Help on friday

Hi it used to be a 9 am start on the Friday. I would leave home at 5 am travel up in the dark and early morning in costume to the event. No one really saw or took notice of you. With the later start I will be seen by everybody at 7 am ,notice by morning traffic especially when I get off the bus and walk the last 2 miles to the event . I will be dressed as wonder woman 6,4 in height with go go boots corset big hair and large chest , I don't want to be the cause of traffic accidents, bus crashes, people walking into each other or into things,  scaring the children who are headed to school. Is there a chance of starting earlier on Friday, if anything for the safety of the locals

Will there be changing rooms  it take two hr's to get ready and an hour to change back. If I have to use the toilets ,it means a whole lot of guys fidgeting with crossed legs waiting for said toilets, so for their sake and any flooding issues will there be changing rooms

Hi, I'm afraid there is going to be no chance the organisers are going to start earlier than their stated times for this.  With respect Londoners aren't on the whole feral savages who are going to go mental over someone in a costume walking down the street.  Buses will remain uncrashed, schools will be closed for the summer holidays.  London, being a large and diverse area has seen it all before.  Locals will be used to people dressing up for comic con and there are plenty of people who arrive dressed up as well.  If you are concerned, you can still arrive at the time you used to, it just means you will have an extra hour to wait until opening, but given that LFCC takes place in the middle of summer it is normally light by 6am anyway?  People didn't react before because they likely didn't care rather than the time of day that you travelled in I think :)  They have a loading hall for those who arrive early so you will be able to wait inside and you can wear a coat of you don't want to be on display?

As far as I am aware there isn't an official changing room and people use the loos but the people who do cosplay may be able to advise.

Edited by Raylenth

There were some cos-play changing rooms last year, they were on one of the side walls on the ground floor. But it was only after you had gotten into the main arena. There wasnt anything in the loading hall except for toilets. 

I have used public transport in London and walked some distance while in cosplay to get to the LFCC, and it has been mostly OK. I felt a bit weird at first but I think people in London are used to seeing people dressed weird so they mostly don't bat an eyelid. I got a couple of questions some times from people, explained I was going to a Film and Comics Convention, and that was it.

If you feel too uncomfortable you could wear a cloak or coat as some people suggested, and take it off once you arrive. That sounds like a good idea.

I’ve been using London Transport as the 7th Doctor and Where’s Wally and no one made comments during my journeys between the hotel I stay at and the venue.

Only comments I had was others acknowledging my cosplay or asking if any events were happening.

• Moderators
On 28/01/2018 at 10:31 AM, Raylenth said:

Hi, I'm afraid there is going to be no chance the organisers are going to start earlier than their stated times for this.  With respect Londoners aren't on the whole feral savages who are going to go mental over someone in a costume walking down the street.  Buses will remain uncrashed, schools will be closed for the summer holidays.  London, being a large and diverse area has seen it all before.  Locals will be used to people dressing up for comic con and there are plenty of people who arrive dressed up as well.  If you are concerned, you can still arrive at the time you used to, it just means you will have an extra hour to wait until opening, but given that LFCC takes place in the middle of summer it is normally light by 6am anyway?  People didn't react before because they likely didn't care rather than the time of day that you travelled in I think :)  They have a loading hall for those who arrive early so you will be able to wait inside and you can wear a coat of you don't want to be on display?

As far as I am aware there isn't an official changing room and people use the loos but the people who do cosplay may be able to advise.

I have to completely agree with Reylenth on nearly every point here, the event times are set in stone and to change them would be nearly impossible for reasons such as the start times are written into guest contracts, agreements between SM and smallholders etc so I'm sorry but this will not be happening.

in respect of your attire, as the others have said London is a very diverse city that is VERY used to these sorts of events and I really wouldn't anticipate you facing any issues.

Edited by StuartG2198