Early entry at Collectermania. Whats the queue like?

spengler

Not much different to LFCC if you've done that except not quite as big.

Get there at a reasonable time and you should be OK, but don't expect to rock up at 10 and just walk up to all the desks as it is busy, so if you want to do a lot of guests and/or big names then getting there earlier is advisable.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, spengler said:

When u say not as big are there less people?

LFCC is the flagship show so nothing is as big as that but Collectormania is a close second.  So it's far more massive than any of the regional shows and will be big and busy, but just not quite as big and busy as LFCC.  So yes, expect lots of people, I can't guestimate figures but it will be busy and there will be a large number of attendees.

• Thanks 1

Twice as big as a regional show and about half as big as London last year is my estimate. Collectormania is not as manic, I loved it last year at new venue. Cannot wait until June. People like Julie Benz and John barrowman were not bad at all for autographs, really well organised x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't remember the exact time I got there last year but it certainly was before 8 and I had no problem meeting everybody I wanted to meet on the Saturday and I met a good percentage of the TV/movie guests

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, dvdrob13 said:

I can't remember the exact time I got there last year but it certainly was before 8 and I had no problem meeting everybody I wanted to meet on the Saturday and I met a good percentage of the TV/movie guests

How long did it take you to get in once the doors were open? 

16 minutes ago, Brasco said:

How long did it take you to get in once the doors were open? 

From memory, we went through security and got our bands before the doors opening, that we got in quite quick once the doors opened, no more then a couple of minutes I'd say if that

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

You are pre-queued when you go in, same as what LFCC has. So once the doors open fully, its just a case of funnelling people in. 

Early entry and standard entry are queued separatly to make it easier. 

• 2 months later...

In terms of guests, are the big 2 shows like regional for when guests start signing? By that I mean my previous experience at Glasgow over the last few years is that guests generally start a good 30/60mins after 9am opening. 

I guess what I'm trying to ask is, are you able to go around and get VQ's (if in operation for a guest) for everyone you hope to see, before actually joining any queues?

48 minutes ago, Brasco said:

In terms of guests, are the big 2 shows like regional for when guests start signing? By that I mean my previous experience at Glasgow over the last few years is that guests generally start a good 30/60mins after 9am opening. 

I guess what I'm trying to ask is, are you able to go around and get VQ's (if in operation for a guest) for everyone you hope to see, before actually joining any queues?

Technically speaking guests sign from opening - or take part in other activities but in reality this means they are usually down soon after opening but yes, you still go round and get your VQ's first

2 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Technically speaking guests sign from opening - or take part in other activities but in reality this means they are usually down soon after opening but yes, you still go round and get your VQ's first

Thanks Raylenth, that's how I'm hoping it goes. I've got a lot to names to cram into a one day visit beginning with my first 2 photos clashing. But a pair of trainers and a good stretch before kick off should see me right :D

• Haha 1

We came on the Sunday last year, arrived in the car park about 9.30, were funnelled through a side entrance for security checks directly from the outside and were in and meeting guests within 5 minutes, very smooth running compared to LFCC.   Bearing in mind it was a fortnight or so after the Manchester Arena bombings the entry process was extremely well run, far better than Sheffield.

One thing I found when I wen to LFCC last year (my first ever con) was it was pure chaos at the beginning and I was one of the first 100 or so in. Everyone just..ran..and I ran with them..even though I had no idea where we were going lol? I only wanted Michael Madsen but found myself going past Dave Prowse with literally no que I was so early in but my main question for this time is there any way of knowing 'where to go' in advance? I mean I only want a Christoper Lambert VQ but would be cool if I knew where to head?

5 hours ago, taz101 said:

One thing I found when I wen to LFCC last year (my first ever con) was it was pure chaos at the beginning and I was one of the first 100 or so in. Everyone just..ran..and I ran with them..even though I had no idea where we were going lol? I only wanted Michael Madsen but found myself going past Dave Prowse with literally no que I was so early in but my main question for this time is there any way of knowing 'where to go' in advance? I mean I only want a Christoper Lambert VQ but would be cool if I knew where to head?

as its all on one level and in one hall at the NEC i'd say look at the banners hanging from the ceiling as you enter, there's allways a huge one with 'signing zone' on it. pretty much guarenteed that Christopher is going to be there.