Group talk options

hpsims

Hi Its says on the FAQ that you can book sane talk groups if you select the same talk package from the list when purchasing your tickets. Which sounds great. 

I've purchased a commander package for myself and selected a group talk package (option 6) yet when I go to book the lieutenant package for my partner who is going this group talk option is not there. How can I there ensure we both in the same talks, this is her first time going to a star trek con and so want to make sure she's OK and as she is very shy and nervous so thought booking sane talk tickets would make it easier for us. 

Commander options are 6-11and lieutenant are 12-17so none are the same. 

So how conme your FAQ doesn't state this and how can I when I book the lieutenant package ensure she has the same group talk package as myself. I appreciate being commander we wouldn't sit by each other but am willing to forgo that option but wanted the cm Dr package for the other benefits my partner nit so much so not worth the cost of the cndr package for her. 

Any assistance would be great or who to contact to make this happen and fixed

Thanks 

Yea with the ticket type I mean, I can see why they need to vary it per ticket type not like they going to have that many different talks running all together. And they haven't made it clear in the FAQ

19 minutes ago, hpsims said:

Was hoping there would be some way of having the same group of talk tickets irrelevant of the ticket type you have. 

Unfortunately you can't guarantee it if you have different packages.  It would get too complicated for them to manage with all the possible combinations that people would book.  Also seating is arranged in package type as well, she cannot join you nearer the front on a lower ticket.

What Raylenth said. You'd basically create like 2 dozen sub groups.

I'm not sure what you think the FAQ is missing. It clearly says that you need to book the same groups if you want to be in the same talks. The Lieutenant and the Commander package have a vastly varying content. It's just not possible to put these two ticket categories in one group. 

I appreciate what you are saying with the ticket type and as stated I wouldnt expect her to sit nearer the front I would sit further back as I initially stated I would forego my option to sit closer to the front. 

All I was expecting was that maybe withing each ticket type the same options for group talks would be available so effectively within commander the batches for talks were 6-12 then batches 6-12wete also available within the lieutenant package. I would have thought this would havelessed the workload and number of different options needed on the system. 

What I mentioned about the fact missing is that it states '' if you wish to get the same group talks to select the same group nothing but doesn't mention that this is different for each category of ticket type and so not possible. 

At previous DSTs, (I've attended all previous one so was expecting similar this yr)  it was irrelevant of the ticket type you just selected the same talk batch. 

From the responses (not had a reply directly to my email on this query) there is no way without purchasing the same ticket type to ensure that we are able to attend the same talks unless I am able to purchase them at a later date. 

No, your suggestion would insanely increase the workload, especially for the crew at the event.

The way it is now they can easily tell by the number which seating area an attendee can sit in. With your suggestion they would have to scrutinize every single ticket and loading the halls would take much more time.

I do sincerely apologize, but I don't understand what is not clear about ' if you wish to get the same group talks to select the same group". The different ticket package levels have different group numbers (which is clearly stated), thus your suggestion is not possible. It is very clear to me.

There is definitely no way for a Captain's and a Lieutenant's package to be in the same group. The e-mail reply will only confirm what Raylenth and I have been trying to explain.

Besides the different groups, please remember that the Lieutenant package has way less talks included too. To go to the same talks as a Captains's Package holder they would need to buy tickets in addition.

Yes, the previous Destinations were doing group assignments a bit differently. I am on my mobile as I type this and can't look up the old packages from back then. But the issue I just mentioned above would have been there at the other shows too. It is highly possible then that this was changed because there have been too many issues.