Clue List from Guest Announcement Guessing Game

The "bridge" comment that so many of you took as a clue genuinely only was a translation of a German proverb in response to the banned person. No second thoughts, nothing. ;)

We were trying to guess five of the announcements: Grace Park, Jewel Staite, John Wesley Shipp, Costas Mandylor and Ray Fisher.

Here's the real clues:

Grace Park:

"It's not like we can clone her or something." - BSG

"And we'll never be able to figure out who's Number One ever again..." - BSG (I am aware Boomer wasn't Number One, but I couldn't quite use Number 8 in that context.)

"So let's start all over again and do version 2.0, shall we?" - Jake 2.0

"Did everyone have a nice breakfast before we start again? I had... orange juice and a nice fresh yoghurt with granola and pineapple." - Hawaii 5-0

"Are you trying to create a Lieutenant for Mr. Cumberspazzle?" - The rank of her characters in both Stargate SG-1 and BSG. 

"Sometimes when a guy did it first and then a woman starts all over you do get a whole different approach to something." - Hawaii 5-0 and BSG. Both Kono and Boomer were portrayed by male actors in the original series.

I might have to have a Pina Colada to calm my nerves tonight." - Hawaii 5-0. More pineapple.  ;)

"the Dirty Dozen" - 12 Cylon models in the BSG reboot

"I had to stop at my parents' place and deliver their new toaster." - nickname of the Cylons in BSG

"Funny enough not for the guest I dropped the most hints for. Seems 8 isn't a that magic number after all." - Number 8 - again BSG.

"My mum maybe, cause she gave me coconut cookies so you don't drain all life out of me in the last hour." - I was beginning to run out of Hawaii references. :lol:

John Wesley Shipp:

"Last time I left tons of clues and everyone still said I left them up a creek without a paddle" - Dawson's Creek

"Flash of time" - The Flash

"I'm going to hide in a small town in Yukon Territory at this rate." - The town I was referring to is named Dawson. :lol: Dawson's Creek again.

Jewel Staite:

"Next time I'll now be blamed and called an evil soul sucking space vampire with telepathic powers for a change." - Stargate: Atlantis. She appeared as a Wraith Child there before she was cast as Dr. Keller.

"Shiny. But try less metal." - Firefly

"If I mess this up they willyell at me." - one of my favorite Kaylee quotes paraphrased

"Sometimes when a guy did it first and then a woman starts all over you do get a whole different approach to something." - I guess technically that counts as a Stargate: Atlantis clue too because Dr. Keller was the second doctor on the Atlantis mission. But when I wrote it I genuinely had Kono and Boomer in my mind.

"My mum maybe, cause she gave me coconut cookies so you don't drain all life out of me in the last hour." - more Wraith hints.

Ray Fisher:

"Shiny. But try less metal."  - Cyborg

"It's not exactly Borg technology." - Cyborg

Costas Mandylor:

"I got a long list I need to come up with torture devices... I mean clues for." - Saw

"But there's at least one forum member who'd happily run over the first timers (and a lot of the other guests) for one of the repeat guests." - Of course I meant Faerie Tanith! Happy squeeing! ;)

"I can call this "game over" any time if that's what people prefer...." - Saw

"I'm just being a good little torturing apprentice." - Saw

"I've just witnessed his brilliantness sitting in the garden behind a white fence sipping tea."  - Picket Fences

• Like 3

The honour of the first correct guess - Jewel Staite - goes to HankMarvin 86! Congratulations!

Canadian wasn't meant as a clue for her, but it got you on the right track anyway. :smile: I was so sure I had actually said too much with the first Wraith clue, but it seems no one but me cares about Stargate anymore. :crying:

Also hats off to Marty Mcfly!

He had the third right guess, but seeing Ray only had two hints (I had a devil of a time coming up with anything cause I am a Marvel girl myself) I think his was the most impressive one.

Our second correct guess... WrongName with a slightly mangled version of Faerie Tanith's favorite, Costas Mandylor.

And let's not forget our last minute entry MarioVI who picked up on Grace Park. :D 

• Like 1

I can't believe I have to start the broken record here now too. I will remove any disrespectful posts like the ones already removed.

It's totally fine if a guest announcement is not for you. But there is absolutely no need for such posts. I am not going to repeat them, if you had your post removed you know what the content was. It is not acceptable for an event forum, no matter how much you feel it is your right to say things like this. I did actually point out in one post that the definition of "humongous" is in the eye of the beholder. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sam_Carter96 said:

I was so sure it was going to be Hugh Jackman. I feel like I've let you all down. I'm sorry. 

