New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

4 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

You'd be No 1 in the queue though.

I would.

Random facts: Slimer was originally called "Onion head" all through production and was only given the name 'Slimer' for the cartoon (Although the term 'Slimers' is mentioned in the film). Also, his character was meant to be a tribute to John Belushi who was originally intended to play the Venkman role before he passed away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris1970 said:

I could handle slime.. not snot ... (btw wish we could invite this as a guest) <_<

giphy.gif

On another note, there have been two people who are credited as playing Slimer in the GB films, Mark Bryan Wilson in GB1 , and Robin Shelby in GB2 (Robin also did the voice of Ms Slimer in the film we do not speak of). I have had the please to meet both and can say they are absolutely lovely people and would love to see them as guests at any SM event (along with any and all GB1984 and GB2 guests).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

I would.

Random facts: Slimer was originally called "Onion head" all through production and was only given the name 'Slimer' for the cartoon (Although the term 'Slimers' is mentioned in the film). Also, his character was meant to be a tribute to John Belushi who was originally intended to play the Venkman role before he passed away.

I think I recall he was never actually called Slimer in the film

4 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I think I recall he was never actually called Slimer in the film

In GB2, he is called Slimer in the credits, but no one refers to him as that in the actual film. But in GB one he had not been named that.

1 minute ago, wjbleming said:

You're going to need to elaborate, Wrong. Not everyone would know what you're on about. ;)

No.

1 minute ago, R4wly97 said:

I was just laughing my head off about these posts at work and now my boss wants to have a look, don’t worry guys I will stand firm I will show him nothing!!

Well it is kind of hard to explain really when you think about it.  But you should show him, he might like it and become a con nerd!

22 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Sorry to ask again but I think we were talking about the Dark Room instead, does anyone know what the game zone is like? ^_^

It's a small area full of gaming consoles. I didn't get a good enough look last year, but I did notice Guitar Hero and I think there was a Wii there, too. :smile:

Quick late night question: is there any difference between 3-day entry tickets and standard entry tickets? Do you have any advantages with 3-day entry tickets, like less queuing, or do you just save a few pounds?

Asking because I’ve bought Sat and Sun entry tickets individually, but I was considering attending Friday as well if any guests of my interest are announced for that day. So in that event would it be more convenient for me to ask for an upgrade to a 3-day ticket or just buy an additional Friday entry ticket separately? (The few extra pounds aren’t really a problem at this point, I’d only like to know if I’d miss any perks buying standard entry tickets instead of a weekend pass. Thanks if someone can help, and sorry if it was already explained somewhere else!)

You just save a few pounds. You only get your ticket scanned once and wear a wristband so you won’t need to get your hand stamped on exit.

I believe that you’ll need to contact Showmasters to make an upgrade.

Edited by Sebster118
  • Thanks 1