Latest Guest Announcement - MEAT LOAF

showmasters

So I guess this is what it would take for me to come back! I shall be there. For those asking about Bat Out Of Hell, I'd be extremely, extremely surprised if he refused to sign it. I'll be bringing vinyls of BOOH and BOOH II, along with a vinyl of Rocky Horror. However, just like someone like Patrick Stewart, if you brought him someone else, I think he'd be really interested to see it. BOOH and BOOH II are without question the pinaccles of his career, but I've occasionally enjoyed some of his other work - Hang Cool Teddy Bear wasn't bad, for example.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CatherineRice said:

Oh I see. It's been edited since it was first posted. 

Yes. The initial announcement . which was "no Funkos" only - prompted a lot of discussions on Twitter and Facebook how to get around that, and that was by trying to get the plastic stuff signed. It was then made clear that the work around wasn't going to work either.

On 05/03/2018 at 9:00 PM, MikeDonovan said:

So I guess this is what it would take for me to come back! I shall be there. For those asking about Bat Out Of Hell, I'd be extremely, extremely surprised if he refused to sign it. I'll be bringing vinyls of BOOH and BOOH II, along with a vinyl of Rocky Horror. However, just like someone like Patrick Stewart, if you brought him someone else, I think he'd be really interested to see it. BOOH and BOOH II are without question the pinaccles of his career, but I've occasionally enjoyed some of his other work - Hang Cool Teddy Bear wasn't bad, for example.

Yeah, I know when I got my Dishonored poster signed by Michael Madsen back at LFCC in 2014, he was surprised that someone would do that instead of bringing in the typical stuff he gets would do i.e. Free Willy, Resevoir Dogs etc.

By the way, I got my Hits Out Of Hell to get Meat to sign!!! I am so happy!!! XD28876341_2037238949624198_1805323153_o.j 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Ollsswoggle said:

This may be a silly question as I know it isn't stated but thought I'd double check, his Diamond Pass doesn't come with an exclusive print does it? 

No, you get a mug.

The contents of the "pass package" are always given in the first post. No hidden additions or substitutions. ;)

• StuartG2198 unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a heads up for people, I notice that his photoshoot for Saturday has now sold out according to the Eventbrite page. The option for a Saturday still seems to be available to select with the Diamond pass but perhaps it wouldn’t go through if you went ahead and purchased. Having already bought one I’m not trying it to find out. Friday and Sunday are still available.

15 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

Just a heads up for people, I notice that his photoshoot for Saturday has now sold out according to the Eventbrite page. The option for a Saturday still seems to be available to select with the Diamond pass but perhaps it wouldn’t go through if you went ahead and purchased. Having already bought one I’m not trying it to find out. Friday and Sunday are still available.

They would have set an amount aside for the Saturday Diamonds on top of the regular batches, so if they aren't listed as sold out then there will still be some available. 

7 hours ago, Raylenth said:

They would have set an amount aside for the Saturday Diamonds on top of the regular batches, so if they aren't listed as sold out then there will still be some available. 

That's what happens. That's also the reason why sometimes Saturday Diamond photos have no option anymore and single photos are still available.

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, Sallender said:

Is he definately attending his recovery from major back surgery has been slow and he has not been online for months

Unless there's a cancellation thread (which there's not), he's definitely attending, Sall. :smile:

5 hours ago, wjbleming said:

Unless there's a cancellation thread (which there's not), he's definitely attending, Sall. :smile:

Hope all is well with Meat he is a trooper and will go if he can  personally I think he should put his health first....his fans will be there whatever.....

Edited by Sallender

18 hours ago, OnTheWall said:

Just bought my Diamond Pass at the weekend.  Trying to decide what to take for him to sign... I'm contemplating my Bat III album, but I'm sure I read somewhere that Meat really doesn't like that album?

The mods have not been made aware of any restrictions about items he will not sign.

17 hours ago, Sallender said:

Lets wait and see if he makes it...still question mark over his health

Yes, if we can please do that it would be great. As it's already been said, if there is any change to the situation an update will be posted immediately. Repeatedly posting about his health issues is only going to make people worry unnecessarily.

28 minutes ago, Kurdamoni said:

I didn’t know his Health was that bad? :o

I have found one interview where it says he is undergoing a series of surgeries for back issues, and he's getting around with a walker. That's it.

And that is the reason why I have asked to stop these repeated posts about health issues because the way this is constantly brought up here one could think way worse than the situation is according to the man himself.

No one wants to insist that he attend if he's not up for it.  However on the flip side he was booked knowing that he was having his surgery and obviously felt confident about his recovery and ability to attend otherwise he wouldn't have agreed to come.  He and his management will be liaising with Showmasters about his health/recovery and ability to attend and Showmasters will make any announcements about his attendance if they need to as soon as they have any info.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Thanks Raylenth, you saved me a lot of typing.

I have removed some posts here because after people started to get worried they actually sent some people in outright panic now.

The guest announcement was made after the surgery took place like Raylenth has said. So his recovery period has certainly been taken into account.

If the situation changes an update will be posted like I already said. I repeat, that is an "if". There have been guests with back problems and using walkers attending in the past. SM do know how to make them comfortable even under those circumstances.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Every situation is unique I appreciate, but if it helps at all (apologies @Queen_Sindel if it doesn't!!) my mum has in recent weeks had two pretty heavy-duty back surgeries and she is able enough to go to lfcc (just at a gentler pace is all ;) ), which will require a lot more walking than what an attending guest will likely do. Like I say, just if that helps

• Like 1