New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

1 minute ago, R4wly97 said:

@wjbleming Alright thanks I'll have a look :D

No worries. Bear in mind they are above ground so they could very well be affected on the day. Even have a look at the subway map as it would be easier. There's an overground train line at the Olympia, so you could get on the Circle or Hammersmith & City lines and change onto the District line to get off at either Earl's Court, the High Street Kensington or Olympia overground stops. The first 2 would be a short walk away with High Street Kensington being closer, if memory serves right. :smile:

I took the tube last year.  Olympia is on its own little spur off the District Line from Earl's Court.  

The platform at Earl's Court waiting for the train to Olympia was about 90% people going to LFCC.  (I could tell this from the cosplay.  And the t-shirts.  And the general excitement.)  I'm planning to do that again -- it's like the party gets started as soon as you're at Earl's Court.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pir8Jenny said:

I took the tube last year.  Olympia is on its own little spur off the District Line from Earl's Court.  

The platform at Earl's Court waiting for the train to Olympia was about 90% people going to LFCC.  (I could tell this from the cosplay.  And the t-shirts.  And the general excitement.)  I'm planning to do that again -- it's like the party gets started as soon as you're at Earl's Court.

Earl’s Court for me as well, staying at a friends house in Richmond area. I have always come from the north previous times and by Overground.  Nice with a little change. 

I'll just caution for those going Friday that the Earls court branch line to Olympia doesn't run, it's only a weekend service.

Also it might be best to wait to firm up travel plans until the month of the event at least as we are a bit far out for closures ect to be reflected on transport sites.

Edited by Raylenth

20 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I'll just caution for those going Friday that the Earls court branch line to Olympia doesn't run, it's only a weekend service.

Also it might be best to wait to firm up travel plans until the month of the event at least as we are a bit far out for closures ect to be reflected on transport sites.

Well then, walk from Earl’s :lol: I have walked from Shepherds, will be standing in queues alot so a golden chance to move around abit. :P

22 hours ago, wjbleming said:

You're best to buy your entrance ticket as soon as you can as they're known to seek out before the con.

Yep, you're right. Autographs can only be bought on the day. The only exception is pre orders for those who can't make it to the con, Gloria.

Hope that helps! :smile: And you done well with your English. Keep it up! ^_^ 

Okay! Thank you very much! :D
And thanks again, I hope to not struggle too much when I'll arrive in London XD

22 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

And if you buy a Diamond pass with a certain guest you are guaranteed an autograph, but not all guests offers Diamond Pass.

I thought about buying the Diamond pass for Capaldi...but it's a bit too expensive for me :/ I'm already "breaking my piggy bank" for plane tikets, housing & other :unsure:

22 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

Are you planning a single day or all three days?

I was thinking to going only on Sunday...since it will be also my first time in London, I'm planning to stay for a week and do some sightseeing like other turists :P

@R4wly97 LOL bBoth first-timers!:D Thank you :)
@wjbleming @Chris1970 thank you again!

Aaand I'm joining asking info for the quickest way to get to Olympia on Sunday morning~  If I'm remembering correctly, I'll be in Bayswater area (I have to check the booking for the right name of the road) and right now it's too early to find anything with GoogleMaps :P Thanks!

31 minutes ago, Gloria said:

Okay! Thank you very much! :D
And thanks again, I hope to not struggle too much when I'll arrive in London XD

I thought about buying the Diamond pass for Capaldi...but it's a bit too expensive for me :/ I'm already "breaking my piggy bank" for plane tikets, housing & other :unsure:

I was thinking to going only on Sunday...since it will be also my first time in London, I'm planning to stay for a week and do some sightseeing like other turists :P

@R4wly97 LOL bBoth first-timers!:D Thank you :)
@wjbleming @Chris1970 thank you again!

Aaand I'm joining asking info for the quickest way to get to Olympia on Sunday morning~  If I'm remembering correctly, I'll be in Bayswater area (I have to check the booking for the right name of the road) and right now it's too early to find anything with GoogleMaps :P Thanks!

Yes, it is still early days (unfortunally) but you wont find any problems getting to Olympia. Keep an eye open here closer to the event as travelling to Olympia is too early to plan. This thread will keep you updated on what will happen. And you can never ask too much, there is always someone who knows. Sunday is the ”middle day” when it comes to busy. Saturday is the most. Not too sure getting a Diamond and only coming on Sunday is the best solution but that can someone else inform you about much better. I am there all three days and I have a Diamond for a guest who is there Sat and Sun.

