Latest Guest Announcement - MEAT LOAF

showmasters

2 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

If there's any exceptions known they are posed when the announcement goes up - like the Shining twins not being able to sign Funkos.

Thanks Queen Sindel, I was worried that's all, but you've put my mind on it now and I'll get him to sign both vinyl record covers since I am a huge fan of both his work and Rocky Horror :D

This is mind blowing,I've been a fan since I bought my very first record,I'd do anything but I won't do that back in the early 90 s and I have all his albums.ive seen him live 4 times,and to have the chance to meet him is a dream come true.ive been going to conventions for over 20 years and this is the biggest guest,I'm overjoyed.im just off to purchase my diamond pass,thanks show masters .

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Namine said:

Thanks Queen Sindel, I was worried that's all, but you've put my mind on it now and I'll get him to sign both vinyl record covers since I am a huge fan of both his work and Rocky Horror :D

QS doesn't mean he definitely won't refuse to sign something, just that no restrictions have been made aware to Showmasters at this time. If you have heard that he doesn't like signing Bat out of Hell it may be worth doing more research before you shell out on the vinyl.

2 hours ago, natedammit said:

QS doesn't mean he definitely won't refuse to sign something, just that no restrictions have been made aware to Showmasters at this time. If you have heard that he doesn't like signing Bat out of Hell it may be worth doing more research before you shell out on the vinyl.

This is true, but I'm not sure why he wouldn't sign it. For his musical career it is widely regarded as his best album, and he recently fully endorsed the musical that was made out of it.

2 hours ago, Wrong Name said:

This is true, but I'm not sure why he wouldn't sign it. For his musical career it is widely regarded as his best album, and he recently fully endorsed the musical that was made out of it.

Are you calling Namine's facebook friend a liar?

Well I for my part had not heard him of refusing to sign something either. But it is fully possible that for example he refused to sign it for a professional autograph hound once because he knew it would end up on ebay anyway. Then someone saw that and the news travelled. If people don't know the background of the refusal a wrong impression is entirely possible.

5 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Are you calling Namine's facebook friend a liar?

Not at all. There could be reason that he wouldn't sign it at the time, such as him promoting the theatre show so he might have only been signing those items. I could be wrong as well. I said that I'm not sure why he wouldn't. There could be a very good one that I am unaware of. 

Edit: Also, the things QS said.

Edited by Wrong Name

9 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Well I for my part had not heard him of refusing to sign something either. But it is fully possible that for example he refused to sign it for a professional autograph hound once because he knew it would end up on ebay anyway. Then someone saw that and the news travelled. If people don't know the background of the refusal a wrong impression is entirely possible.

Yeah, I know several celebrities are doing that now, not signing things that will end up on eBay, which is a smart move, I mean look at Robert Englund back in 2016, one guy in front of me in the queue, literally had a suitcase full of memrobilia for him to sign and I think poor Robert knew it was gonna be sold on a site like eBay. Also, Meat could have had an off day, like so many people I've talked to have said, look at William Shatner for instance, he'll sign say for example TJ Hooker at one convention, yet at another, he'll refuse outright. 

It's the same when Sir Roger Moore was alive, he refused sometimes to sign things that were James Bond related. At the end of the day, I guess it's up to the discretion of the guest at LFCC/Collectormania etc that are there.

Very excited to hear about the announcement of Meat Loaf.  I only hope that, given his recent health problems, he will actually be able to attend, and will not have to pull out later on.  But of course, his health has to come first.

18 minutes ago, SilvaNemesis said:

Probably a daft question (and I don't know if it's being asked, I'm too lazy ot trawl all the way through)... will he sign CDs as well as film related stuff?

If there was anything he wasn't able to sign it'd be in the original post, Silva. The sisters going to Collectormania are and example of this. If anything changes, it'll be posted on here, social media and/or on the day. :smile:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wjbleming said:

If there was anything he wasn't able to sign it'd be in the original post, Silva. The sisters going to Collectormania are and example of this. If anything changes, it'll be posted on here, social media and/or on the day. :smile:

Thank you :) I'm not sure who the sisters are but I'll head on over to the CM forum now and have a look, thanks again for your help! :)

5 minutes ago, SilvaNemesis said:

Thank you :) I'm not sure who the sisters are but I'll head on over to the CM forum now and have a look, thanks again for your help! :)

The Shining twins, they aren't signing Funko's or anything used to store/protect Funko's.

16 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

The Shining twins, they aren't signing Funko's or anything used to store/protect Funko's.

I just had a read, I'm still none the wiser at to whom they are now to be honest, but I don't blame them not signing pop figures of themselves, I wouldn't if it were me. Horrid little bug eyed things. I took one for Pam Anderson to sign, because it was at that point the only figure of her I could find, then I discovered the VIP Vallery Irons figure which has her likeness so I took that instead, it's one of my favourite pieces now, signed on the bubble. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SilvaNemesis said:

Probably a daft question (and I don't know if it's being asked, I'm too lazy ot trawl all the way through)... will he sign CDs as well as film related stuff?

"Trawl all the way through"? We're only on the third page. Blooming millennials.

• Haha 1

Finally I can meet the man who I can safely say is responsible for being first live performance I ever went to see, and along with fifty other people was sick part way through as they had the volume too loud so they had to turn it down a bit...!:lol: