Humongous Guest Announcement Thursday

Dear Valentine, can't meet tomorrow night, thursday, or friday as I am little busy. Sorry but my attention is now elsewhere on wednesday checking forums hopelessly for clues, Thursday probably buying tickets & jumping around the room wildly, Friday I will be totally broke.....most likely ...it is all because I saw Emilia Clarke guessed. 

15 hours ago, charlesberg said:

this use to be so much more fun when we actually got a clue as to who the guest might be. I think David should come back from retirement!

Yep. Dont get why they announce an announcement so early without any clues every day.  Just doesnt make sence. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nadine84 said:

Yep. Dont get why they announce an announcement so early without any clues every day.  Just doesnt make sence. 

Clues aren't a requirement of an announcement, it was just something David did to make it more fun.  ;)

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

Clues aren't a requirement of an announcement, it was just something David did to make it moreu fun.  ;)

Yes I understand. But what I dont understand is why "torture" people almost a week by saying on saturday that there will be announcement on thursday?! And after that silence...It just doesnt make sence - its just stupid in my opinion. Then they just should do it like other cons. Say it one day before or just announce it - everything else is annoying - and I really dont want to be annoyed because of something exciting like an anounncement. (Hope you understand what I mean - would be so much easier in German :) )

2 hours ago, Nadine84 said:

Yes I understand. But what I dont understand is why "torture" people almost a week by saying on saturday that there will be announcement on thursday?! And after that silence...It just doesnt make sence - its just stupid in my opinion. Then they just should do it like other cons. Say it one day before or just announce it - everything else is annoying - and I really dont want to be annoyed because of something exciting like an anounncement. (Hope you understand what I mean - would be so much easier in German :) )

Well you are welcome to talk German to me, but that won't change the situation. ;)

SM likes doing it this way. Jason likes seeing the excitement these threads generate. This is not going to change, it's been done this way for years. I'm sorry you don't like it, but if you feel "tortured" I can only recommend skipping the announcement threads. 

Yes, other events are doing it differently. But just because everyone else is doing it doesn't mean it's right, not everyone has to follow exactly the same path. Other events charge 3 digit amounts for photoshoots SM charge significantly less for.  Going by your logic seeing everyone else is doing it SM should raise their prices in these cases as well. 

Twitter isn't run by David anymore as it's been posted already. We did have a clue for the last announcement there. It's still 2 days to go, so I'm hopeful we get a clue again there.

Maybe once everyone is settled in with their new positions we will get the guessing game back for a longer time with more hints. David had mastered the clues to an art though. It will be a long time before anyone comes even close to him. I know when I did it once on here because David was on holiday I was terrified I was giving too much away. :lol: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nadine84 said:

Organisers can make announcements however they like Nadine. Many people don't like this system, many do.  I personally like knowing ahead of time so I can make arrangements and be ready.  If they do it your way you may have tons of people complaining because so and so massive once in a lifetime name sold out in 5 seconds and they couldn't arrange to get tickets because there wasn't enough notice.

• Like 1