Latest Guest Announcement - KATIE LEUNG

showmasters

Great announcement.

On a serious note, will Katie get a minder? I suggest this as there were a lot of jealous female Harry Potter fans giving her a lot of grief after she got to kiss Daniel Radcliffe so for Katie's sake and her enjoyment at LFCC, can a firm eye and ear be kept on this during the convention please and any abusive people be shown the door?

Edited by Chris C
clarification of sentence

1 minute ago, Chris C said:

Great announcement.

On a serious note, will Katie get a minder? I suggest this as there were a lot of jealous female Harry Potter fans giving her a lot of grief after she got to kiss Daniel Radcliffe so for Katie's sake and her enjoyment at LFCC, can a firm eye and ear be kept on this during the convention please and any abusive people be shown the door?

You don't need to worry about stuff like this Chris, the organisers are very aware of things like this and will provide security to anyone who needs it.

• 3 months later...
On 4/3/2018 at 8:59 PM, Chris C said:

there were a lot of jealous female Harry Potter fans giving her a lot of grief after she got to kiss Daniel Radcliffe 

Is this still a thing? It was years ago!

HP Fans always knew her character kisses Harry in the books though before the films were made so why get upset about it? If anyone would be jealous I'd have thought it would have been the 1000s of other applicants who didn't land the role.

1 hour ago, nicky said:

Is this still a thing? It was years ago!

HP Fans always knew her character kisses Harry in the books though before the films were made so why get upset about it? If anyone would be jealous I'd have thought it would have been the 1000s of other applicants who didn't land the role.

We're talking over ten years ago now, bless the poor girl if she's still getting grief for it!

But she was honestly so lovely! First Ravenclaw I've had the privilege of meeting and she was happy to chat for a while before signing my picture. Absolute sweetie!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Faerie Tanith said:

We're talking over ten years ago now, bless the poor girl if she's still getting grief for it!

But she was honestly so lovely! First Ravenclaw I've had the privilege of meeting and she was happy to chat for a while before signing my picture. Absolute sweetie!

Yes, Katie was very nice to talk to.

Racism is a topic Katie does bring up in her interviews: http://www.heraldscotland.com/arts_ents/14273569.Katie_Leung_on_life_after_Harry_Potter_and_battling_racist_stereotypes/.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/harry-potter-actress-katie-leung-i-regularly-experience-racism/

Not all HP fans will have read the books or even if they had, they still got jealous. Yes, it was a while ago but given what happened to Katie (who took a break from acting in response).

We do live in the age of trolls (hopefully this age is fading as a lot of message boards, like You Tube comments section, are self policing with most reasonable people no longer accepting any troll comments to stand) and given the size of LFCC, some spiteful person could have been tempted to yell some unpleasant words at Katie and disappear into the crowd (just like trolls try to do on-line). Other conventions nowadays have a big sign at the entrance warning anyone who is abusive to guests (so I presume not just Katie is a potential target for vindictive people) will be removed with no refund of their ticket cost (as it should be).

Edited by Chris C
Correcting punctuation.

I found Katie to be a timid little thing when I met her but cute and lovely at the same time. I narrowly missed out on her photoshoot because I was preoccupied with another one but I got it. Here's hoping they have more harry potter guests next year e.g. Tom Felton and Bonnie Wright!