Nichelle Nichols

Tony1975

I also had Nichelle as one of my allocated autographs. It looked a bit dodgy looking at the queue Sunday afternoon especially as I was keen to go to the Life on the Promenade talk. But just after the talk the queue had gone down and I managed to get in without a long wait. So I was lucky I guess, just the right time.

5 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Hulk means the people who had her autograph included as part of their package allotment and if they were only there Saturday, thus effectively loosing out on one of their auto's -  they won't be refunded but if they had of gone to the organisers desk and explained they weren't able to attend on Sunday and could Nichelle be substituted with another guest they may have been able to do something.  Of course, with a weekend package ticket it's also not the organisers fault if an attendee isn't/can't do the whole weekend so it's a tough one.  However if anyone did find themselves in that situation (And I've not seen anyone say they were) it's down to the old issue - talk to them there as it can't be sorted after the show is over.

That makes sense Rey I never thought about them being included in the packages. From what brooketessmacherfan said in his post it seems that they were substituting people if they wanted which was good. I do think the situation Hulk described would be unlikely in that that people would be unlikely to buy a package and not attend at least Saturday and Sunday but I suppose it is possible.

I would of happily taken another guest in the place of nichelle on Saturday which I explained to the staff at the event but they would not have it and told to email the event organisers for a refund which I knew I had little or no chance of getting. They even turned away a poor guy who had paid for a autograph for a guest and then he realised the guest was on his lanyard as a free autograph. Handled very badly by the people on the day. But they already got my money I suppose so hey ho.

Edited by hulk2099
Typo

1 hour ago, hulk2099 said:

which I explained to the staff at the event

Who did you speak to? If you are sure you are in the right you need to try and speak to someone as high up as possible. Of course, as Raylenth pointed out above, it is a weekend event and Nichelle was back on the Sunday, so the opportunity was there for you to get what you were owed. 

1 hour ago, hulk2099 said:

They even turned away a poor guy who had paid for a autograph for a guest and then he realised the guest was on his lanyard as a free autograph.

That sounds like it was very much his mistake and not something that he should necessarily expect to have rectified.

• Like 1

I spoke to a steward in a red t-shirt at the tickets and info tables. To be honest she sent really know what was happening and had to ask her guvnor.ive learned that certain packages are just not for me at the end of the day.just got to swallow the loss and move on.its not the 1st time I've lost out at a event.i should know better lol.