Latest Guest Announcement - PETER CAPALDI

showmasters

6 hours ago, wjbleming said:

Did Peter get onto VQs yesterday? Last we checked he was diamonds only around lunchtime and his queue was closed when we got back later in the day. (Thank you, mr. Tennant for that! lol)

No he only did diamonds. As of right now he’s still diamond only today too! Hope he gets to VQs as I have VQ #5

1 hour ago, Hayden Is My Hero said:

No he only did diamonds. As of right now he’s still diamond only today too! Hope he gets to VQs as I have VQ #5

Yeah, I'm not holding out much hope for him. We got VQ tickets over 300. :(

26 minutes ago, natedammit said:

I somehow managed not to get a Capaldi VQ ticket, but I have two Matt Smiths. 

Well luckily we have a Smith DP. Doubt that'd get us into Capaldi's queue though. ;)

Edited by wjbleming

First event in 15 years I've been to and not got a auto I want. I know people will say I'm lucky and I do feel lucky. But to be this lucky I put the work in I get to all venues early. 

I love autos more than photos and feel diamonds are now being over sold. This means with the amount of photos that need taking it leaves very limited time for autos. 

In previous event having a vq of under 100 would mean you get the auto by about 11 at the latest if they started at 9. But big guests rarely start that early now because they often go straight to their am photo shoot. 

So sad to see these events change so much that it puts the people who prefer autos out of a chance unless they buy a diamond often they won't really want half the things the diamonds ticket provide. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hobbitfanatic said:

First event in 15 years I've been to and not got a auto I want. I know people will say I'm lucky and I do feel lucky. But to be this lucky I put the work in I get to all venues early. 

I love autos more than photos and feel diamonds are now being over sold. This means with the amount of photos that need taking it leaves very limited time for autos. 

In previous event having a vq of under 100 would mean you get the auto by about 11 at the latest if they started at 9. But big guests rarely start that early now because they often go straight to their am photo shoot. 

So sad to see these events change so much that it puts the people who prefer autos out of a chance unless they buy a diamond often they won't really want half the things the diamonds ticket provide. 

I unfortunately would have to agree with you here hobbit. Never been disappointed at a Showmasters event before but I was today. And not just because I didn't get to meet all the guests I wanted to but because I felt like money was being considered more than fan experience. Don't get me wrong I had a great con (31 guests met!) but just felt like I my experience was sabotaged a bit. I stay confident in Showmasters and that this was merely an oversight and still look forward to many events to come. 

P.S. I really hope this comment doesn't come across b****y

Yes it was very touch and go and rather sweaty, but I hope it was worth the wait for all fellow DP holders as much as for me.  I watched plenty of the interactions from my position in the queue and he engaged fully with everyone; he was quick to hug needy people who needed a hug, and reacted with grace and good humour with every customer, a real good judge of character. 

And his signature on my 'The Thick Of It' DVD sleeve is probably the best I've ever received - "Eff off and get an effing life, yours Malcolm F Tucker".