Old photoshoots

kurt2997

Hi all

It has been many years since I have been on here (I think a decade!!) and I'm sure I created a thread on this topic back then but I can't find it... anyway it is about old photoshoots. I attended Autographica in 2012 and met three astronauts, one of which was Buzz Aldrin and also Charlie Duke and Edgar Mitchell. I got my photos printed there and then and that was that. I then stored the photos away and never saw them again, I have looked high and low and moved house a few times in the meantime and I simply cannot find them. I sent numerous emails to Dave from Autographica who copied in Giles, their then photographer. Dave replied once and said that they did not have the database of the old photographer who took the photos and if thatc changes he would let me know. Well years have passed and nothing has ever materialised. My question is - does anyone have the details of the old photographer or can offer any advice at all? As you can imagine, I am DESPERATE to get hold the photos. I have been checking the photoshoot page on here a few times a year but it they are not there. Any help at all, would be so appreciated. Thanks all, Alex (a disappointed autographer!)

PS

I have posted this in another section of the forum to maximise my chances of finally getting this resolved!!

I will now check here regularly but my email is kurtcobain2997@hotmail.com

Edited by kurt2997

Hello Kurt,

as Raylenth has posted, all photoshoots that have JPEGs available can be downloaded at the link she provided.

Seeing the photos you are looking for are not on there I'm afraid the situation has not changed and the old database is not available. You can try contacting the office at info@showmastersonline.com, but I would be surprised if they can give you different info to what Dave had told you.

• 3 years later...

Hi all, its been a few years since I have been on here and I was wondering if anything has changed in the interim? I cannot see the images (nor any from the actual event of other guests either) on the Showmasters library page and have emailed Dave but believe that Giles the photographer I was told about (the new one???) does not have a working email address any more! Not sounding good even after all these years!

On 8/6/2021 at 10:58 PM, kurt2997 said:

Hi all, its been a few years since I have been on here and I was wondering if anything has changed in the interim? I cannot see the images (nor any from the actual event of other guests either) on the Showmasters library page and have emailed Dave but believe that Giles the photographer I was told about (the new one???) does not have a working email address any more! Not sounding good even after all these years!

The images in the photo library are all visible to me and I looked at some of the earliest 2006 folders to see if the oldest were there

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone, just to provide some sort of update - I have now established that Showmasters do not have these photos and that the photographer who I thought was called is Giles actually took over the year after I went, so it wasn't him but actually a guy called Malcolm. Does this ring any bells with anyone? Giles does not have his contact details and a Google search is fruitless. I have also reached out to a few people in the Space community hoping they will know of this Malcolm but I am not hopeful in any sense. Any help would be appreciated, I feel I am one step away from having to put this to bed finally! Thanks, Al