Humongous Guest Announcement Thursday

2 hours ago, Straker94 said:

" where we are going to amaze you all! "

I haven't watched The Greatest Showman, however could this be a nod at the film?

Hugh Jackman might not be a bad shout....

Please don't. Someone already mentioned torture on here. Those words feel like torture. I went to see The Greatest Showman 4 times at Cineworld as I'm an Unlimited Member. Just been to see Black Panther, Please let it be Chadwick Boseman.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Well you are welcome to talk German to me, but that won't change the situation. ;)

SM likes doing it this way. Jason likes seeing the excitement these threads generate. This is not going to change, it's been done this way for years. I'm sorry you don't like it, but if you feel "tortured" I can only recommend skipping the announcement threads. 

Yes, other events are doing it differently. But just because everyone else is doing it doesn't mean it's right, not everyone has to follow exactly the same path. Other events charge 3 digit amounts for photoshoots SM charge significantly less for.  Going by your logic seeing everyone else is doing it SM should raise their prices in these cases as well. 

Twitter isn't run by David anymore as it's been posted already. We did have a clue for the last announcement there. It's still 2 days to go, so I'm hopeful we get a clue again there.

Maybe once everyone is settled in with their new positions we will get the guessing game back for a longer time with more hints. David had mastered the clues to an art though. It will be a long time before anyone comes even close to him. I know when I did it once on here because David was on holiday I was terrified I was giving too much away. :lol: 

nice pivot there QS, but this isn't about the cost of photos, (no doubt if the cost of photos go up we'll complain about that too).  We're just talking about the pointlessness of saying, "I have a secret. Its a big one, I'll tell you about it next week".

And if Nadine wants to vent, then this is the only place she can do that, where people are going to know what she is talking about :lol:

• Like 1

Back to guessing, the original post on facebook mentions that they want to bring the best guest experience in europe or possibly the world, so i am thinking they have gone big and maybe a Peter Dinklage or Kit Harrington to go along with the other GoT guests as a treat before final season kicks off next year, or potentially a Jeff Goldblum just to make my wallet cry. 

7 hours ago, charlesberg said:

nice pivot there QS, but this isn't about the cost of photos, (no doubt if the cost of photos go up we'll complain about that too).  We're just talking about the pointlessness of saying, "I have a secret. Its a big one, I'll tell you about it next week".

And if Nadine wants to vent, then this is the only place she can do that, where people are going to know what she is talking about :lol:

And I am telling everyone who missed it that they can vent as much as they want (as long as the language is appropriate and there is no cursing), but the system won't be changed. ;) This discussion has been on longer than since you are on here. And while I do get that some peple don't agree with that style and think it is pointless, justifying a different approach needs to be done with "the others do it differently too" doesn't really work either. There's a German proverb which about translates to "just because some jumps off a bridge do you need to follow their lead?" That is what I was trying to point out with my example. I was actually thinking about using this proverb first, but I didn't want anyone to feel threatened. (Yes, that has happened before.)

Plus if no one says anything the next post will inevitably be that the mods ignore everyone again. :P 

Okay guys. Do you really want to make it one of those days when I am asking myself why I actually keep doing this on here?

I hate banning people. Seriously, I do. However, if someone knowingly and obviously happily jumps over a line they are perfectly aware of (and even make that clear in their post) I am being left with hardly any other choice. Especially when the post is ranty, full of swearing and wrong information. Even more so if the poster is insulting the SM crew and their work. The last bit is the part where I have absolutely zero tolerance. 

So here comes the broken record again: besides a handful of people in the office we are all volunteers. David was (and as a forum mod still is), I am, Stuart G is, the new people on Twitter are, the Facebook mods are. I could give an endless list. David gave up Twitter with a very heavy heart because he doesn't have the time for volunteering there anymore. He even put that on SM Twitter for crying out loud. Claiming David was removed as a cost cutting meassure... I have no words for that. 

"I am a paying customer, I have the right to say what I want." No, you don't. This is SM's forum, they lay out the rules. You go to Supermarket A, buy a pint of milk, then set up a sign "Service at Supermarket B is so much better. "You bet your *bleep* you will be removed, despite being a customer. Same thing here. An insulting post full of swear words will go. A valid complaint or question? No problem. "Hey, there's always such a big crowd around the Virtual Queue lines, I can never see those numbers. You used to have those whiteboards that were being updated, can't we bring them back?" Perfectly okay. "You crammed too many guests in too little space because you were trying to save money and not rent more space, people were getting trampled because your stupid crew couldn't keep the aisles free, come up with something else you idiots!" That will have to go. Unfortunately a lot of people forget where the line is, same thing with repeat guests. Perfectly okay when they like them, but when they don't there's derogatory comments about the whole fandom.

As for the "useless thread without clues" complaint... I was really, seriously expecting at least one or two of you to be wondering if I was drunk this morning due to my writing style. I've actually asked to be told the names of the guest announcements for the very first time because I wanted to lighten the mood a little. I was given the names and given permission to give clues. I thought it would be fun seeing who picked up on this first. Guess I was wrong there too. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

As for the "useless thread without clues" complaint... I was really, seriously expecting at least one or two of you to be wondering if I was drunk this morning due to my writing style. I've actually asked to be told the names of the guest announcements for the very first time because I wanted to lighten the mood a little. I was given the names and given permission to give clues. I thought it would be fun seeing who picked up on this first. Guess I was wrong there too. 

Well this is interesting!

Going by what QS has said this morning, my guess as to what might be clues are:

"just because some jumps off a bridge do you need to follow their lead?" 

and

Next time I'll now be blamed and called an evil soul sucking space vampire with telepathic powers for a change.

I have searched online for Space Vampire movies and one called Lifeforce from 1985 is the only thing I've found, which does star Sir Patrick Stewart.

40 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

As for the "useless thread without clues" complaint... I was really, seriously expecting at least one or two of you to be wondering if I was drunk this morning due to my writing style.

I noticed!  But I... didn't want to say anything.  I mean, if you want to drink in the morning...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I was given the names and given permission to give clues. I thought it would be fun seeing who picked up on this first. Guess I was wrong there too. 

I am usually totally oblivious to clues being given by anyone and have only ever picked up on 1 particular guests clues :lol:

57 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

Going by what QS has said this morning, my guess as to what might be clues are:

"just because some jumps off a bridge do you need to follow their lead?" 

and

Next time I'll now be blamed and called an evil soul sucking space vampire with telepathic powers for a change.

I have searched online for Space Vampire movies and one called Lifeforce from 1985 is the only thing I've found, which does star Sir Patrick Stewart.

Interesting idea... based on these being the clues to put an unlikely guest suggestion forward, Ryan Reynalds. Deadpool jumped off a bridge at the beginning of the film and he was in Life with the blood drinking lifeform from Mars...

• Like 1

If it’s just QS’s posts in this thread from this morning then I’m struggling...

Sonequa Martin-Green is in a short film called On The Bridge, plus there’s the Star Trek bridge? That’s all I’ve got so far and I know it’s a weak link.

The original ‘humungous’ made me think of King Kong. Andy Serkis would be incredibly popular...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Are you making me dig out the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon game again? ;) 

Also please note that the announcement is not only for one show... no one has said it is the same guest for both. So let's start all over again and do version 2.0, shall we?

So are there 2 guests, one for LFCC and one for CM? 

I was thinking it was a large group of announcements across both shows.