Stuart Pearson £10/£15

David Cross £10/£15

Paul Brush £10/£15

Discounted autograph price for all 11 on one item £90/£120

Photo Shoot Price: £75

west_ham.thumb.jpg.80d71b050894bd4e00baa36def5e2fd7.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kristian said:

I have booked the photo, do you get to shake all their hands before the team photo is taken ? :)

Generally the answer would be 'no' as it's not possible to confirm that you can do it or not as it's not an included activity, but especially for group photo's it's less likely as it would take a while to shake all their hands and will be discouraged if there are a lot of people queueing.  As photo shoots are very quick, when you are called forward you would have to just go to the gap in the middle of the group and leave quickly for the next person to have theirs taken.  It's a lot easier to do if it's a solo guest as you can just offer your hand when walking up, but for a group this large I'd say you have no chance.

Edited by Raylenth

• RoadRunner unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

I am hoping to attend Birmingham Collectormania to meet the West Ham 1980 team and ask them to sign a shirt. However, this is depending if I get time off work that weekend.

If I can't attend in person and use the mail order service, what would the surcharge be i.e. would it be £5 for the single act of a Showmasters crew person approaching the West Ham team on my behalf or would it be £55 (a £5 surcharge for each team member)?

Also - would a standard Sharpie pen be suitable for signing a shirt or would Showmasters recommend a different brand of pen that can write on cloth better?

7 minutes ago, Chris C said:

I am hoping to attend Birmingham Collectormania to meet the West Ham 1980 team and ask them to sign a shirt. However, this is depending if I get time off work that weekend.

If I can't attend in person and use the mail order service, what would the surcharge be i.e. would it be £5 for the single act of a Showmasters crew person approaching the West Ham team on my behalf or would it be £55 (a £5 surcharge for each team member)?

Also - would a standard Sharpie pen be suitable for signing a shirt or would Showmasters recommend a different brand of pen that can write on cloth better?

Hi Chris all the cost details are listed on the Pre order page, there's different charges for additions, like personalisations but it's basically auto price +£5, and yes, it's per auto. And remember that shirts will come under the higher auto fee rather than the lower one that sports stars have listed.

I have had shirts signed in Sharpies before, I'm personally not aware of any more specific pens for the job - be aware that signing fabric can lead to different end results as it's quite hard to do, the pen doesn't flow like it does on a paper/photo surface.

Here's some tshirts I had signed

20160521_110013

You can see the surname in particular isn't brilliant.

This one isn't too bad

20160521_110207

The fabric has to be held down/stretched a bit to try and prevent bunching up.

Edited by Raylenth

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply. 

I wondered why there were two separate prices for the autographs for each footballer, I thought the dearer price was for a single autograph and the less expensive price if one chose the full team.

OK, if I understand you correctly, if I wanted to have a signed photo or any item (e.g. book, poster, football) apart from a shirt, the price of the full team would be £90 if I attend myself or £145 (£90 + £55 pre-order surcharge) if I chose the mail order service?

Similarly, if I wanted a signed shirt, the price of the full team would be £120 if I attend myself or £175 (£120 + £55 pre-order surcharge) if I chose the mail order service?

Edited by Chris C
sentence correction

7 minutes ago, Chris C said:

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply. 

I wondered why there were two separate prices for the autographs for each footballer, I thought the dearer price was for a single autograph and the less expensive price if one chose the full team.

OK, if I understand you correctly, if I wanted to have a signed photo or any item (e.g. book, poster, football) apart from a shirt, the price of the full team would be £90 if I attend myself or £145 (£90 + £55 pre-order surcharge) if I chose the mail order service?

Similarly, if I wanted a signed shirt, the price of the full team would be £120 if I attend myself or £175 (£120 + £55 pre-order surcharge) if I chose the mail order service?

Your pricing is correct but not your list of items.

The lower price is for things like posters, 8x10's, books ect, the higher price is for anything considered equipment - shirts, footballs, ect.  Also remember that the postage price you will have to pay on a pre order send in will vary depending on the item.  Special delivery on an 8x10 will be a lot cheaper that Special Delivery on a football because of the weight and dimension differences.  

However I can't actually see any of them listed on the Pre Order page.  It might be worth asking them on their facebook page if they will be doing it, or @Queen_Sindelis it possible to check?  Given their short appearance times it may be that they aren't being offered on the pre order service.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi again,

I would like to clarify "Given their short appearance times".

How long will the team be there? I am travelling to Birmingham on the day of the convention and I do plan to meet other guests so if you can tell me the appearance times for the team, I would be grateful.

Also, if I wanted to have all eleven signatures on a shirt, do I queue up eleven times for each player?

The sports guest appearance times are here Chris,

As you can see they are generally 10.30/11-3pm

I can't comment on the signing set up I'm afraid as I've never got auto's from a sports team.  It may be that you have to queue each time, or they may arrange it so you go down the tables in a line and get one after the other, which may make more sense, but isn't the best set up for people who won't want the whole team.  Hopefully if anyone else had done something like this before they may be able to add their experience of this aspect.

Hi Raylenth,

Thanks again for your help! I hope to receive some clarfication other fans' experiences before the day though 11 queues is enough for an entire day potentially - hope I can meet them all within their planned appearance times.

Chris

If it is 11 queueueues I can't imagine they would be long ones. Indeed for all but the most popular few (I'm a proper blokey bloke (grr, lads, oi oi) and I've only heard of four of them) I'd imagine there'd be a few minutes wait tops. 

Presumably, with the reduced price for getting all 11, you will have to pay for this in one go and get some kind of ticket to prove you'd paid, and in that case the stewards would make sure you get through to everyone if it is busier than I would think.

