New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

Yes, the number on your pass is based on when you ordered it, they don't assign them on who collects first.

Cough *Cumber No 1 ticket* for buying the microsecond they went on sale :whistling:

Edited by Raylenth

3 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

This is probably a stupid question but what’s the difference in getting a diamond pass for a guest, buying a ticket for an autograph and photo shoot session and just buying a vq ticket on the day?

A diamond Pass is the only way to be guaranteed an autograph of a Diamond Pass guests.

Also you don't buy the VQ tickets, you pick them up. You pay for the autograph after your VQ number has been called.

I know this isn't a question, but if there is 2 pieces of advice I can give to newbies:

Bring Deodorant. You will sweat your giblets off with the amount of people that attend and you don't want to meat your idol with a whiff. If in doubt, find me, I always have a supply :D

Bring water. You may have to have an empty bottle upon entry (can't exactly remember what the word was on that last year), but ask any of the restaurants to fill out for you or fill from anywhere you can find. I had a bad time being quite dehydrated a couple of years back at LFCC and the con didn't end too well for me. KEEP HYDRATED!

Bring lots of £5 notes if you can.  When you pay for your auto's the crew will love you if you give them fivers.

You can buy auto vouchers with a card at the sales desk which you then hand over in place of cash for your auto's but to be hones the sales desk queue's are always huge and slow so if you can, take cash.

1 hour ago, Briscoefilms said:

Bring water. You may have to have an empty bottle upon entry (can't exactly remember what the word was on that last year), but ask any of the restaurants to fill out for you or fill from anywhere you can find. I had a bad time being quite dehydrated a couple of years back at LFCC and the con didn't end too well for me. KEEP HYDRATED!

I’ve been able to bring unopened bottles in to previous events and had no issues.

• Like 1

My advice would be to check the timetables (photo shoot/talk etc) before you go, but always make sure to check again as close to the show as you can - they can and do change, nothing worse than getting to the photo shoot area when you THINK it is only to find it had been changed.

Does anyone know how the autograph pre-orders work? Like the ones you can get if you’re not attending the convention? If you pay to pre-order an autograph from a guest are you guaranteed to get one sent to you after the convention has finished?

56 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Does anyone know how the autograph pre-orders work? Like the ones you can get if you’re not attending the convention? If you pay to pre-order an autograph from a guest are you guaranteed to get one sent to you after the convention has finished?

Usually yes.  I will be honest and say that there were issues with the service last year but I believe changes are being made for this years LFCC and most people did get what they wanted.  I say most because IIRC there were a couple of people who didn't get the auto on the 8x10 they wanted but they may have run out of the one they wanted on the day.  It does happen unfortunately.

19 hours ago, Sebster118 said:

I’ve been able to bring unopened bottles in to previous events and had no issues.

I've brought a half-filled bottle and had no problem. Of course it was in my bag so not visible, but I didn't notice any signs or any crew saying anything about water bottle restrictions.

What I do, because I'm going to need a lot of water and I don't want to carry a f-ton of bottles, is I bring 1 bottle with me and when that runs out I buy more. It would probably be cheaper to bring all the water I need from the start, but I don't want to have to carry that much weight around, so it's a reasonable trade-off for me.