New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

1 minute ago, Kyle Whisper said:

Is there a way to upgrade my photoshoot and talk with peter capaldi to a diamond pass?

Yep, you just email shop@showmastersevents.com and ask them to upgrade you. :smile: (Having your order number help, as far as I know)

5 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

What is the ideal time to get to the convention to minimise queuing at the entrance? I’m attending LFCC on the Sunday with the Peter Capaldi diamond pass?

If it's just Peter you are concerned about you don't need to, you are guaranteed the included items so as long as you are in the building in time for his first activity you don't need to be there super early.  About a week before the event they will publish the schedule so you can see what time your photo session will be at.  If it's just for Peter I'd suggest being there around 8/8.30 so you can pick up your pass and get scanned in via the entry queue.

If you want other big name guests then it's advisable to arrive as early as possible to be in with a chance as you will need to get VQ tickets for them.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Thanks for the info Raylenth, so because it’s my first time at LFCC, if I don’t know my way around the Olympia very well and I miss my pass number being called for the autograph or photo shoot session, will they let me rejoin the queue?

You can't miss your turn for autographs. Just go after your number is called.

It is similar for photosessions, under the condition that you are there before the session ends.

Thanks for the reply Queen_Sindel , I’m assuming there will be stewards or maps around the convention to point me in the right direction if I don’t know where to go?

They usually post a map of the venue here on the forum a couple of days before the event

• Like 1

1 minute ago, R4wly97 said:

Thanks for the reply Queen_Sindel , I’m assuming there will be stewards or maps around the convention to point me in the right direction if I don’t know where to go?

There will be a plan published but it won't have where each guest will be sitting on it, just where the signing area will be - you then need to go there and find the guests.  The photo area's will be clearly marked as well.  

There are plenty of crew around and they will all have show tshirts on so will be easy to spot.

A piece of advice that is worth repeating until we all know it off by heart is: If you have any issues on the day speak to the crew as they may be able to fix it for you!   In each area there will be a Pit Boss, who is basically in charge of the area and they will be wearing a red tshirt.  If the crew can't resolve your issue speak to the Pit Boss but be aware they will be very busy so it's best to try the regular crew first.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Clyde said:

What’s Friday like as for the first this year I am going to go all 3 days and wondering if Friday might be suitable for my autistic son 

I found Friday last year to be a busy, but a quiet busy day. :smile:

The diamond passes you collect on the day, do you get to keep them?

Yep. ^_^

That’s great! Also my sister is coming to LFCC and she’s got the diamond pass as well, I bought them so will the numbers on both passes be consecutive, meaning her autograph and photo shoot session will be directly before/after mine or is it random?

That’s great! Also my sister is coming to LFCC and she’s got the diamond pass as well, I bought them so will the numbers on both passes be consecutive, meaning her autograph and photo shoot session will be directly before/after mine or is it random?

If you bought them in one order they will most likely be consecutive.

Same order? Then it should be consecutive, yes.

Neither photo shoots don't go by exact number though, it's always groups. You will be able to stick with your sister.

If they were bought at the same time, it is likely.

It’s usually first come, first served.

I bought a Diamond Pass a week before last year’s event and got a high number.

I’ve only bought one other Diamond Pass (as well as one for Capaldi), so others may know better than I do.