Olympia is like a green house, keep that in mind. It will get warm, and you wont be alone. You will need plenty of water. Bring the cash you need, many £5 notes and they will love you. That is some advice.

Edited by Chris1970

29 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Yes, it is still early days (unfortunally) but you wont find any problems getting to Olympia. Keep an eye open here closer to the event as travelling to Olympia is too early to plan. This thread will keep you updated on what will happen. And you can never ask too much, there is always someone who knows. Sunday is the ”middle day” when it comes to busy. Saturday is the most. Not too sure getting a Diamond and only coming on Sunday is the best solution but that can someone else inform you about much better. I am there all three days and I have a Diamond for a guest who is there Sat and Sun.

Olympia is like a green house, keep that in mind. It will get warm, and you wont be alone. You will need plenty of water. Bring the cash you need, many £5 notes and they will love you. That is some advice.

And maybe bring a change in T-shirt of shirt, because of the heat!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Okay! I'll keep an eye on this thread more often so I won't miss anything useful :D
I'm not really worried for how much it will be busy, I'm used to crowded conventions...but maybe it would make it a bit harder to get autographs and such :/
But I'll remember about the £5 notes!

If someone could tell me some more about Diamond, that would be nice...even if maybe I can't afford to spend that much money on it XD

I'll surely take with me a water bottle...also because I usually can't stand summer heat. <___< and because of that, how is summer in London? So I'll know what to pack for the week :)

51 minutes ago, Kurdamoni said:

And maybe bring a change in T-shirt of shirt, because of the heat!

I'll do it!

Thank you @Chris1970 and @Kurdamoni! :D

• Like 1

@GloriaWe do our very best! We are like one big family here and we help eachother as much as we can. ^_^

London can be warm, sunny and then cold and rainy. Hard to tell, I have been through all. Keep an eye on the reports a few days before. Olympia IS warm, glass roof and all so some deo and as @Kurdamoniwrote..bring a t-shirt change. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Gloria said:

If someone could tell me some more about Diamond, that would be nice...even if maybe I can't afford to spend that much money on it XD

The Diamond passes are intended to guarantee you the activities they have included and diamond pass holders get priority for those activities.  The activities included can take place over the entire event so they are not intended as a fast pass to get things done in one day.  The terms and what is included are laid out in the guest's announcement and on the ticket page so make sure you read them to know what you get and what day things take place.  If you buy one for Peter for example you can see the talk is on Sunday and at check out you select which day you want your photo on.  Auto's are called each day in batches, Diamonds first before VQ ticket holders and you can go through any time after your's has been called.  If an activity is happening on a day you are not attending you cannot be refunded for that unused portion.  Most people worry about getting the auto as that is the activity that's hardest to pin down as the talk and photo you know what day they will be.  If you have a high number on your pass (which you find out when you collect it, but the later you buy it the higher it will be) then you may find you aren't called until the Sunday if the guest is really slow and doesn't get through many people - this means that if people want to do it in a day and are only coming Saturday for example, they might have difficulty if their number isn't reached on that day.  However if you have a high number and are coming on Sunday you would be fine as long as you select your photo for that day, and you know his talk is Sunday as well.  Peter's package includes:

This package includes:1 x Exclusive Peter Capaldi Diamond Pass Dog Tag. 

1 x Standard Photo Opportunity with Peter Capaldi on Saturday or Sunday. Day to be chosen at check out. These are limited per day and once the order is confirmed the day can NOT be changed. 

1 x Guaranteed in-person autograph with Peter Capaldi. This can be on either your own personal item or a 10x8 supplied by us.  No virtual queue ticket is required, however Diamond Pass Holders will be called by number. Your number can be found on your pass. 

1 x Priority seat at the Peter Capaldi talk. This will take place on Sunday 29th July 2018 (time to be confirmed nearer the show). 1 x Limited London Film & Comic Con Peter Capaldi Print. 1 x Limited London Film & Comic Con Peter Capaldi mug. 

Edited by Raylenth
  • Thanks 1

@GloriaYou can do alot in one day and if you are just meeting Mr. Capaldi you really wont have to stress. Autographs are paid for on the day and if there are some photo ops left they are being sold then too on the day but I would advice to consider to pre-book if you really want a photo with a guest.

Edited by Chris1970
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheBlueSpirit said:

Will a floor plan with location of the guests be released prior to the event or is it you go in and find the guest you want to meet?

Floorplan was released last year so I am sure it will be this year too, my guess around the same time as the schedule is released, or just prior to it.

Edited by Chris1970