Hotels

Beth

5 hours ago, Starbuck73 said:

Oh, if anyone is looking for cheap accommodation near the venue, I can recommend Abercorn House. We stayed there for last May & it was great. Basic rooms with a fridge & a desk, & shared bathrooms (but you can book rooms with private ones for a bit extra) & a short 10 min walk to Olympia.

I’m staying there this year! :D

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kurdamoni said:

I’m staying there this year! :D

It's a fantastic little place, ideally situated for Olympia. The common room is good & the shop is well stocked.

There are kitchens & bathrooms on every floor & the shop sells microwave meals, which is so handy.

3 hours ago, Starbuck73 said:

It's a fantastic little place, ideally situated for Olympia. The common room is good & the shop is well stocked.

There are kitchens & bathrooms on every floor & the shop sells microwave meals, which is so handy.

Awesome! I’m sure it Will be perfect, good price too :P

I'll probably be staying with my brother at Kensal Rise, but 2 years ago when I booked a hotel I stayed at the Earl's Court Easyhotel. Nothing fancy, no-frills like an easyjet flight, but it was a good cheap option near the event. The main downside was the tiny size of the room. There was only space for 1 suitcase on the floor if you wanted to be able to open the door. That was not a problem for me as I was on my own, but if we had been 2 people we would have had to move 1 suitcase under the bed to be able to get around.

On 01/03/2018 at 12:43 PM, whitewillow said:

I'll probably be staying with my brother at Kensal Rise, but 2 years ago when I booked a hotel I stayed at the Earl's Court Easyhotel. Nothing fancy, no-frills like an easyjet flight, but it was a good cheap option near the event. The main downside was the tiny size of the room. There was only space for 1 suitcase on the floor if you wanted to be able to open the door. That was not a problem for me as I was on my own, but if we had been 2 people we would have had to move 1 suitcase under the bed to be able to get around.

Also, the Easy Hotel isn't great if you are going out for drinks after the con, then going back to a bright orange room! :wacko:

I stayed in Wembley last year, pretty fast and easy with the Overground to Kensington (Olympia), but I got off at Shepherds Bush and had a nice stroll (brekkie) before it all. This year I am staying at a friends house in Richmond. She was there last year but not able this year. 

• 3 weeks later...