Accessibility Info

robmoriarty

Having attended a number of SM run events now I'm pretty confident and comfortable around my access needs and the support you offer to match them (NB excellent to date btw). However for anyone new attending for the first time, a lack of initial info can be daunting, even outright off-putting altogether.

I was really surprised (in a good way) to see the lengths SM have gone to, providing dedicated and detailed accessibility information pages for both LFCC and CM25. They are excellent, just right.

May I ask why the same detail has not been supplied for DSTB beyond the few lines buried on the Event Venue/FAQ pages? Historically I've agreed with your approach to limit info in the public domain to protect the scheme from potential abuse. However if you've changed your policy for other events, why not here too?

Edited by robmoriarty

I don't know if this is the official reason, but remember Destination Star Trek is a venture with several different partners involved. If more than one partner is involved sometimes it takes a little longer to get a change approved by everyone.

If you want a more detailed answer try asking at the extrahelp e-mail address. I'm afraid this is not info the mods here have. I'm just guessing based on my own workplace. :lol:

On 02/02/2018 at 10:18 PM, Queen_Sindel said:

I don't know if this is the official reason, but remember Destination Star Trek is a venture with several different partners involved. If more than one partner is involved sometimes it takes a little longer to get a change approved by everyone.

If you want a more detailed answer try asking at the extrahelp e-mail address. I'm afraid this is not info the mods here have. I'm just guessing based on my own workplace. :lol:

Quite alright QS, wasn't expecting you mods to have the answer direct here - wanted to know the best way to get an answer from the office as the extra help address normally sends out the standard template reply. I'll give it a go, I'm sure many will find it useful as it is essentially the same policy based on prior experience attending DSTs.