenthlast year by the time I made it to the signing area (9:40am) I got VQ #621 for Benedict. If the staff hadn't done what they could to nudge me towards the front of the VQ, this never would have happened (imagine the travesty!). :lol:

Edited by robmoriarty
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, robmoriarty said:

If the office would like an example of the effect this would have @Raylenthlast year by the time I made it to the signing area (9:40am) I got VQ #621 for Benedict. If the staff hadn't done what they could to nudge me towards the front of the VQ, this never would have happened (imagine the travesty!). :lol:

I remember we were talking about this after it happened, I hope you have a copy of this article!

Just now, Raylenth said:

Lol, nahh It's fine, I really don't expect everyone to be despite evidence to the contrary :D

It's not that I dislike him! I'm just not a huge fan of the whole Sherlock Holmes franchise (might be making things worse for myself here) and I haven't really seen him in anything else apart from the Alan Turing movie. Sooo I really have no reason to fangirl over him. Know what I mean? He does seem like a really cool guy though. My sister is a big fan and was annoyed she was too late to buy a photo last year since we decided to go about 3 weeks before the event and they were all sold out.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, robmoriarty said:

Bit off topic but I met you at last year's LFCC :) You were incredibly generous and gracious to let me (and my partner-in-convention-crime mother) look through your photo ops folder. Very cool seeing you're on here :)

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Broo said:

Bit off topic but I met you at last year's LFCC :) You were incredibly generous and gracious to let me (and my partner-in-convention-crime mother) look through your photo ops folder. Very cool seeing you're on here :)

It's always great seeing members at the con. Saw Raylenth in the BC line, and a few others dotted around.

The forum meetup was so fun as well! 

Edited by tenaciouspirit

3 minutes ago, Broo said:

I think I remember that! Thanks.:D Find me on FB if you wanna see the updated version, link is in my profile here.:thumbup:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tenaciouspirit said:

It's always great seeing members at the con. Saw Raylenth in the BC line, and a few others dotted around.

I'd been a lurker on the forum for several months before last year's LFCC (only created a profile after) and there was someone I recognised and was about to be all "Oh Hi I know you" but then realised given I'd never posted anything that might be awkward... ;)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, tenaciouspirit said:

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Someone saw me IRL!