New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

3 minutes ago, TheBlueSpirit said:

Will a floor plan with location of the guests be released prior to the event or is it you go in and find the guest you want to meet?

Yes and no, a floor plan is usually released and it will show where the guest signing area is but it won't show where individual guests are sitting as that can change on a daily basis depending on the needs of the guests there each day, so you need to go to the auto area and look round to find where the people you want will be sitting.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Yes and no, a floor plan is usually released and it will show they guest signing area's but it won't show where individual guests are sitting as that can change on a daily basis depending on the needs of the guests there each day, so you need to go to the auto area and look round to find where the people you want will be sitting.

But the general view floorplan is very useful. But you learn pretty quick where they are and there are large posters where they sit. Cant miss them, and if you are looking for someone special just ask one of the crew. 

Edited by Chris1970
  • Like 1

Just now, R4wly97 said:

@Raylenth Am I right in thinking some of the busier guests are in rooms with regards to the autographs not at the tables?

Some are in booths rather than the normal tables, but they are still normally located in the auto area.  It's to stop us hanging around on mass gawping at them and creating a massive crowd ;)

It's normally for the really big names so I think Peter will in one, as will Meatloaf and Jason.

6 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Some are in booths rather than the normal tables, but they are still normally located in the auto area.  It's to stop us hanging around on mass gawping at them and creating a massive crowd ;)

It's normally for the really big names so I think Peter will in one, as will Meatloaf and Jason.

Plus ppl take photos all the time if they sit at ordinary tables, which can be too much. It is like going into a photo op, but signing instead of photo. :lol:

@Chris1970 I'll try to be prepared to everything and I'll keep an eye on the weather reports... I only hope that the summer heat is lower than the one we have here in Italy or I'll melt! X°D

@R4wly97 yes, I'm thinking on going only one day since I'm planning to do some sightseeing during the other days of my stay and I'm like "I want to see all the things!" :D

@Raylenth thank you very much! For the diamond (if I'll decide to buy it) I'll need to wait until I'll saved enough money for it, but if higer numbers are easily on Sunday I won't have to worry about it
I also thought about meeting other guests (Pearl, McCoy and Baker since I'm a fan of Doctor Who XD) but I don't think that I'll be able to afford it and doing everything in one day :/

Thank you all for the help! I've been here only for few hours and I already received many great advices and answers! :D

@Gloria If you’re planning on sightseeing and you’re a big Doctor Who fan I would definitely recommend going sightseeing to places such as The Tower Of London and Trafalgar Square where they’ve filmed the show. There is a Doctor Who filming locations tour that you can do in London, I’m sure they do a Harry Potter tour as well!:D

Just now, Chris1970 said:

@GloriaIf money wasnt a matter you could easy do all four in one day, I am doing 7-8 per day and I am there all three. There are those who do more. :blink:

Eh...sadly I'm unemployed so I can only rely on my savings and because of that I have to keep an eye on my expenses <___<"

Just now, R4wly97 said:

@Gloria If you’re planning on sightseeing and you’re a big Doctor Who fan I would definitely recommend going sightseeing to places such as The Tower Of London and Trafalgar Square where they’ve filmed the show. There is a Doctor Who filming locations tour that you can do in London, I’m sure they do a Harry Potter tour as well!:D

They are already on my list! :D
A Doctor Who tour? :o I didn't know about that! I only found about the ones about Harry Potter...I need to do some research for it!

2 minutes ago, Gloria said:

Eh...sadly I'm unemployed so I can only rely on my savings and because of that I have to keep an eye on my expenses <___<"

They are already on my list! :D
A Doctor Who tour? :o I didn't know about that! I only found about the ones about Harry Potter...I need to do some research for it!

Unfortunally the Dr Who exhibition in Cardiff is gone I have been told..

1 hour ago, R4wly97 said:

Don't forget Earl's Court subway station, it has an actual TARDIS outside it! lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Unfortunally the Dr Who exhibition in Cardiff is gone I have been told..

Ow...well, maybe one day I'll be able to go to another one :)

8 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

@Gloria Yeah if you Google doctor who tour london there’s loads of them, I’ve never done one so I can’t recommend which is the best, hope this helps :D

I'm already checking online for them, thank you! :)

3 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Don't forget Earl's Court subway station, it has an actual TARDIS outside it! lol

It's already on my list with the Tower of London and Trafalgar Square...and The Who Shop :D

23 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

You need VQ if you got Diamond?

For any other guest (who is on the VQ system) who you do not have a Diamond for, yes.

Basically Queen means it would be hard to get to the front of the wrong queue for a big guest as you would need a VQ to enter the queue and hopefully the crew would notice you gave them one for a different guest.