Thanks for entertaining us, QS! 

I told you I was honest when I said it wasn't him.

6 minutes ago, Persephone1 said:

All the respect in the world for such a detailed list of clues. I'm impressed. I confess I always think the hype threads are making a rod for the organiser's backs as people start thinking of guests at an A+ list level and reality very rarely matches expectation.

As you see by the start time of this thread in the end I did complete the list as I went. :lol:

9 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

The "bridge" comment that so many of you took as a clue genuinely only was a translation of a German proverb in response to the banned person. No second thoughts, nothing. ;)

We were trying to guess five of the announcements: Grace Park, Jewel Staite, John Wesley Shipp, Costas Mandylor and Ray Fisher.

Here's the real clues:

Grace Park:

"It's not like we can clone her or something." - BSG

"And we'll never be able to figure out who's Number One ever again..." - BSG (I am aware Boomer wasn't Number One, but I couldn't quite use Number 8 in that context.)

"So let's start all over again and do version 2.0, shall we?" - Jake 2.0

"Did everyone have a nice breakfast before we start again? I had... orange juice and a nice fresh yoghurt with granola and pineapple." - Hawaii 5-0

"Are you trying to create a Lieutenant for Mr. Cumberspazzle?" - The rank of her characters in both Stargate SG-1 and BSG. 

"Sometimes when a guy did it first and then a woman starts all over you do get a whole different approach to something." - Hawaii 5-0 and BSG. Both Kono and Boomer were portrayed by male actors in the original series.

I might have to have a Pina Colada to calm my nerves tonight." - Hawaii 5-0. More pineapple.  ;)

"the Dirty Dozen" - 12 Cylon models in the BSG reboot

"I had to stop at my parents' place and deliver their new toaster." - nickname of the Cylons in BSG

"Funny enough not for the guest I dropped the most hints for. Seems 8 isn't a that magic number after all." - Number 8 - again BSG.

"My mum maybe, cause she gave me coconut cookies so you don't drain all life out of me in the last hour." - I was beginning to run out of Hawaii references. :lol:

John Wesley Shipp:

"Last time I left tons of clues and everyone still said I left them up a creek without a paddle" - Dawson's Creek

"Flash of time" - The Flash

"I'm going to hide in a small town in Yukon Territory at this rate." - The town I was referring to is named Dawson. :lol: Dawson's Creek again.

Jewel Staite:

"Next time I'll now be blamed and called an evil soul sucking space vampire with telepathic powers for a change." - Stargate: Atlantis. She appeared as a Wraith Child there before she was cast as Dr. Keller.

"Shiny. But try less metal." - Firefly

"If I mess this up they willyell at me." - one of my favorite Kaylee quotes paraphrased

"Sometimes when a guy did it first and then a woman starts all over you do get a whole different approach to something." - I guess technically that counts as a Stargate: Atlantis clue too because Dr. Keller was the second doctor on the Atlantis mission. But when I wrote it I genuinely had Kono and Boomer in my mind.

"My mum maybe, cause she gave me coconut cookies so you don't drain all life out of me in the last hour." - more Wraith hints.

Ray Fisher:

"Shiny. But try less metal."  - Cyborg

"It's not exactly Borg technology." - Cyborg

Costas Mandylor:

"I got a long list I need to come up with torture devices... I mean clues for." - Saw

"But there's at least one forum member who'd happily run over the first timers (and a lot of the other guests) for one of the repeat guests." - Of course I meant Faerie Tanith! Happy squeeing! ;)

"I can call this "game over" any time if that's what people prefer...." - Saw

"I'm just being a good little torturing apprentice." - Saw

"I've just witnessed his brilliantness sitting in the garden behind a white fence sipping tea."  - Picket Fences

My first ever correct guess - awesome!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Harvey2003 said:

wonder why it was stated 7pm and yet they all came up well before?

I explained this three posts above yours. The topics were prepared during office hours and hidden. Unhiding them at the announcement time is less work and more safe then preparing and posting. We sometimes have the forum crashing because of the enthusiasm.

21 minutes ago, Bingo Boy said:

Good guest announcements but money saved apart from SAW guest ...... the event from 2 yrs ago will take some beating for stars.

Sigourney , MJF , Bill Paxton , Christopher Lloyd.

There is time yet for a show stopping guest i reckon.

Well if you ask my Californian friends who damn near squealed my ear off Peter Capaldi seems to be pretty showstopping. ;)

But yes, it is 5 months before the show. We will get a ton of guests until then, and hopefully someone who you consider showstopping too.

• Thanks 1