• 2 weeks later...

Very excited for this one!

I have a few silly questions, I have bought this (excellent) photo op for both myself & my Dad. (its essentially the main/only reason we're attending)
1) With the photo session, we would like both of us in the photo with the team, fully appreciate we both need a photo ticket, but does that mean we get two copies of the same photo, or are we able to have "two poses" (technically two different photos)
2) We are travelling by train on Sunday Morning, Due to "Sunday Service", the earliest we are able to arrive at Birmingham International will be 10:35. What happens IF the photo session is before 11AM? (as we would be unlikely to make the time-slot), am I able to get a refund? as this is a team photo, would anyone have any ideas when this photo session might happen?
- I see they are appearing from 10:30-3, so I'm only technically worried about a 30-minute window, is it likely this would be dead on 10:30?

Thank you kindly for your time

20 minutes ago, Alex350 said:

Very excited for this one!

I have a few silly questions, I have bought this (excellent) photo op for both myself & my Dad. (its essentially the main/only reason we're attending)
1) With the photo session, we would like both of us in the photo with the team, fully appreciate we both need a photo ticket, but does that mean we get two copies of the same photo, or are we able to have "two poses" (technically two different photos)
2) We are travelling by train on Sunday Morning, Due to "Sunday Service", the earliest we are able to arrive at Birmingham International will be 10:35. What happens IF the photo session is before 11AM? (as we would be unlikely to make the time-slot), am I able to get a refund? as this is a team photo, would anyone have any ideas when this photo session might happen?
- I see they are appearing from 10:30-3, so I'm only technically worried about a 30-minute window, is it likely this would be dead on 10:30?

Thank you kindly for your time

1) Yes. 

2) No.  Unfortunately activities can take place from open to close so it's always possible things will be happening at the start or end of the day.  If you aren't able to be there in time then the tickets are non refundable.  However, and bear in mind I don't know anything about previous sports shoots, given their restricted signing times I would assume that it won't be first thing, however it could be that the photo will take place  before or after their signing session.  The schedule will be released about 1 week before the event. 

Unfortunately the schedules from last years event aren't working so I can't look at them to see that time the team pic was is 2017.

Hopefully if someone had a team pic last year they may be able to remember what time it was, though that is of course may not reflect when it will be this year.

Edited by Raylenth

Thank you very much for your reply (I guessed as much)

As I joked, I'm only technically worried around a 30 minute window (as it says appearing from 10:30)
But I do find the refund thing quite odd, especially has you said, timetables aren't out until 1 week before the event. How does it work with clashes? 
In theory people wouldn't book two things at at the same time, but because timetables aren't out sooner (i'm now thinking LFCC specific, with so many things), surely a lot of people have clashes that are way beyond their control/not their fault.

Surely the refund policy can't be right? (even just ethically)

*fingers crossed Showmasters don't read this post & specifically put West Ham on dead on 10:30 to spite me*

27 minutes ago, Alex350 said:

Thank you very much for your reply (I guessed as much)

As I joked, I'm only technically worried around a 30 minute window (as it says appearing from 10:30)
But I do find the refund thing quite odd, especially has you said, timetables aren't out until 1 week before the event. How does it work with clashes? 
In theory people wouldn't book two things at at the same time, but because timetables aren't out sooner (i'm now thinking LFCC specific, with so many things), surely a lot of people have clashes that are way beyond their control/not their fault.

Surely the refund policy can't be right? (even just ethically)

*fingers crossed Showmasters don't read this post & specifically put West Ham on dead on 10:30 to spite me*

Every single event has tickets as non refundable Alex, so it's not just Showmasters and I do understand the reasons for it.  Whilst most of us do come for specific guests the entry tickets are for the event and not for a specific activity.  If people can get refunds because guest x cancelled then unfortunately many events would end up being cancelled.  They need the entry ticket money to pay for the venue and other things.  Any guest specific ticket is of course refunded if the guest cancels. 

Overlaps do happen but they are rarely a real issue.  Given that the photo shoots generally all start at different times, and run for different lengths of time and the booths are usually next to each other it you do find yourself with 2 at roughly the same time you just do one, then go and do the other.  Sometimes it can be an issue but if you find that to be the case be at the first in good time and speak to the crew, if you show your tickets they will try and help anyone with a true clash through quickly.  Often people forget they can go through with a later batch as well, so it's not like if you have say batch 1 and aren't at the booth when they are called you can't go through, you can just join a later batch if you need to (whilst the session is going on obviously)

The schedules can't really be published any earlier.  They are put together based on the entire guest list and the number of tickets sold for each so they can't get a reasonable assessment until last thing.  Also if they published it early it would be completely inaccurate anyway as they would have to make changes due to additions and cancellations. 

Thank you for your replies, greatly appreciated.

I'm sure it won't be an issue in reality (I never realised how poor train transport was on a Sunday in comparison to a Saturday)

again, thanks for your guidance.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for the previous help.

This is how the team combination signing worked: I paid the asking price and I got a paper receipt with all eleven players name on it. As each player signs, their name is crossed off from the list on the receipt so I can keep track of who has signed and who hasn't.

It was my pleasure to meet all of the nine players who were able to make it to Collectormania - two had to cancel at the last minute. They were all really down to Earth and really warm people and it was wonderful meeting them and sharing a few jokes with Ray Stewart about Scotland and his team mates joking about his Scottish accent and how after 40 years, they still can't understand what he is saying and could I (being Scottish myself but with a toned down more understandable accent) please act as a translator!

Thank you gentlemen - it was wonderful meeting you all.

Edited by Chris C
Correcting spelling
  • Like 3