New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

Actually this has just reminded me what I’ve been meaning to ask, does LFCC have cosplay competitions? I’ve always enjoyed watching them and seeing what people have come as?

Edited by R4wly97

19 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Oh no, you don't want it to be too nice. The Olympia can get very hot. Then the smell really gets going.

I find a quick spray of this on Thursday morning:

loreal-men-expert-invincible-96-hours-an

And I'm good to go right through to end of play Sunday. Don't even need to shower between days. 

B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

OK question about water bottles: some people have mentioned not bringing a glass bottle inside. Will a stainless steel bottle be OK? I have bought one because I want to cut down on plastic waste, any chance it might not be allowed?

I think it will be fine White.  I don't think there's a specific prohibition on glass, but it's easier to steer away from it in case they refuse it entry but I think a metal one will be ok as if you did feel like whacking any one with it, it wouldn't break like glass.

But QS will let us know if she thinks otherwise

Hi~
This will be my first time at LFCC and I have few questions...maybe someone already asked them before but, well, I have to admit that I didn't read all eleven pages of this thread :P

How long before the convention should I buy the ticket? Like...right now or I could still find them even few weeks before LFCC?
And I saw that the tickets for the photo sessions with the guests are sold online but how it works for autographs? I think that I read in the first pages of this thread that you could get them only at the convention...right?

Thank you in advance and sorry if my English is a bit crappy, but it's been years since last time I studied it and my grammar&vocabulary are a bit rusty ^_^

11 minutes ago, Gloria said:

How long before the convention should I buy the ticket? Like...right now or I could still find them even few weeks before LFCC?

You're best to buy your entrance ticket as soon as you can as they're known to seek out before the con.

11 minutes ago, Gloria said:

And I saw that the tickets for the photo sessions with the guests are sold online but how it works for autographs? I think that I read in the first pages of this thread that you could get them only at the convention...right?

Yep, you're right. Autographs can only be bought on the day. The only exception is pre orders for those who can't make it to the con, Gloria.

Hope that helps! :smile: And you done well with your English. Keep it up! ^_^ 

1 minute ago, wjbleming said:

You're best to buy your entrance ticket as soon as you can as they're known to seek out before the con.

Yep, you're right. Autographs can only be bought on the day. The only exception is pre orders for those who can't make it to the con, Gloria.

Hope that helps! :smile: And you done well with your English. Keep it up! ^_^ 

And if you buy a Diamond pass with a certain guest you are guaranteed an autograph, but not all guests offers Diamond Pass.

18 minutes ago, Gloria said:

Hi~
This will be my first time at LFCC and I have few questions...maybe someone already asked them before but, well, I have to admit that I didn't read all eleven pages of this thread :P

Thank you in advance and sorry if my English is a bit crappy, but it's been years since last time I studied it and my grammar&vocabulary are a bit rusty ^_^

Are you planning a single day or all three days?

Can anyone recommend the best and preferably quickest way to get the Olympia from King's Cross Station, especially if there's this bike race happening on the Sunday morning? I have looked at the various ways to get there but I wondered if any of the LFCC veterans could recommend the route they normally take?