Latest Guest Announcement - JASON ISAACS

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Latest Guest Announcement - Jason Isaacs

Appearing: Friday, Saturday and Sunday

Autograph: £60

Photo Shoot: £60

Photo Shoot with Discovery Captain's Chair: £85

Jason Isaacs plays Captain Gabriel Lorca, captain of the U.S.S. Discovery, on Star Trek: Discovery. The veteran British actor’s career spans nearly 30 years and counting, and his credits include Capitol City, Event Horizon, The Patriot, several Harry Potter films (in which he portrayed Lucius Malfoy, the father of Draco Malfoy), Awake, the Rosemary’s Baby miniseries with Zoe Saldana, Dig and Star Wars Rebels.

Isaacs' current and upcoming projects include The OA, London Fields, Behind the Glass, The Death of Stalin and Hotel Mumbai

DST-Germany_jason_isaacs.jpg

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, timelord81r said:

batch numbers aren't currently showing for friday guys

Thanks, I let the store people know.

1 hour ago, timelord81r said:

will captains chair upgrades be possible should ppl wish from normal shoots?

Please check with the Destination shop to confirm this.

*Internal happy screaming*  <3 <3 <3 

YES!!!!!!  Thank you ever so much for this SM.    My social media has never taken quite such a beating from all the notifications I have received from friends about this.  So appreciative all them all.   Have now booked and I'm so excited.  Been trying for a very long time (roughly 21 years)  to meet Jason Isaacs.  This will be a dream come true for me.   

Edited by Legolassie Malfoy

What an awesome achievement to book Isaacs. Well done DST- 21 guests announced with still 9 months to go which is incredible. I’ve already booked my photo op for Friday.

Can you advise if there will be a separate Photo op available for just the attendee in the Discovery chair without the guest?

Also, I’ve purchased a Commander ticket which has a green screen photo op included. Is this the Discovery chair?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Jamesmd85

If you have questions you are welcome to open a separate topic, in a guest announcement they may get overlooked.

All currently announced photoshoots are on the website. I imagine there will be a separate "solo" photo opp for the Discovery chair, but nothing has been confirmed. 

The green screen one will be confirmed as soon as possible. Sometimes there's more than one green screen shoot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This is probably going to sound like a dumb question but how long do the photoshoots run for?  

I am toying with the possibility of getting two photos (already bought one) and changing clothing between the two.  Mainly so I can have one shot in costume, one shot out of costume.  I'm only there for the Saturday so couldn't do it where I did the photos on separate days like I have done previously.  

Depends on how many tickets are sold.

I swear this is not meant as a smart a** answer.

What's your first photo's batch number? As a rule of thumb the estimate is approximately 15 minutes per batch. Destination is a bit harder to judge with time per batch considering the packages. But if it's do or die I would probably even calculate with 10 minutes per batch. Right now Jason is on Batch 2, but that will probably jump significantly once the batch allocations are out. Then you would have a better idea I think.

• Like 1

Hi, Queen_Sindel, thanks for getting back to me.  My first photo batch number is 1.   I think I was insanly quick in booking it, lol.   Thank you for the approx time estimate.  That gives me a good idea of how quickly I need to change.   

Not a smart a** answer at all, lol.  It was helpful, thank you ever so much.  

• 1 month later...

So yes, I have done the thing.  I have a second photo booked with Jason on the Sat.  

I now have to practise stripping out of Lucius Malfoy as quickly as possible from my first photo to my second.   Don't worry, I will wear other clothes.  It's not like I'll roll up to the shoot naked, lol.  

I recently realised that I have been a fan of Jason's for 21 years.  I'll be finally meeting him in the 21st year.  21 years is a whole adult person.  I can't decide if I'll loyal or crazy.  Probably crazy as I have tried to meet him a few times over a 15 year period and ended up missing him and getting injured (the worst being two fractured ribs).   I'll be very happy with just meeting him once.  Thank you, SM for making that, hopefully, possible.  I'll be nervously excited.  Excited to meet him but nervous that I might lose a leg in the process.    

• 5 months later...