Nichelle Nichols

Tony1975

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I was very saddened to read this, I know the implications all too well, my mum has it. I truly hope she can make it to this event, she's a really lovely lady! I was lucky enough to see her a few years back in Milton Keynes. I had two photos signed and a picture with her and she was very kind and gracious, and they are some of my most treasured.

• 2 months later...

Nichelle wasn’t well today and unfortunately was not able to attend. Showmasters have stated that assuming she is well enough to attend tomorrow all Saturday photoshoot tickets will be valid for Sunday. Any Saturday tickets not used for the Sunday shoots will be automatically refunded. I wish her well and hope she gets better soon. She really did not look well at all when I met her on Friday. 

• Like 2

Really disappointed that Nichelle couldn't make it. I was waiting on and off all day by the autograph area for updates. I was in two minds whether to go as she was the main reason I was going and I had heard that she wasn't in the best of health. I hope she is feeling better soon.

Edited by Tony1975

1 hour ago, Ravogd said:

Delighted to say Nichelle is feeling better and is here today. Photoshoot at 11.45 will be honouring Saturday tickets.

That's great news to hear. Sadly I was Saturday only. Hopefully I will get chance of meeting her and getting her autograph another time.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tony1975 said:

That's great news to hear. Sadly I was Saturday only. Hopefully I will get chance of meeting her and getting her autograph another time.

I could be wrong but I think it has been stated this is her last event because of her declining health?

Edited by Raylenth

Just now, hulk2099 said:

can anything be done for the people who paid to have her autograph yesterday and are not there today? i.e pass holders? also glad to hear shes feeling better :-)

cheers

That's one for the people on site, they would have needed to go and speak to the people on the organisers booth to sort it out whilst they were there.

2 hours ago, hulk2099 said:

can anything be done for the people who paid to have her autograph yesterday and are not there today? i.e pass holders? also glad to hear shes feeling better :-)

cheers

I think it would be great idea if SM could maybe try to get her to sign a batch of photos. They could be put up online for sale on a strictly first come first served basis. Maybe have the proceeds go to charity?

11 hours ago, hulk2099 said:

cheers

You can’t pre pay for an autograph (apart from the send in service) so that wont actually be an issue but people who have paid for a Saturday photograph will be automatically refunded according to the organisers. Now I’ll be honest here and admit that due to the inevitable confusion of 2 days worth of people queueing for one photo shoot and us getting rushed in due to my partner’s disability they forgot to scan our tickets so we will be getting a refund that we don’t deserve. This will now be getting donated to an altzeimers charity. I know it hurts for the poor people that couldn’t make the Sunday and will get a refund but make that hurt do some good and donate your cash to a similar charity. You won’t have your pic with Nichelle but you’ll be doing so much good for others.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ravogd said:

You can’t pre pay for an autograph (apart from the send in service) so that wont actually be an issue but people who have paid for a Saturday photograph will be automatically refunded according to the organisers. Now I’ll be honest here and admit that due to the inevitable confusion of 2 days worth of people queueing for one photo shoot and us getting rushed in due to my partner’s disability they forgot to scan our tickets so we will be getting a refund that we don’t deserve. This will now be getting donated to an altzeimers charity. I know it hurts for the poor people that couldn’t make the Sunday and will get a refund but make that hurt do some good and donate your cash to a similar charity. You won’t have your pic with Nichelle but you’ll be doing so much good for others.

Hulk means the people who had her autograph included as part of their package allotment and if they were only there Saturday, thus effectively loosing out on one of their auto's -  they won't be refunded but if they had of gone to the organisers desk and explained they weren't able to attend on Sunday and could Nichelle be substituted with another guest they may have been able to do something.  Of course, with a weekend package ticket it's also not the organisers fault if an attendee isn't/can't do the whole weekend so it's a tough one.  However if anyone did find themselves in that situation (And I've not seen anyone say they were) it's down to the old issue - talk to them there as it can't be sorted after the show is over.

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

Hulk means the people who had her autograph included as part of their package allotment and if they were only there Saturday, thus effectively loosing out on one of their auto's -  they won't be refunded but if they had of gone to the organisers desk and explained they weren't able to attend on Sunday and could Nichelle be substituted with another guest they may have been able to do something.  Of course, with a weekend package ticket it's also not the organisers fault if an attendee isn't/can't do the whole weekend so it's a tough one.  However if anyone did find themselves in that situation (And I've not seen anyone say they were) it's down to the old issue - talk to them there as it can't be sorted after the show is over.

I had Nichelle as one of my allocated autographs in my commander package. Tried to get her on the Saturday but she wasn’t there because she wasn’t well.  On the Sunday,  I tried to get her in the afternoon as has no time on Sunday morning because of panels & photos and the crew member for Nichelle said I could either join her queue but because she was still not fully 100% it wasn’t guaranteed I’d get her autograph,  I could swap it if I wanted too for Jayne Brook’s (from Star Trek: Discovery) autograph.

so I decided to get Jayne’s autograph instead to avoid running out of time to get her autograph if Nichelle had to leave after being in her queue for ages